| Wicked New Wheel for the Viper |

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These wheels look fantastic. I can not wait to see the photoshoot pics. Any chance we could also get the weights of the wheels too? I'd consider these for my '04, but they'd have to be lighter than stock in order for me to pull the trigger.

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These wheels look fantastic. I can not wait to see the photoshoot pics. Any chance we could also get the weights of the wheels too? I'd consider these for my '04, but they'd have to be lighter than stock in order for me to pull the trigger.

Well unfortunately we will not be seeing these on a Gen III or IV :( When we road certified this design we certified them with a certain angle for the concave sections. When we started machining my set for the Gen III we realized that the measurements put us out a 1/2 inch outside the rear fenders on the Gen III and IV cars.:mad:

This design will still work fine on the Gen 1's and 2's though. So I am having a new set of Spec 5's made for the car with carbon faces and chrome lips.

The Viper was not the only platform effected either. It cut us out of the Ford GT's, and the Gallardo's.

Anyways if any Gen 1 or 2 guys have any questions about the concaves let me know.

Thanks as always everyone,

Andy Wheeler:drive:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well unfortunately we will not be seeing these on a Gen III or IV :( When we road certified this design we certified them with a certain angle for the concave sections. When we started machining my set for the Gen III we realized that the measurements put us out a 1/2 inch outside the rear fenders on the Gen III and IV cars.:mad:

This design will still work fine on the Gen 1's and 2's though. So I am having a new set of Spec 5's made for the car with carbon faces and chrome lips.

The Viper was not the only platform effected either. It cut us out of the Ford GT's, and the Gallardo's.

Anyways if any Gen 1 or 2 guys have any questions about the concaves let me know.

Thanks as always everyone,

Andy Wheeler:drive:

That's ashame Andy. These wheels are still going to look amazing on a GTS. Hopefully you can get a set in the works soon:2tu:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sell any of these concave wheels to any Vipers yet? I'd love to see a set on a Viper. I really like Concave 5's myself.

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was trying for a set for my Sapphire RT . . . but they are just too rich for my blood.

Andy, if you want to "demo" a set on my RT-then you already know my price parameters :)

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's ashame Andy. These wheels are still going to look amazing on a GTS. Hopefully you can get a set in the works soon:2tu:

Thanks Ryan I appreciate it. Man I was salivating over my personal set :( Oh well I guess thats part of trying something completely new like that. I am thrilled we can still do them for the Gen 1's and 2's though.

You sell any of these concave wheels to any Vipers yet? I'd love to see a set on a Viper. I really like Concave 5's myself.

No not that I know of. I personally have not placed any internet orders for them yet. We can get a set going though if someone wants to go for it. I will make sure and post pic's up of the first cars we do though so we can see them on something else at least.

I was trying for a set for my Sapphire RT . . . but they are just too rich for my blood.

Andy, if you want to "demo" a set on my RT-then you already know my price parameters :)

I understand, and I will keep you in mind:2tu: It's a shame these things require so much machine work to get the look. I would have killed to have been able to price these around 3,500-4,000$, and then offer discounts on top of that.

Of well we'll see how they do.

Thanks for the interest guys!

p.s. Ryan your new shoes are ordered can't wait to see them on your car!

Andy Wheeler

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those Mesh hoops look like they would rock. They also look like they would take me a couple hours to detail! Nice stuff brutha.

Waiting for the monoblocks. Any ETA?

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those Mesh hoops look like they would rock. They also look like they would take me a couple hours to detail! Nice stuff brutha.

Waiting for the monoblocks. Any ETA?

No ETA on the Monoblocks as of now. We are ready to go for the Gen 1's and 2's for the concaves, and we are currently revisiting the Gen III IV fitment issue we had to see if we can get those going again.

I appreciate the comments.:2tu:

Andy Wheeler

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Andy. I'll keep you posted. Just received my 97 today and it will be needing some new kicks soon!

Hey Congrats on the new ride! Didn't you have a Black Z06 as well? I think I remember your screen name over on CF.

Hit me up my brotha! We have been turning out Viper sets lately. Can't wait to see some of these on a Gen II.:2tu::2tu:

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Congrats on the new ride! Didn't you have a Black Z06 as well? I think I remember your screen name over on CF.

Hit me up my brotha! We have been turning out Viper sets lately. Can't wait to see some of these on a Gen II.:2tu::2tu:

Yes sir. Thank you for your kind words. Still have the Vette. Throwing some new D2Forged on her. Might be setting up as the Hawaii distributor for D2. Love working with them so far and that means a lot to me.:2tu:

I'll hit you up as I get closer to doing something with the GTS....Working on going through her with a fine tooth comb right now to get the base to where I want it at....Then the mods start!

OP
OP
F

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stephan and the guys at D2 are a quality bunch. I had some conversations with them a few years ago about doing some photography work for them, and I always got a good feeling about them.

Congrats man I am sure your GTS will look as awesome as your Z06 Build!:headbang:

Yes sir. Thank you for your kind words. Still have the Vette. Throwing some new D2Forged on her. Might be setting up as the Hawaii distributor for D2. Love working with them so far and that means a lot to me.:2tu:

I'll hit you up as I get closer to doing something with the GTS....Working on going through her with a fine tooth comb right now to get the base to where I want it at....Then the mods start!

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stephan and the guys at D2 are a quality bunch. I had some conversations with them a few years ago about doing some photography work for them, and I always got a good feeling about them.

Congrats man I am sure your GTS will look as awesome as your Z06 Build!:headbang:

Thank you my brutha. I'll make sure to touch bases with you when the time comes.:2tu: