widest tire for the front of a GTS?

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received a set of ccw rims with hoosier race tires from woodhouse. I won them on ebay and have to say woodhouse had them to my door in 3 days after I payed. The auction said they were used for Viper days and the tires maybe to old to be any good but I wanted to try them for drag racing and if they didn't hook I was going to just replace them with some good drag radials. My question is about the front tires. All 4 rims have 335-35-17's on them. Aren't they to wide for the front and assuming the front rim is 12 or 13 inches wide what options would I have size wise for replacing the fronts. Also any tips on good drag radials would be great. Thanks

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I guess I just bought 2 sets of rears. Anyone know the smallest tire you can put on a rear rim so I can run it on the front?

Reaction score
The 335 will work on the front of a Gen2 with just a bit of rubbing but you will have a hard tome with the Gen3 cars. I'm sure that Woodhouse Performance sent you a full set of front and rears not just rears. Call them and explain what you have and I'm sure Susan will make it right for you.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 315 on the front with no rubbin' whatsover...and you should have 12 on the front so you should be able to put a 315 on it...

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. Ill call woodhouse and see what they say too. Also does the 315 throw debree on the side of the hood, door, and mirror?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21