Wife can't handle Viper celebrity

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is having trouble understanding the attention the viper gets from people. Today we went to the movies and when we came out there was a guy taking a picture of the car with his cell phone. She exclaimed in suprise, "That guys taking a picture of your car!" Of course the guy heard her say that and turned around. "That's your car!? You know it's a Viper?" (he really said that, lol)I just nodded and said, "Yeah, nice car." On the drive home my wife was just beside herself laughing. She couldn't believe it. I told her she's going to have to get use to that kind of thing. :D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which Movie Star Viper owner said this? ..."A Rock Star, or a Viper Owner, they get recognized more often than I do as a Big Screen actor, after they get done looking at my Viper they turn around and say....".Hey, are you......?"

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positive attention is always welcome and enjoyed.

Negative attention bears some consideration.

Not trying to scare anyone, here. Just offering some practical options for the chance that not everyone out there is nice. I've walked into some bad spots, and I've walked out too.

Good choice for the car:
Heckler&Koch

Good backup for the car:
Pepper Spray Store - buy Mace, bear, dog, and oc pepper defense sprays

Don't be silly, you'd have to get close enough to hug him:
1,000,000 Volt Stun Guns - Safety Gear HQ

The bigger brother:
TASER C2

Good choice for in general:
Heckler&Koch

Perfect home protection:
Benelli - Firearms - M2 Field

Just nip the tip and that semi-auto will stop ALL intruders.
To get an idea, here's a different brand being played with:
YouTube - canadian guy shooting a baikal mp-153

Household 2: Ruger Mini-14 or -30 (.223 or 7.62, respectfully) with folding stock (depending on where that is legal?) Super accurate to at least 150yds by iron sights alone, durable, and many clips available for 5 to 45rds, preferably banana-taped together for quick-change. To give you an idea of size, that sort of thing can be concealed beneath a sport coat. Certain HK MP5s offer similar abilities, but tend to come in auto and are not publicly available.
http://armsbid.com/ks7pix/7kj-034.jpg

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Tusc, and I consider my Glock 27 .40 as a permanent upgrade to my Viper. It fits nicely in the center console.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Boy did this thread take a turn for the worst. Hey will you guys be able to post on here from jail when you shoot and kill somebody? :)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the south, if you don't carry at least two weapons at any given time then you are in the minority! But then again, people don't randomly knock-over liquor stores when they think that the customers are armed in addition to the workers.

Chris's Unofficial H&K P7 Website - More like it. Although the USP is my wife's choice piece.

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehe, yeah, strange twist for this thread. I actually was a member of the NRA at one time but quit because they were just constantly pushing for more donations.

Anyway, Illinois has this strict gun permit law. I don't quite know how it is constitutional, but they have it. Basicly impossible to carry a gun in your car I think.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy did this thread take a turn for the worst. Hey will you guys be able to post on here from jail when you shoot and kill somebody? :)

Actually, yes. The prison system has quite up to date computer labs, though if you're put into a situation where you must discharge your weapon to ensure your own or your passenger's safety by shooting someone who is armed and has an intent to harm you or said passenger.... you'll never need to find out, since you are within your rights to discharge the weapon with lethal force.

On the other hand, no. You cannot post here if the person intending harm succeeds in killing you because you were unable to defend yourself.

Here's a little clip for you: Metro Briefing | Connecticut: Durham: Missing Man Is Found Dead - New York Times

Rob was my childhood friend in school. He took his 5.0 Mustang for a test drive after work with some guys from Meriden looking to buy it. When he went to change seats and let them drive, they cold-cocked him, left him in the brush on the side of the road and drove off with his car. They left the car at a commuter lot off 691 in Southington where police found the only thing missing was the stereo head unit. Meanwhile, the wound on the back of Rob's head swelled, cutting off his nervous system and causing his death.

Now Rob was probably caught by surprise. It's hard to argue the point. But if he was thinking defensively and/or had sufficient means to defend himself (not necessarily a gun) then he might at the very least still be with us today.

No one who legally carries the weapons which some scoff at do so with the wish of ever having to draw them. Even then, no one seeks to end another's life. Blame the legal system for making it "good" to kill someone in those cases and "bad" to only wound them to cease their aggression. :dunno:

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect home protection:
Benelli - Firearms - M2 Field

Household 2: Ruger Mini-14 or -30 (.223 or 7.62, respectfully) with folding stock (depending on where that is legal?) Super accurate to at least 150yds by iron sights alone, durable, and many clips available for 5 to 45rds, preferably banana-taped together for quick-change. To give you an idea of size, that sort of thing can be concealed beneath a sport coat. Certain HK MP5s offer similar abilities, but tend to come in auto and are not publicly available.
http://armsbid.com/ks7pix/7kj-034.jpg

Shotguns are no good for the impending zombie invasion.

I prefer the Glock 26 9mm. Compact but can hold 12 rounds with the extended mag.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is having trouble understanding the attention the viper gets from people. Today we went to the movies and when we came out there was a guy taking a picture of the car with his cell phone. She exclaimed in suprise, "That guys taking a picture of your car!" Of course the guy heard her say that and turned around. "That's your car!? You know it's a Viper?" (he really said that, lol)I just nodded and said, "Yeah, nice car." On the drive home my wife was just beside herself laughing. She couldn't believe it. I told her she's going to have to get use to that kind of thing. :D

So what gen do you have?

Earl

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Better have a FOID card, gun must be in the trunk, clip cannot be in the gun, and bullets cannot be in the clip or in the chamber. Best bet is to check the rules that apply with the police dept. rather than end up in the slammer.

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what gen do you have?
Gen III. I have a '05 Copperhead and I love it! I know a lot of guys may get on me at this point because they prefer the coupes, but that's fine. I looked for a long time for the right car. Test drove a few Gen I and they were nice. Never drove a Gen II. But this one became available and I just fell in love with it. So far no regrets. :drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ruger 9mm. 14 cartridges in magazine and (?) one in the barrel.

Have a long term authorization to transport (shooting competitions) for various times and open places (within about 1000mi.)

Ted

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway, Illinois has this strict gun permit law. I don't quite know how it is constitutional, but they have it. Basicly impossible to carry a gun in your car I think.

Not a problem for the criminals though!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is uncomfortable with the attention as well. For an example, once we were in Monterey on the 17 mile drive. I pulled off to take a picture and several groups of people came over to ask questions and take pics. My wife melted into the crowd and I had to go find her later. She was about 100 yards down the beach waiting for the show to end. She finds the attention embarrassing! I am getting used to it, but sometimes traffic lights seem to take forever!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blimey! were not allowed to carry any type of wepon in the UK! Baseball bat in the trunk (with glove and ball), Honnest officer I was just going to the Park!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As of Sept 2007, we in Texas can legally carry a concealed loaded weapon in our vehicles at all times. We can also use deadly force if someone intends to harm us our our property while we are in the vehicle. Just recently, some joker got shot in San Antonio when he jumped out of his car at a redlight with a bat, and began to assault another motorist that had a gun. Road rage got the best of that guy, he brought a bat to a gun fight.

Texas rules :2tu:

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As of Sept 2007, we in Texas can legally carry a concealed loaded weapon in our vehicles at all times. We can also use deadly force if someone intends to harm us our our property while we are in the vehicle. Just recently, some joker got shot in San Antonio when he jumped out of his car at a redlight with a bat, and began to assault another motorist that had a gun. Road rage got the best of that guy, he brought a bat to a gun fight.

Texas rules :2tu:

Yep, you just don't go around in texas trying to start a fight. More then likely the other person has a gun. Only catch, Shoot to kill. You don't want them to live to sue you for them failing to rob and kill you, and got injured instead.

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At least your wife said "your car" and not "our car". You got a good one there...

Reaction score
I've been licensed to carry a concealed weapon since 1988, 20-years now.
To be safe, I only carry my gun on me (with 2-more in the car) when I have my clothes on, so I'm safe around your wives.

I've never had to use it, and I hope I never do, though it works extremely well when I'm
negotiating sales contracts.