Wife says sell Viper!

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK YOU! I would hope no man would be wishy washy enough to state on a public forum that his wife was "making him" do anything! Although if they did - that would have to be one scary b&*ch to choose public humiliation instead of taking a stand. :laugh:
Hillary Clinton comes to mind. :eek:

-----------------

Keith

'97 Red/Black Stripe GTS - sold
'99 Black/Cognac GTS - arriving in May
'70 El Camino SS – For Sale

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Oh, and if you do decide to get married, make sure to get
seperate bank accounts. Then there is no discussion when you want
to buy toys for yourself. ;)

VCA tip of the day right there - nothing ruins marrage faster than
a joint bank account.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all must have married the wrong women. Mine wants me to keek the Viper and let me install the supercharger. Then also told me to go out and get a new truck just the other day.

Your wife is very rare find :D . Your one lucky dude!!

Nah, not quite, the wife shouldn't have to "let" him have the supercharger, she should encourage it!

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife told me a month ago to sell my Viper and buy her a new car. So I quickly bought Bellanger headers, Corsa exhaust, Hi flow cats, chrome wheels, wing, and my Paxton SC should show up on my door step anyday.

Ha, Buy her a new car.
Aint gona happen.
I blew all the cash. Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!!!!!

Take that wooman!!!!!!!!!!

I hope she does not read this !!!!!!!!!

Hey Bolt, I copied this post to show your wife!

I know where I can get a Paxton real cheap now :D
Let me know when it comes in, oh never mind I'll ask her

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife told me a month ago to sell my Viper and buy her a new car. So I quickly bought Bellanger headers, Corsa exhaust, Hi flow cats, chrome wheels, wing, and my Paxton SC should show up on my door step anyday.

Ha, Buy her a new car.
Aint gona happen.
I blew all the cash. Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!!!!!

Take that wooman!!!!!!!!!!

I hope she does not read this !!!!!!!!!

Hey Bolt, I copied this post to show your wife!

I know where I can get a Paxton real cheap now :D
Let me know when it comes in, oh never mind I'll ask her

LOL!!!!! Too funny!!! That cracks me up :laugh:

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm ok so gimme some tips since i'm sure i'll be married in the next 2 years.
NO i won't sell the viper and she wouldn't want me to anyway because she also loves it.
So NO JOINT N\BANK ACCOUNT? Why is that?
What about having a joint bank account to pay all the bills and then seperate hobby accounts for buying whatever we want for ourselves?

What else should i know/do?

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know what they say... "If it floats, flies, or f#@&$, your better off renting it."

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NO i won't sell the viper and she wouldn't want me to anyway because she also loves it.
What about having a joint bank account to pay all the bills and then seperate hobby accounts for buying whatever we want for ourselves?

I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I do know that money is in fact the number one reason people site for divorce. IMHO, you want one bank account for the both of you. One, it keeps both of you honest when it comes to expendatures, and helps to hold eachother accountable for spending. And two, assuming your the primary breadwinner in the relationship, you don't want her to think that she isn't entitled to equal spending because of the idea that what yours is yours, and what hers is hers. If you still think that, you have no business getting married yet.

I'm no expert, but really, I hope some of these guys are kidding when they say what they say, I know I was. If it makes you comfortable, do a prenup, I believe in them, just for your protection in case it doesn't work out. Other than that, you have to keep it fair and equal always, and keep in mind that what yours IS hers too. Just my $.02.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife says she'll help with the wrenching when the new blower gets here. :nana: ...Or did she say something about blowing the crank??? :confused: ..now I'm not sure ...anyho...she likes the Viper and is supportive ..so that is a good thing?? She is an excellent driver and has driven all my cars incld the Porsche and etc.....but she refuses to drive the Viper...I think it intimidates her a little...I don't know why..CobraJim sez there is nothing hotter than a chick driving a Viper...Leslie?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IMHO, you want one bank account for the both of you. One,
it keeps both of you honest when it comes to expendatures, and helps
to hold eachother accountable for spending.

Nonono - "hold each other accountable for spending" automaticly implies
you do not trust your spouse - or vice versa. Distrust leads to
disharmony and disharmony leads to divorce.

This is how it works with me and my wife and we have never once
fought over each others spending or general account balance. Take
inventory of all your bills. Then proportion out an equal share based
off of importance/and or income earnings. You trust your partner
to pay their side of the bills and whatever is left over is thiers
to do as they please. When you are in control of your own income it
takes away the pressure of who's spending whose money.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score

PM sent

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this should not get lost in all the advice, because it's the best so for: do a prenup
I thought so too when I used to make wayyy more than her. But I'm glad I didn't because now she makes wayyyy more than me.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When you are in control of your own income it

That's just it, its not a matter of whose spending whose money, because it is both your money, regardless of where it came from. What if your wife was a stay at home mom and had zero income, does that means she has no money to spend? That isn't fair at all.

I guess some folks on here keep separate accounts with their spouse, and I guess if that works for them, "to each his/her own." I'm just going to say that that is definately not the norm, and that statistics prove separate bank accounts historically cause problems with relationships/marriages. Just my $.02.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all must have married the wrong women. Mine wants me to keek the Viper and let me install the supercharger. Then also told me to go out and get a new truck just the other day.
4995VIPER_008.jpg
trucks_008.jpg

Ditto this...My wife wouldn't let me sell the Viper if I wanted to because she knows how much I love the car. She was in agreement that my daily driver was getting pretty shabby and she helped me shop for a new car...just the bare necessities, you know:

You must be registered for see images

Marriage is great when you find a woman who understand that guys NEED toys...it's part of who we are. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a minority here (GASP*I'm a girl!)...I am laughing hysterically at all of your posts!! I'm also divorced, asked for absolutely nothing, now in a great relationship that works for BOTH of us...you guys are just hilarious, and I'm quite enjoying reading your posts...as far as the Viper goes, that you gotta hang on to if at allllll possible, especially if SHE came first!! Gotta hand it to all of you, you make us *gals* feel sooooo special....juli of the non-married Juli & Mike and we'll keep it that way :2tu:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you are in control of your own income it

That's just it, its not a matter of whose spending whose money, because it is both your money, regardless of where it came from. What if your wife was a stay at home mom and had zero income, does that means she has no money to spend? That isn't fair at all.

I guess some folks on here keep separate accounts with their spouse, and I guess if that works for them, "to each his/her own." I'm just going to say that that is definately not the norm, and that statistics prove separate bank accounts historically cause problems with relationships/marriages. Just my $.02.

It probably comes down to the people as to the best way to do it in any given situation. If you both are older(maybe 30+?), more experienced, and have been largely independent, then separate accounts might be good because each is used to doing their own thing and it may be hard to handle the loss of that part of the independence (i.e., cut down on either complaining about money spent if it is coming from a common pool). If you are younger, on a tighter budget, someone has money-spending issues, etc., then a joint account might be the way to go to control matters better.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like advise to me James, it sounds like a bunch of guys who don't know how to please their lady or are single for a reason! :D

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been manipulated in the past like that, but not again. I have learned my lessons the expensive way. If you have the bucks and it is not taking away from your family, keep it if that is what you want, otherwise you are in for some rough times moving forward. First the viper, then your ..... :nono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang