Wife wears the pants, selling my NX Nitrous kit....

Shanedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after buying my dream car and spending about $10K on it in one month and spending all my time at work shopping for Viper stuff, she is making me sell the car :(

Anyways, I will get to keep it for another month or so but for now I am selling a used NX kit. I have never installed the kit on my car, but I have nitrous on another car and know the kits really well, and this has everything needed. I even hooked up the silinoids on my 350Z that has nitrous just to check them (I wanted to make sure it was perfect before putting it on the Viper) Anyways, its like a $1,600 kit, and I have everything for it plus a bottle heater, WOT switch, and if the price is right I can include a purge, and remote opener, otherwise these will be going with my 350Z kit. The kit is rated up to 300 horsepower.....I have heard they are good up to 400 but IMO larger nitrous lines would be needed (I think :confused: )

My loss is someones gain, if you are near Kansas City feel free to come by and have a look. If not, I can ship anywhere. Feel free to call me (Derek) at 913-205-9599 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Make an offer :2tu:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, you're actually going to let your wife tell you that you HAVE to sell the car? Thats sad, just sad. :( You should tell her that she has to get rid of everything that makes her happy (MUST total what you paid for the Viper and extra goodies).

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My girlfriend said to me the other day,

her: You love that car more than me don't you??

me: uh huh (nodding)

her: If I asked you to chose the car or chose me, you would chose the car wouldn't you

me : uh huh

She's not my wife but she know's where she would place if she were

OP
OP
S

Shanedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried all of the above, and there is nothing I can do.....trust me.

We are getting ready to take the next step and start having kids so we need to free up some money instead of me spending everything, I even agree with her on this one. She promised within 2 years I will have another one :2tu: but for now its got to go.

She did let me buy a new fully loaded F-150 though :headbang:

By the way, on the nitrous kit, it will not include the purge or remote opener, they are ZEX and will not look good with the NX kit.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She promised within 2 years I will have another one :2tu: but for now its got to go.
Fuggetaboutit! Once you have kids, there will be too many other priorities. Best of luck with the fully loaded F-150. :smirk:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh goody a F-150 instead of a Viper!!! That is a fair swap. Anyway i'm just kidding. Good luck with your wife.

S

SUN RA KAT

Good thing you didn't keep the Viper and tried to sell the wife. She would have not gotten you enough for a full tank of Sunoco 94 gasoline.

OP
OP
S

Shanedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, how about no more talking about the wife, and talking about the juice.

Anyone interested in the NX kit?

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn.. you know, unless it was her money that bought the car in the first place.. never and i say never will i be pistol whipped into a situation like that. It comes down to more than a "money" issue. It is a control issue. If you worked for that car and the car was "yours", then you need to find someone else who doesn't put a pair of vise grips to your balls to get their way. Man, threads like this piss me off.

Good luck selling your kit and as others said, don't expect another viper in 2 years. (unless your divorced by then). :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi