Will a 95 Soft top work on a 96 ?

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Will a 95 Soft top work on a 96 ?"

No,it will not.
shake.gif

The only year soft top that will fit a '96 is a '96. I just went through finding a factory soft top for my '96.
I checked and researched all of the part numbers and solicited Chuck Tator's help, unfortunately you have to find a '96.

OP
OP
T

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kris,
The part number is: PG65 RX9

The number was superceded and would not cross reference to any other year car. I understand the dilemma in Fla with those intense pop-up afternoon thunderstorms. I also agree with you that the joy of owning an RT/10 is going *******.

Hope this helps you.
Chuck

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I remember someone saying the 95 top would fit the early 96's also. Maybe Jon B will help on this one.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom 2K:
I thought I remember someone saying the 95 top would fit the early 96's also. Maybe Jon B will help on this one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jerry's right. In my case I have a '96 top on my '94.
I just had to change the front locking pins to match the '94's. I may still have those pins from the '96.

The distance between the front pins does vary as a running change somewhere within the GEN1 cars. Use a tape measure. Northwind helped me over the phone.