Window is roling up too much

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started happening last night, but it dosn't happen everytime. I got out of the car and shut the door and it made a loud awful noise, at first i thought the seatbelt got caught inbetween the door or something.

Then it happened a few more more times, and i noticed i think its the window rolling high too much, when i shut the door it makes a loud non-right noise that makes me cringe. im not 100% sure yet, but i think its the window that is going up to much and the door dosn't properly close.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had this problem too. I just took the door panel off and adjusted the window myself. Its not to hard just take your time and notice how all the adjustments work before doing to much adjustments at one time. You can actually drop the entire window and also adjust the angle of the window so it pushes against the rubber for a tighter seal.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Common problem with alot of vipers...................................if you do what bmwnv2000 suggested you will be fine.

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, i cant say i want to take off my door panel tho.

So since you say its a common problem can i take it to service and explain to them the situation and hopefully they will know im not the first?

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its worth a try. Is your car out of warranty? If no warranty you would be better off finding a fellow viper owner who knows how to adjust the window to help you locally:dunno: Where you from?

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
miami, fl. but im still in warranty.

I really appreciate the info tho!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also agree with taking it in but,,,,,,the first time i took mine in the tech had no idea..........
so as common as i say it is that does not mean your tech or service guys knows....

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if this is useful info, but I noticed that the mechanism that dips the window really quickly as you close the door, sometimes gets caught out..

The really loud noise is the glass not closing properly (ouch)..

Anyone else notice this?

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this is useful info, but I noticed that the mechanism that dips the window really quickly as you close the door, sometimes gets caught out..

The really loud noise is the glass not closing properly (ouch)..

Anyone else notice this?

Adjusting the glass to lean in a little more will fix this problem.:2tu:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, thanks! :2tu:

Just a quick note to lean the glass in you adjust the very bottom bolts on the front and rear window track. You loosen the nut then turn the allen head bolt stud in the center. Just play with it and you will see how it works:2tu:

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe it's a problem with your window not lowering slightly when you first touch/pull the door latch. If you look closely, it lowers a bit and then raises when the door opens/closes.

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My windows do it too, I just close it slowly and guide the window with my hand till the door latches and then lean into the door to close it the rest of the way so the window moves up and under the sill. Doesn't bother me much because the top is down 100 percent of the time!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang