Window rattle...

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know how easy it is to get the window to stop rattling? The driver side window rattles and does not seem to be secure. Drives me nuts on the highway with the windows down. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there are some pads in the door that come loose. If you roll the window up 1/2 inch it greatly reduces the rattling. You can fix it, but they just come off again.

OP
OP
R

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think there are some pads in the door that come loose. If you roll the window up 1/2 inch it greatly reduces the rattling. You can fix it, but they just come off again.

Even when the window was halfway down it rattled. How easy is it to get to the pads to tighten it up?

RD

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper mechanic ordered me a new window regulator today under warranty.

GTSJERRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, you must remove the door trim panel, there is a small padding that falls off the window run channel at the front of the glass.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Window rattle is easy to fix in my Gen 1 - just take it out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL!!! What about my GenII GTS?

Windows - we don't need no stinking windows :laugh: !

OP
OP
R

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, you must remove the door trim panel, there is a small padding that falls off the window run channel at the front of the glass.

How tough is this?

Robert

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am starting to develop similar rattling. I know how to remove the door panel but I am not sure what padding needs to be replaced??? Anyone try dynamating? Thanks!

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IIRCC When I did it I took the door trim off but as its all only accessible through the speaker hole I think that was unnecessary.

So take the speaker out.
Stick your hand through the speaker hole in the door and ***** around the bottom of the door, you should find a loose piece of plastic strip about a foot long laying in the bottom.

Pull that out, figure out which way round it goes and with the window up slot it back into the inside of the window runner that runs up at an angle at the front of the door. Once its in and with your hand well clear check the operation of the window.

Put the speaker back and enjoy rattle free motoring, until next time.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperDave - thank you very much for the info! I will give it a shot this weekend. I guess I can try to superglue it on...