Window wind noise?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 06' Coupe and have noticed that I get a lot of air/wind noise around my windows and doors in the rear corner of the window area. Is this common place? The rest of the car seems to be pretty airtight.

I checked the seal on the window to body and it is tight with no visible holes. The only thing I notice is that my drivers door does not always grab and close when I shut it which tells me that it needs a small adjustment. the passenger door closes perfectly every time but also has the air/wind noise coming from the same area of that wndow/door.

Just curious if anyone else is having the same problem. I have five solutions thus far:

1. Turn up the Stereo, though I haven't even turned the radio on since I bought the car.
2. Install Bellanger complete exhaust system (headers/hi-flo cats and cat-back), though I am still debating if Bellanger is the way to go.
3. Drive everywhere with the windows down.
4. Install some kind of door sound deadner skin on the inside of the door.
5. Take it in to have everything realigned and they can fix my finicky rear truck latch as well.

I am definitely going to do #5 but debating the others. :drive:

Seriously, anyone else have the wind/air noise problem?

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Colo. My 06 has the same exact problem, no big deal, but I would rather listen to the engine singing along by itself.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess it is refreshing to know that I am not alone.

As much as I do not want to add weight, I might look into adding one of those fancy sound deadner skins on the inside of the door panel, like "Second Skin".

Anyone sell precut kits for the Viper coupe.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess it is refreshing to know that I am not alone.

As much as I do not want to add weight, I might look into adding one of those fancy sound deadner skins on the inside of the door panel, like "Second Skin".

Anyone sell precut kits for the Viper coupe.

I'm not convinced that's going to help with the wind noise as I think it's coming from the bottom front of each window, or at least it sounds like it is in my coupe.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to tell exactly where the sound is coming from. As I said, the rubber seal against the window/door is very tight. I am at a loss.

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll have to listen more carefully next time I go for a cruise, but I did notice that the Viper has alot less wind noise than the C5 Vette I just got rid of. I guess that is why I was not too concerned. I was used to much more wind noise than I have now.:2tu:

RQ_SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is how my '06 coupe works, which I assume is true for the rest:

* If you get in the car with the windows fully UP, when closing the door(s) the seal is great. You'll have as great a seal as can be reasonably expected.

* If you close the doors with the windows not fully up and then put them up while driving, then you are screwed because there is no way the seal will get traction.

As stated, best solution is to leave the windows down and enjoy but that doesn't always work when heading in to work. Although it is an incentive to join the "shaved head" look.

Flying Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Colo, like Mopar said, dont waste your money, the noise is not coming from the doors.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a little more noise than I did from my GTS, but I have a feeling it is from the mirrors more than the windows

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96