Winter......

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ouch, a VW import in there. My Viper's parked beside a 750hp 440 Duster. 11F today here in the GREAT WHITE NORTH.

You must be registered for see images

As of yesterday we've got a foot of snow after the last storm came through. So much for "global warming". Waiting for the lake to freeze so that we can use the totally flat Ice highway on Nimpo Lake. No speed limits, no cops, private road!

Ted

OP
OP
B

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the kids are VW fanatics. Son drives an R32, and daughter an EOS. I drive a Highlander Hybrid that sits outside.....
Anyone considering a new winter dd, should at least test drive an 06-07 HighHy. The electrics give you that instant torque which gives you the ability to just smoke a lot of cars off the line. I have more fun with that Al Gore car.....
I live on top of a neglected road on a hill. Once the salt truck comes, it dumps a mother-load of salt that I just cant bring myself to let the nice cars drive in. They get babied now until Spring, so until then, I have to amuse myself with the HiHy.
I live between Syracuse and Binghamton, so we get around 100+ inches of snow/year. Worst storm I recall must have been the 93 blizzard..... I remember opening up my garage door, and had just a 6inch slot of daylight at the top. The whole family shovelled for 3 days (of course the snowblower died....). I dug the equivalent of my entire house foundation by hand in 3 days.
When it's nice here, it's very nice. When it's tough, it can be mean.
Cold doesn't bother me as I'm R-19 in a tee-shirt.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is all that white stuff on the ground? It is 88 degrees out today
:') :drive:

PB100031.JPG

Oh, you are SOOOO missing out~~nothing better than 'slip-sliding-away'~~:smirk:
(Braggart~~~:cool: !) ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ABSolutely beautiful and breathtaking, Ted...the best of most worlds there~~except the snow, of course! Thanx for sharing again...as always, gorgeous pics!! ~juli

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli- OMG that picture is way to familiar. Nothing yet here but an hour North there getting hit today.

I did take the car out this week for a 2 hour jaunt. To crappy out today with the wind driven rain and all but hopefull I can get some seat time in this weekend.

Happy Turkey Day.

PB100031.JPG

Oh, you are SOOOO missing out~~nothing better than 'slip-sliding-away'~~:smirk:
(Braggart~~~:cool: !) ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jeff!! Yeah, already starting...cars are covered and sleeping in the garage, but we MAY be able to eke out some driving time this Sunday, weather forecast changed to 40's now, not 30's and sleet~~LOL!
Hope you DO get your car out there and able to enjoy some more driving time while we can~~! Happy Turkey Day to you and your family as well...thank you! ~juli

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks,

Wife's already planning a cross-continent trip for March. Mid-western BC down through California, Texas and down to Florida. Then jump on a cruise ship for a week. Finally back into the Viper to drive home. Expect that'll be over 8,000mi. Hoping to stop at Larry Macedo's motorsports, since he built the engine in my car. Hopefully cruise some Florida beaches while we're there.

So far I've driven from Illinois and Ohio to BC in a Viper and I've been to Reno, LA, San Fran and Sedona. I enjoyed the long open roads of Montana and North Dakota with the higher speed limits and lack of traffic cops. California was interesting with ordinary speed limits but all the traffic travelling at 85-100mph. Wondering what driving in Texas will be like. Drove a rental car (Kia) from Chicago to Ringgold, Georgia last winter, but that wasn't fun (probably because I was driving a Kia).

I'll just use Spring trip thoughts if I get cold.

On the other hand, it would be a little tough to do any sleddin' in Miami.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL--Nope, no sledding in Miami...sounds like a great trip planned! Gets one thru the winter, I would suppose!! GREAT pics as usual...and you're a great writer as well....love to read what's up with you~~thx! ~juli

V

Venomiss

If you do California-will you be going down Hwy1 pac coast?

Tell your wife she needs to plan a stop at this special place to eat.
Good parking for Vipers.:D We were in our Denali.

Nepenthe - Big Sur, California - 831 667 2345

There is also a live webcam on the site looking out over the Pacific Ocean.
We visited there last March on our drive to Ensenada.

Keep up the pictures! Incredible stuff !

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks a little crowded on that lake for my liking! Actually the less I see of my neighbors the more I like them. That place looks like heaven.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only about 25% of the lake frontage is privately owned. Still have sales of cabin and 5 acres going for $150,000. My driveway is 1/4 mile long!

The main attraction (to a Viper guy) is the 200mi. of low traffic Highway 20! About every 3 months the city "Commercial Vehicle Inpsection" guys come out and hand out speeding, seat belt, etc. etc. tickets.

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32