Winterizing a Viper

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that I am going to winterize my viper this year. Any suggestions about what I should do? Additives, fuel level, battery, tire pressure, oil, anything that needs attention? Thanks for your help.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeremy

I chose to do the same and live not to far from you. I filled the tank and added a stabilizer called Sta-Bil, I had the oil recently changed so wasn't worried about that. I checked tire pressure and will maintain over the winter. I hooked up my battery / maintainer and am leaving it at that. If the weather breaks, this rain / drizzle crap, then I am going for a drive and will empty the tank, then refuel and put sta-bil back in and wait for the next chance to drive.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that I am going to winterize my viper this year. Any suggestions about what I should do?
If you have a GEN 3 there is a battery saver sequence you can go through. Check your owner manual to see the steps.

Tom_________
04 White Mamba
06 VOI9 Coupe

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Move to Florida.... We can drive them all year :D

Seriously I feel for you guys who have to hibernate them like big bears. Happy holidays from the sunshine state! :usa:

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In S.E. Louisiana I've found that the best winterization is done with both feet, one on the loud pedal and one on the Whoa! pedal. Sorry about you guys who live in the ice and snow. I don't think I could live in that environment! Best of luck to you in preserving your special autos.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Move to Florida.... We can drive them all year :D

Seriously I feel for you guys who have to hibernate them like big bears. Happy holidays from the sunshine state! :usa:

Well actually there's 2 months when we curtail our driving of nice cars a bit, love-bug season, around memorial day and labor day. Those nasty little critters will eat your paint and mess up a perfectly good radiator, but winter time in FL is the best time for a viper!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeremy

I chose to do the same and live not to far from you. I filled the tank and added a stabilizer called Sta-Bil, I had the oil recently changed so wasn't worried about that. I checked tire pressure and will maintain over the winter. I hooked up my battery / maintainer and am leaving it at that. If the weather breaks, this rain / drizzle crap, then I am going for a drive and will empty the tank, then refuel and put sta-bil back in and wait for the next chance to drive.

I was going to really put mine down, but now I think I am gonna do the same thing as you.

I don't think I can go 6 mos without driving it, I'd go crazy:rolaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery