Wiper blade refills? 06 Coupe

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My windshield wipers are squeaky and I wanted new blades. I had no idea these were hard to find items :) Does everyone get wiper refills / replacements from Dodge?

David

OP
OP
S

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found another thread on the same topic that saysd you have to go to Dodge for about $36 each :(

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a pair from VCA Viper Parts America. You get a VCA discount.

BLK04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Forgot Vipers even had wipers......if the blades are in good shape just wash the blades with cleaner or soap & water & the squeak will go away

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, guys here's one from a chemist (polymer). There's nothing special about the rubber. I yanked the old ones off the blade and matched up with an auto part cheapo, razored off the back to make it flat and bonded it with superglue to the Viper blade. Not about the money, about the challenge. Superglue generally is not a good material for constant water but it has held up.

OP
OP
S

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a real chemist would use expoxy instead of cyano :) Epoxy is cool stuff!!

I drive my Viper. If it gets dirty, it gets washed. If it rains, it needs wipers. It's not a daily driver but maybe every 2-3 days instead.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive my Viper. If it gets dirty, it gets washed. If it rains, it needs wipers. It's not a daily driver but maybe every 2-3 days instead.

Where's the Garage Queen Police when we need them??? The nerve of you!! Driving your Viper, in rainy weather!!! :omg:

Someone explain to David that a Viper is not a Corvette, and that wiper blades should never actually pass over the surface of the glass.