Wire to trunk?

Larry 03 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have trouble getting any info from this forum.
The other forum was very good about getting some kind of answer.
If no one has done a radio upgrade, has anyone run wires to the trunk?
I would like to know if there is an easy way to get wires to trunk so I can install xm radio and/or other radio components in the trunk.
thanks
larry

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think the reason answs are tough to come by here is that not many people haved this type of work or mods to the car. good luck in finding you info. when you do the work you will be a pioneer and the source of future help.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Mike. In the first year with the new car we will all be paving the way. It has nothing to do with the forum or participants.

As an example I was watching very closely the side sill removal thread as an exhaust upgrade will be in the works in a week +. The service manual doesn't provide the necessary details to really understand what is required.

So, what I guess I am saying is that you may indeed be the first owner to upgrade the radio, or maybe just the first that posts here that is contemplating doing it himself. Either way the positive is to share your experiences, and others as well.

For the exhaust, my first planned real upgrade, I plan on taking pictures og the process to share.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

It seems you and I are after the exact same mods these days e.g 3.45 final gear ratio and now the exhaust (though I know you are ahead of me as I am still waiting for my 04 but I should on top of King Bill P's list).
What kind of exhaust are you going after - is both headers and highflow cats or only cat back or ?

What about lowering - have you thought about that (I would so much like to get rid of that huge wheel/fender gab).

I look forward to hear about your exhaust experiences

NB: any news from PVO regarding the bog (I know you just turned in the data - again thanks for that).

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hans, mods indeed! RSI is making my exhaust right now. My first level is to remove the cats and make the car perform alittle better while making it cooler and better sounding. I decided to hold off on headers for a while. Guess I am waiting for more cost effective headers to arrive that have proven performance. And when I do a cam change (the comp coupe cam) and porting would be included.

Haven't heard anything yet about gear availability and/or compatability with Gen II differentials. Probably the best mod for a SRT.

For the bog I know that PVO is testing a revised calibration with a bog solution. It normally takes a little while to verify the cal and obtain approvals, software rewrite, etc.

Back to the original question of this thread. Since the battery box is in the trunk is there any chance to use the battery cable entry as a point of entry into the trunk? Just a thought. I know when I installed a 6 disc changer in the RT/10 I used existing taped over holes. Something you do not see until you remove all of the coverings.