Wiring Question (94 RT/10)

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '94 RT/10's left door speakers stopped working again and I've tracked it down to the wiring harness that goes through the left door jam to the interior. Removing the cover I found that three of the wires are broken. I fixed this once about 2 years ago by splicing and soldering ALL of the wires then putting heat shrink tubing on each one individually. I then wrapped the whole thing in heat shrink tubing and electrical tape. Well, they just broke again about an inch further down the harness this time. Is there any cure for this problem?

I want to simply buy a new harness but the parts manual I have only seems to list it for the coupe but it's a little confusing. There are three related part numbers in figure 8-1505: 4709 022-33 = Wiring, Door speakers. 4763 076 = Wiring, Door Right (body style 29, coupe). 4763 075 = Wiring, Door Left (body style 29, coupe). Can I assume that the 4709 022-33 is the door wiring for both sides for the convertible body style?

I'll call one of the dealers and ask tomorrow but I'd like to have this info on the board for posterity.

--Rob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62