With gas priced predicted to dip below $3 gal, do you think Dodge can make enough?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest predictions is for gas to drop below $3.00/gal. If this is the case, do you think that Dodge will be able to ramp up production to meet the demand.

When fuel was tending towards $5/gal, I would have to suspect that many people would hesitate to purchase anything with a gas guzzler tax.

But if fuel seems cheap, I would believe that many would opt for the bigger engines.

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: With gas priced predicted to dip below $3 gal, do you think Dodge can make enough

$3.00 gas in Cali means almost $2.00 gas everywhere else! WOOHOO!!!!

No doubt, cheaper gas will probably help sales. Also tends to help trade in values and sales on used gas guzzlers (trucks, SUV's, etc...)

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: With gas priced predicted to dip below $3 gal, do you think Dodge can make enough

Those prices will be short lived. To think otherwise is a little foolish

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can't imagine that anyone in the market for a Gen V Viper thinks much about the price of gas to fuel it. I don't see that being part of the equation.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can't imagine that anyone in the market for a Gen V Viper thinks much about the price of gas to fuel it. I don't see that being part of the equation.

Couldn't say it any better..........

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gas is not a government regulated commodity. In fact, the government gets more money off gas taxes when the price is higher. Gas is regulated by crude prices and refining capacity. Crude prices are regulated by OPEC. They have been kind (if $100/barrel is considered kind) and Saudi Arabia has been filling up all the holes in supply. But once WTI crude , drops below $75 (it $78 now), I don't see them keeping supply steady. They will cut capacity and prices will go back into the $90+ range. Refining capacity is tight on the east coast with 3 refineries shut down. Just based on that, gas prices will continue to stay higher than normal for the equivalent crude price from past years.

But the Proshares Ultra Crude ETF: Ticker UCO and enjoy a great ride at some point in the future. It will certainly pay for all your gas guzzler tax. :)

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

government makes more money off high gas prices, they will not stay low for long.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ummmm

Gas is not a government regulated commodity. ......

it is because gov controls refinery permits and e&p regs which creates this

...... Refining capacity is tight ..... Just based on that, gas prices will continue to stay higher than normal for the equivalent crude price from past years.....

but what do i know

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

if and when gas drops below $3/gl the viper will be my daily driver :D

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ahhhhh.......it is already 2.93 for regular outside of Houston.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang