Woman driving Viper killed

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Could someone local please let us know if they are receiving any donations in her name and where we can send them, if she had any children. My wife passed away and left me with tree children and I remember how much the help I received meant at a time like that.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Her name was Meridith Johnson, she lived in Larkspur CO. She was headed eastbound on CO hwy 86 when a little after midnight she crossed over into the westbound lane and hit a semi head on. She died at the scene before the flight for life hele arrived. The roads out here were wet at the time but no ice or snow until this evening. From the video I have seen it was a red with silver stripes GTS ACR. Not much left forward of the rear wheels.

Well I can think of two people that car MIGHT belong to. Jim Johnson is the Colorado/Utah president (though I think he owns a 94 RT/10). And John (aka STEAMROLLER) owns a red/silver ACR. I hope she was not a loved one of either of them. My condolences to her friends and family.

Did anyone learn any more? some way we can help?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Her name was Meridith Johnson, she lived in Larkspur CO. She was headed eastbound on CO hwy 86 when a little after midnight she crossed over into the westbound lane and hit a semi head on. She died at the scene before the flight for life hele arrived. The roads out here were wet at the time but no ice or snow until this evening. From the video I have seen it was a red with silver stripes GTS ACR. Not much left forward of the rear wheels.

Well I can think of two people that car MIGHT belong to. Jim Johnson is the Colorado/Utah president (though I think he owns a 94 RT/10). And John (aka STEAMROLLER) owns a red/silver ACR. I hope she was not a loved one of either of them. My condolences to her friends and family.

Possibly a combined donation from VCA members?

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Possibly a combined donation from VCA members?

I was thinking the same thing; how can I help the family. I will try and see if I can find out more.

It does not appear to be Steamroller as a quick phonebook search shows the only Meredith Johnson in Larkspur being married to a Kris...not a John. I will PM Staamroller just to make sure.

How does one find out more about this type of thing? Calling Kris seems to be a bit intrusive right now. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave

V

venms96

Dave,

You asked for suggestions...find out the State Police, Highway Patrol, or Local Police Dept. who works in the area of the crash. That shouldn't be to hard to figure out if you guys are familiar with the area. Get that Department's phone number and call them. For these types of crashes, and any crash for that matter, there is a form filled out by the Investigating Police Officer called a "Public Information News Release" form. The Next of Kins have to be notified before they can release the names on that form.
By now, the Next of Kins have probably been notified and it's safe to say that you can get information off of that News Release if they have one prepared.
That will get you solid, non-TV news twisted info.

venms96

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing; how can I help the family. I will try and see if I can find out more.

It does not appear to be Steamroller as a quick phonebook search shows the only Meredith Johnson in Larkspur being married to a Kris...not a John. I will PM Staamroller just to make sure.

How does one find out more about this type of thing? Calling Kris seems to be a bit intrusive right now. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave

Dave,
Thanks for PMing Steamroller, I was going to do that until I read your post. If you need any help making phone calls or anything, let me know as I am more then happy to help!

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All... Thanks for the concern, but it was not my car.

I do not know of another red/silver ACR in Colorado besides mine, so I am curious about whose car it is, too.

It was a very unfortunate incident. My condolences go out to her family and friends.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All... Thanks for the concern, but it was not my car.

I do not know of another red/silver ACR in Colorado besides mine, so I am curious about whose car it is, too.

It was a very unfortunate incident. My condolences go out to her family and friends.

Good to hear, I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm glad all is well with you.

goldfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto on Josh's email John. You are the first person I thought of when I first read this thread and heard red/silver ACR. Great to hear you and yours are okay.
Mike

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove this route late yesterday afternoon. I saw skid marks in the westbound lane going into the eastbound lane. I believe there are solid yellow lines dividing the highway but shortly before the solids were passing dividers. Visibility is wide open in this area with plenty of room on either side of the wide 2 lane road to see oncoming traffic. Hard to try and picture what happened.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove this route late yesterday afternoon. I saw skid marks in the westbound lane going into the eastbound lane. I believe there are solid yellow lines dividing the highway but shortly before the solids were passing dividers. Visibility is wide open in this area with plenty of room on either side of the wide 2 lane road to see oncoming traffic. Hard to try and picture what happened.

With the werck happening late at night, its possible she just dozed off long enough to veer into the other lane and she woke up just in time to see the truck and slam the brakes leaving the skid marks

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[quote
With the werck happening late at night, its possible she just dozed off long enough to veer into the other lane and she woke up just in time to see the truck and slam the brakes leaving the skid marks

[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking too. I don't know the area, but are there alot of animals there? Perhaps she tried dodging some critter. Oh well. We'll probably never know.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,that's pretty much the same thought I had when I read the post you referenced.Late night,drowsy driver-a likely explanation,IMHO.Not like so many Viper crashes that involve some sort of loss-of-control event.Very sad,whatever the reason.

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[quote

That's what I was thinking too. I don't know the area, but are there alot of animals there? Perhaps she tried dodging some critter. Oh well. We'll probably never know.

[/QUOTE]

The crash site is still very visible. In fact there are Viper parts still littering the area including a large piece of red fiberglass. I was told a front loader was used to scrape up all of the debris. Someone has put a white cross up.
I did some further checking into the suspected cause; what I found out is very disturbing... not a deer or dozeing. I feel it would be wrong to post this information but if you would like to know more please PM me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4