Woodhouse Paxton Install Questions

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am considering having them put a blower on my new car and I have some questions:

What does this do to the factory warranty?

Are there any break-in issues with a new motor?

Have you had any tuning problems after delivery?

Is it bullet-proof?

What is the overall quality of the install?

Thanks for your help.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had Woodhouse install headers, exhaust, etc and dyno tune my '01 Viper. I had a problem with a piggyback computer which I explained to Bill and Mark Jorgensen. They brought a truck and enclosed trailer down, took my car back to Blair and fixed the problem, then offered to deliver the car back to me at no charge.

If they do the Paxton install (I'm thinking about having them do it on my SRT Ram) they stand behind the excellent work of their team. Should something go wrong they'll take car of you.

So to answer your questions:
1) factory warrenty - I believe that they'll cover it since their doing the install and have done dozens of them. I havent read or heard anything of a negative response or experience

2) dont know about break in issues

3) tuning issues - not Paxton related but my above post explains my issue and how they resolved it...I would say nothing but excellent in the response once I reported a problem

4) cant answer bullet-proof (of the system I suspect)

5) quality - excellent, they have 3 or maybe 4 Viper specific techs that drive the vehicle, nobody else touches them

Good luck, I may have them come get my truck and put a Paxton on it as well.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am considering having them put a blower on my new car and I have some questions:

What does this do to the factory warranty?

Are there any break-in issues with a new motor?

Have you had any tuning problems after delivery?

Is it bullet-proof?

What is the overall quality of the install?

Thanks for your help.

Mark Jorgenson and his team did a Paxton install on my 06 FE Coupe three months ago. I am extremely pleased with the quality of the installation and the drivability of the car. They did a great job and gave me the new dyno sheets when I picked up the car. I have had no tuning issues post delivery and have put over 3000 miles on the car since installation. Woodhouse installs ALOT of Paxtons. There were two other FE coupes in the shop having Paxtons installed at the same time mine was. I'd highly recommend the Paxton and I have nothing but good things to say about Woodhouse, Mark Jorgenson and his team.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do it!! You will kick yourself if you don't. You don't want those pesky Ford GTs beating you! Make sure and get the polished kit looks awesome. :headbang:

wbexxon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Woodhouse installed the paxton on my copperhead and works perfectly. The install was flawless. Bill said if I have any major problems they would handle it but for small things I could go to the dealer.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

I would not hesitate one bit in having Woodhouse do the work. They do excellent work and stand behind their work 100%. I was never happy with the hood/fascia alignment on my Sapphire ACR or tuning work that was done in town so I had them complete the work. The car came back with better than factory body alignment specs and I picked up 40 HP on a simple VEC 2/dyno tune.

BTW they picked up my 05 Commemorative last week and are installing flywheel, 3.55 gears, Corsa track exhaust, Random tech metal cats, Autoform rollbar, K&N's, underdrive pulley, and finally (for now) a set of Moton fully adjustable shocks. I really bit the bullet on the shocks since they are almost $5K so Paxton will come later this year. Also, they are installing a piggy-back computer (Dastech) to optimize A/F (should pickup 35-45 HP). When the car left here it dynoed at 430 rwhp. I'm hoping to end up close to 500 rwhp.

Everything is done except tuning which is scheduled for Monday and waiting on rollbar. With any luck, I'll see it next weekend.

Mike

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would 100% do it again. Had them install a Paxton on my 06' SRT I just received and the car looks perfect and runs flawlessly. Mark and Bill were a pleasure to deal with.

Tom

shortybighead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have my Copperhead now, they are throwing a Paxton, and a RaceLogic on it. I will let you know the results when I get it back!

Tool Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also plan to have Woodhouse install a Paxton on a new coupe. There are 2 things that bother me. The first is putting a new motor on a dyno(I guess I'll still do it because I know the work will be right) The 2nd is not having a warranty on the car. I live on the east coast and am pretty sure that the Dodge dealers around here will tell me that I voided the warranty on the whole car. I think they would be within their legal right to do so. Now that I've rambled on I still plan to take my chances and do it.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have Woodhouse install the Paxton and something goes wrong they will not leave you on your own. You may want to get specs as to what they'll cover warranty-wise but they're not installing these systems just so the warranty can be voided and you be left in the cold and unhappy.

Make sure you talk to Bill P. If something goes wrong and its related to the Paxton install, workmanship, whatever, he's not going to tell you your on your own. If anything, they'll come get the car like they did in my situation and fix whatever needs to be fixed, adjusted, broke, whatever. Their not that kind of dealership to just void your warranty over something they did!!

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have Woodhouse install the Paxton and something goes wrong they will not leave you on your own. You may want to get specs as to what they'll cover warranty-wise but they're not installing these systems just so the warranty can be voided and you be left in the cold and unhappy.

Make sure you talk to Bill P. If something goes wrong and its related to the Paxton install, workmanship, whatever, he's not going to tell you your on your own. If anything, they'll come get the car like they did in my situation and fix whatever needs to be fixed, adjusted, broke, whatever. Their not that kind of dealership to just void your warranty over something they did!!

Ditto :2tu:

Bill P. and his team are the BEST to purchase from and deal with for any other mods/etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala