Woodward Dream Cruise

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a bummer - it looks as though the Woodward Dream Cruise will be a bust this year. I got the Viper all shined up and pulled out of the driveway yesterday heading to a gas station and the power went out in most of the state of Michigan. No gas to be had anywhere.

I found two gas stations running on generators today and there was over a mile backup at each one.

I also drove by several hotels this morning and saw a ton of trailered vehicles in their parkling lots. That would really ****.

Looks like we'll have to wait until next year.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that is sonething I never thought about while listening to all the blackout reports! Maybe power will be back in time, let's hope.

hmmm..... no electricity means no gas..... wonder what it would mean if we all had electric vehicles? Just a thought ;)

I heard an interesting report on technolgy at lunch.... the people with old rotary dial phones.... could make phone calls.... and those with cash in their wallets buy water and food.

If you had a cell phone and credits cards (even checks were not accepted as they to needed "verification") you are out of luck and potentially very hungry and thirsty......

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We left for WW early, got gas, then found the next 2 traffic lights were blinking yellow. Successive traffic lights were out completely! Only long wait was at WW and Sq Lake Rd, about 10 minutes..then we shot onto I-75 and back home before it got really messy. We must have gassed up just a minute or two before the power went out... Lots of rain called for Saturday, plus 8pm curfew for Dream Cruising.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21