Woodward Dreamcruise

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I spent most of the day at the Woodward Dreamcruise near Detroit today. My Viper is in the shop, so I was on foot all day, walked about 8 miles and I am exhausted, LOL. Only saw about 4 Vipers cruising the streets and another 4 parked. They had a Visteon racing Viper GTS and another racing GTS at the Dodge exhibit. Saw a few other cars I wouldn't mind adding to my garage someday. They had a Pantera club with about 10-15 of them there. I liked a white one and black one both of which had a rear wing. They look pretty cool, does anyone here own one? Saw a red Ferrari 348 Spyder. I really don't like the styling on the newer Ferrari's as much and am fond of the 348. Saw a bunch of Hummers from a Hummer club. I wouldn't mind having one for some serious offroading. Saw a Lamborghini Countach, my all time favorite car, I don't like the styling of the Diablos. They had the Silver Bullet on display, which was legendary for street racing on Woodward back in the 60's ? and was never beat, 10.3 @ 135 or so. A lady I used to work with has a brother that owns it now I think. They also had a lot of old one of a kind prototypes from years past and concept cars for the future. Saw the Firebird F1, I think is what it was called. Saw the new Buick hot rod prototype that I just saw in a car magazine a few days ago. The Batmobile was there. Too many cars to list, if any of you have never been to the Dreamcruise, you must put it on your list of events to go to.

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back to North Carolina from attending the cruise. It was too far to take my own cars but I did get to cruise in a friends beautiful yellow '32 high boy roadster (with flames of course). I have never seen so many classic cars and car nuts all in one place at one time! Unlike most car events I go to there were actually as many classic MOPARS as there were Chevy's! I asked about the 2003 RT 10 at the Dodge exhibit. Evidently it was on its way to the Monterey. You would think they would have more than one! They did have the Charger show car on display. Detroit did itself proud with this one. This was my first year and I HIGHLY recommend it to any car nut.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We attended this event a few years ago and the particular show we went to had over 1300 show cars (Ferndale Show), where we managed to win a trophy with our 340 Six Pak T/A. The cruise down Woodward was something you mostly just dream about, it is incredible how many cars are there. Isn't it something like 30,000 cars and well over 1 million people that attend? We will probably go back next year, this time with the RT/10. It is an incredible show that is nearly impossible to describe! Talk about a happening, this is it! The Silver Bullet is something else, a Hemi powered 67 Coronet that was never beaten on Woodward back when the factories were into street racing one another right on Woodward Ave., the stuff of legends.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WRIF (Detroit radio) this morning said it was 1.6 million people that attended this year. Fairly impressive for just one particular street out of all the streets in detroit
smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4