Woohoo! I am one of you now! Just got my car!

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Six years of saving, eight months of searching and 3 months of waiting for the never ending winter to be over! My car is finally here!! 1997 B/W GTS. See pictures on second page (Thanks for hosting kcobean!!)

I want to thank all you guys that have helped me over the past months. A special thank you goes out to Mark Daniels (Mad0953) who took the time on his busy weekend to go check out a car in Oregon for a very nervous buyer in Montreal Canada. I can't say enough about how great this community is!!

A another special thank you goes out to the seller Russell Myers. He could have asked a lot more for this car an without him I don't think I ever could have gotten the car of my dreams. As it turns out, Russell is a very humble man, as I learned later, he is actually the originator and creator of the comic strip Broomhilda. He is a fascinating man with a long mopar history. I asked Russell if he didn't mind doing a drawing on the sun visor and sign it. Otherwise....no one would ever believe me...and it makes the car a little more original with a great story.

TFX International transport in Canada is the best! No border hassles, they made everything simple and delievered the car safely.

I have to wait 1 week until I can drive it!!:mad: I have to get the car inspected by the government before I can plate it and insure it. That happens May 17th.

I look forward to meeting more of you as I learn this car and screw up every now and then!!! ;)

John

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATS John!!!!! SOOOOOO happy for you, you have got the BEAUT of the bunch :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: ...the '96 and '97 b/w GTS IS the epitome of ALL Vipers...very glad for you! I'm sorry I cannot help with posting pictures, I don't know how myself, but someone will respond, or you can ask the moderators to help you? Again, congratulations, and ENJOY! :D :D :D
~juli~

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the party!
Drive careful, good or bad remember everyone on the road is looking at you...:2tu:

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chuck,

I am going to your Bar BQ event. It will be my first trip in the Viper.

Can anyone help me to upload the photos?

I'll be glad to upload the photo's.....
.... just send me IM attachment or E Mail address

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go easy with the throttle for while and learn the car. Go to a viperdays event for even better instruction. Respect the power. Congrats on a dream come true!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you happy John???? I enjoyed meeting Russ over in Grants Pass. He had several other Mopars in his garage that were pretty cool. I have a picture of him and I standing by your car. Maybe I'll post it but he is so tall and I am so short. We look like Mutt and Jeff. :)

OP
OP
K

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you happy John???? I enjoyed meeting Russ over in Grants Pass. He had several other Mopars in his garage that were pretty cool. I have a picture of him and I standing by your car. Maybe I'll post it but he is so tall and I am so short. We look like Mutt and Jeff. :)

VERY happy!!! You were right Mark. I am the luckiest b'**** on earth.

I have that picture also. He is tall. Just waiting for some help in posting. I could post pictures before using the old site for some reason now I can't do it. I followed the instruction on the sticky post but I'm not having much success.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, here is the pic. Very memorable day. Russell is a very nice man. Hope to see you this Summer.

By the way I am the short handsome dude!!!!!

:D

You must be registered for see images

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice touch on the visor. I took a Broomhilda pic for Russell to autograph and completely forgot about it until I got home!!!!!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like he had it detailed too before he shipped it off to you John!!!! What a gentleman and what a gorgeous car. You lucky bastiage. :)

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on a beautiful car!

Maybe you can take it to the Ottawa event in early June? (If you're not signed up to go already;) )

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a great lookin car congratulations:2tu:
Have you had it out yet ? When I shipped mine into Canada I had temporary insurance put on it to be able to drive it .

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey... congrats on the car she's a beut!!! I brought my 99 up from the states last year and the only thing I had to get done to her for the gov't certification was running lights. So should be no worries there.

I also had to buy the front license bracket from parts rack, but I actualy havn't put it on yet (touch wood) it just looks so nice without the front plate..lo

Enjoy...you've earned it.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holla from a fellow B/W owner, I have a 97 too. May I ask why you chose the 97 B/W? I'm wondering if you chose that car for the same reasons I chose mine :)

Ok, not go do a compression/leak down test, and if all checks out, go get some twin turbos LOL!