Woohoo ! She's in

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got THE call today, she's in !
Jumped in the Caddy and rushed to the Dealer, my heart stopped a little when I first saw her, sitting pretty, much better live than in the pics I've seen.
Checked her out for a while and was impressed by the quality feeling of the Sepia interior and all the nice flowing curves of the body. Then the Manager handed me the keys and said "She's yours, take her for a ride". First impression was the seats felt comfy for my 6' and 225 lbs, better than anticipated except the headliner is way too low and you have to bend over to see the traffic light. Pushed the Start button and was pleased by the exhaust sound a mellow purr just loud enough to bring a smile of approval by everybody on site. By comparaison my 08 (when stock) was way too quiet and rough sounding that I could not wait to get headers on. She sounds like a Gen 4 with the smoothing of the Mopar PCM and loudness of a catback.Took her for a spin and ** what a feeling ! I did only about 10 miles and loved everything about it. Every control seems so easy compared to the Gen IV, clutch is light with a long travel, shifter smooth and solid. Steering grip is nice and the car tracks straight, not hunting left and right by the concrete grooves, very easy to drive with one finger in traffic ( I always had a full hand on the steering in my 08). On the way back I was driving at about 50 in second when a yellow SS Camaro showed up by my side, so I floored it to about 85 and shifted to third before letting go, power is explosive right up there, but I have to say that my Gen 4 seemed more brutal by comparaison, probably by the lack of sophistication and more raucus going on, still it felt real good. Corsa tires were surprisingly quiet even with both windows down. Street setting in the suspension felt good and comfortable, race setting was not too harsh either, felt like my 08 with KW2 shocks set on firm, no worse.
Thats just my first impression of a very limited drive, but enough for me to take the 7 year warranty as I know she'll be mine for a long time !
Dealer will do the prep and I'll take delivery tomorrow after lunch. The wait is finally over, and I'm in love !

Attachments

• DSC02366.jpg
    DSC02366.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC02434.jpg
    DSC02434.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC02401.jpg
    DSC02401.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 341

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very exciting! Your Viper looks great. Take plenty of video and pictures tomorrow :)

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I know exactly how you felt. There is something very special about the first time you see and drive her :)
Also the car gets better after about 750 to 1000 miles everything just settles in
Congratulations on a great looking car

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love that interior! Gorgeous! However, I DO notice that the headlight switch, and the steering wheel control buttons are the same as on my '13 Dart! That's either good or bad, depending on your point of view. LOL!

Congrats, and enjoy her in good health!

OP
OP
S

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love that interior! Gorgeous! However, I DO notice that the headlight switch, and the steering wheel control buttons are the same as on my '13 Dart! That's either good or bad, depending on your point of view. LOL!

Congrats, and enjoy her in good health!

Yeah ! And the gauge cluster is the same too, also on the 2014 Jeep GC. When I was looking for the button to adjust the pedals and found it on the left side of the steering column, someone noted that it's the same as on the Ram too. Seems the parts bin is open to everyone at Chrysler, doesn't bother me as the result is fine in the Viper.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah ! And the gauge cluster is the same too, also on the 2014 Jeep GC. When I was looking for the button to adjust the pedals and found it on the left side of the steering column, someone noted that it's the same as on the Ram too. Seems the parts bin is open to everyone at Chrysler, doesn't bother me as the result is fine in the Viper.

Yep, just as most of the dash knobs and buttons in my '03 are the same as were in my '04 Ram. IMO, this is a GOOD things, as it means these parts should be available for many years to come, as they are used in so many different vehicles.

Claude, you 've waited a while for this car, go out and drive the s*%t out of it! Please post some more impressions when you get some seat time. By the way, I LOVE a white Viper. Mine is black, but that white is outstanding.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great. looks like you will not win on who will get their car last. vipernut and i are still waiting.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally! Congratulations! I felt like u me & venom v had some weird connection with the successive VIN's & the waiting.

Enjoy it!

OP
OP
S

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, just as most of the dash knobs and buttons in my '03 are the same as were in my '04 Ram. IMO, this is a GOOD things, as it means these parts should be available for many years to come, as they are used in so many different vehicles.

Claude, you 've waited a while for this car, go out and drive the s*%t out of it! Please post some more impressions when you get some seat time. By the way, I LOVE a white Viper. Mine is black, but that white is outstanding.

Thanks, I intend to drive it like I stole it ! Whenever someone gives me the Thumbs up, I have a tendency to say thanks by mashing the GO pedal for them.
My 08 was a black Vert, so the white coupe will be a nice change. The only thing I miss is that Gen 4 hood !

Attachments

• IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 46

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy for you :2tu: Saw Ralph's car in Mosport and it's gorgeous in white. When is the next event you'll attend with VCA Québec?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Claude! I'd tend to think those of you who waited longer, might even appreciate the cars more once you get them. The past really does disappear quickly behind the wheel of one of these cars.

Tony

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks outstanding in white.
Better hurry up, starts snowing next month doesn't it? :omg:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Claude! I'd tend to think those of you who waited longer, might even appreciate the cars more once you get them. The past really does disappear quickly behind the wheel of one of these cars.

Tony

Man I hope so. The taste in my mouth is pretty bad at this point. Good to read posts like this to keep perspective.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got THE call today, she's in !
Jumped in the Caddy and rushed to the Dealer, my heart stopped a little when I first saw her, sitting pretty, much better live than in the pics I've seen.
Checked her out for a while and was impressed by the quality feeling of the Sepia interior and all the nice flowing curves of the body. Then the Manager handed me the keys and said "She's yours, take her for a ride". First impression was the seats felt comfy for my 6' and 225 lbs, better than anticipated except the headliner is way too low and you have to bend over to see the traffic light. Pushed the Start button and was pleased by the exhaust sound a mellow purr just loud enough to bring a smile of approval by everybody on site. By comparaison my 08 (when stock) was way too quiet and rough sounding that I could not wait to get headers on. She sounds like a Gen 4 with the smoothing of the Mopar PCM and loudness of a catback.Took her for a spin and ** what a feeling ! I did only about 10 miles and loved everything about it. Every control seems so easy compared to the Gen IV, clutch is light with a long travel, shifter smooth and solid. Steering grip is nice and the car tracks straight, not hunting left and right by the concrete grooves, very easy to drive with one finger in traffic ( I always had a full hand on the steering in my 08). On the way back I was driving at about 50 in second when a yellow SS Camaro showed up by my side, so I floored it to about 85 and shifted to third before letting go, power is explosive right up there, but I have to say that my Gen 4 seemed more brutal by comparaison, probably by the lack of sophistication and more raucus going on, still it felt real good. Corsa tires were surprisingly quiet even with both windows down. Street setting in the suspension felt good and comfortable, race setting was not too harsh either, felt like my 08 with KW2 shocks set on firm, no worse.
Thats just my first impression of a very limited drive, but enough for me to take the 7 year warranty as I know she'll be mine for a long time !
Dealer will do the prep and I'll take delivery tomorrow after lunch. The wait is finally over, and I'm in love !

Oh hell yes, Claude!!! Congrats man! That's fantastic. Holy crap, they're making you wait until after lunch tomorrow? You should use your 6' frame and bust that bad boy out of jail. When mine rolls in, I will politely wait in the dealer showroom until it's ready. Closing time? Not until you give me my snake, LOL

OP
OP
S

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh hell yes, Claude!!! Congrats man! That's fantastic. Holy crap, they're making you wait until after lunch tomorrow? You should use your 6' frame and bust that bad boy out of jail. When mine rolls in, I will politely wait in the dealer showroom until it's ready. Closing time? Not until you give me my snake, LOL

NO, after lunch today, I should be driving her out of there in less than 2 hours.
They wont make any problem, they know I'm a 4th dan karate black belt.

NastyGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats!! Atleast you picked the fastest color :2tu:

The car looks totally different without the stripes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra