1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woohoo ! She's in

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by SilveRT8, Aug 12, 2013.

1. ViperGal

ViperGal Enthusiast

Congrats ... based on my experience i am confident you will feel the same as your first drive if not more excited in 7 years!

"Drive it like you stole it " ... and your being chased! ... on an off road course of course! LOL

She is a beaut!

2. FinalEd357

FinalEd357 Viper Owner

Awesome review, congrats! I really think they nailed it with that car. What a unique piece of history. Enjoy!
    !

3. ViperSmith

ViperSmith Enthusiast

I am a bit biased, but the white on the Gen V just looks unreal.

4. SilveRT8

SilveRT8 Enthusiast

Picked her up today at 2 pm. Got to drive her for about 60 miles under nice sunshine then got cought under moderate rain. She drives like a charm, everything feeling so easy. Got to listen to the 18 speakers radio a bit, it's Rapper's delight loud with plenty of thumping bass, but for me I shut it up and prefer to listen to the side pipes melody. I feel (for now) that the stock sound is just about right as is. Much louder than a stock 08 for sure and a bit more quiet than my 08 with Belanger HF cats and stock mufflers, more refined or quite a bit less truckish, new sound fits the car quite well. I took some roads where my 08 would follow the grooves left and right and this one tracks straight and true, a pleasant surprise. Engine also revs more freely than my Gen 4, cruising between 3 and 4000 rpm seems fine in this car where in my 08 it would feel a bit strained. Also the gearing change is welcome now that 5th and 6th gears are highway friendly and much more usable than the useless 6th gear in the Gen 4.
    The Dummies who prepared the car at the Dealer filled her up with 87 octane, so I had them put a full bottle of Lucas Octane boost before leaving the site, and I'll take it easy for that first tank. Two gripes : Adjustable pedals do not come close enough as I prefer to push my seat back and the clutch travel seems very long. Also I wish the seat would adjust lower, I looked for those two 1" stoppers that could be removed (Woodhouse trick) and either I did not see them on the back track or they're simply not there anymore ?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  5. ViperSmith

ViperSmith Enthusiast

You need to update your sig ;)

I find myself driving with the window down a lot and arm hanging out. The car is such a breeze to drive.

6. Policy Limits

Policy Limits Enthusiast

Red White and Yellow on the snake =win. not sure on the seat I fit fine. pm mark m from woodhouse.

after 1/2 year of all the bitchn we did, we just gotta see more pics bro!!

7. SilveRT8

SilveRT8 Enthusiast

8. kratedisease

kratedisease Enthusiast

beautiful interior. nice color combo. White is the new black... as in B-A-D

9. JonSav

JonSav Viper Owner

Looks awesome.. congrats

10. jsquared

jsquared Enthusiast

Congrats man! She looks amazing!

11. adamlotus

adamlotus Enthusiast

congrats on your new viper,enjoy the car in good health

12. SADVIPER

SADVIPER Enthusiast

what lunch? go break in now lol! congrats and enjoy :)

13. SilveRT8

SilveRT8 Enthusiast

Done about 200 miles so far, and on the second tank of gas, mostly doing short trips here and there, showing the car to a few friends.
    The verdict : They just love the new Viper ! It's Friends approved !

Attached Files:

14. VENOM V

VENOM V Enthusiast

Maurice always says that beautiful women and beautiful cars go tougher, LOL. Glad you are enjoying life to the fullest.

15. kratedisease

kratedisease Enthusiast

( your ) Canadian women friends are HOT !! you lucky dog... woof woof

16. SilveRT8

SilveRT8 Enthusiast

Got about 275 miles on the car now, and I think the break-in period was very brief as I cant keep my foot off the accelerator !