Wooooo hoooooo!!!!!! (first Viper!)

REMIX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hearin ya, man. I've been wanting a GTS for a while now and paying for my one car, my mortgage and doing an assload of improvements around my house + the nasty taxes I got hit with this year are keeping me from getting anywhere near a Viper. I'm EXTREMELY frustrated and the economy just flat out ***** right now. I like to keep a good cushion of cash around just in case...truthfully I could blow a big chunk of it and get my car tomorrow but that's how I behaved when I was 25. Being older and careful just blows. I don't like using credit AT ALL. Maybe by end of summer, but I'm not even counting on that right now.

A very frustrated
REMIX

Can I ask how everyone below 30 is affording their Vipers..especially even the newer ones post 2000? I see in the thread alot of new young owners and I want to be one of them. I was close to getting one last year but it was just too much for me to handle and save at the same time, I went with an NSX, but still want a Viper GTS soon...any suggestions?

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I ask how everyone below 30 is affording their Vipers..especially even the newer ones post 2000? I see in the thread alot of new young owners and I want to be one of them. I was close to getting one last year but it was just too much for me to handle and save at the same time, I went with an NSX, but still want a Viper GTS soon...any suggestions?

How can you afford an NSX, which cost more than a Viper, yet can't afford a Viper? I don't get that. There are some pieces missing to this puzzle. :)

You must be registered for see images

150shot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daffy- my NSX is an early year 94-I got mine for 40k loaded with bolt on mods a few years back. There was no way even these days I could get a GTS (I'm shooting for a 96-97)for that much. I could of did the same as remix, pull out a load of $$ and get it but I would of been broke and living check by check...
I see you are in So. Cal- me too, let me know if you have some time, maybe we can meet up...thanks

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,

I like eBay, I sell sports cards/memorabilia. That's how I did it and have been doing it since 1999. Some luck, some skills.

By the way...I would like to pass on to everyone that I am offically graduating from St. Louis University next Friday with my BA in Business Management. I already have a great job lined up, which is rare for college grad's in this market. I also purchased my first house (actually, condo/townhouse) in April. A lot of things happening in my life in these past few months, I would like to think I take after all the SUCCESSFUL Viper owners here on the site!

I STILL REFUSE TO GROW UP THOUGH!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daffy - my NSX is an early year 94-I got mine for 40k loaded with bolt on mods a few years back. There was no way even these days I could get a GTS (I'm shooting for a 96-97) for that much. I could of did the same as remix, pull out a load of $$ and get it but I would of been broke and living check by check...
I see you are in So. Cal - me too, let me know if you have some time, maybe we can meet up...thanks

Hey, Leonard.
Well that explains it. Makes perfect sense now. And smart not to get yourself in a situation where you're living check by check.
I'm in the Coachella Valley desert area, better recognized when referred to as the place Palm Springs is located. =) If you've never been, the Valley is made up of lots of small towns: Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, 1000 Palms, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, Meca, and I think I'm forgetting two other places. Heh-heh. Anyway, you get the idea. It feels like one big sprawling city, but in truth it is a lot of small towns. And quite a few of them are different. Palm Springs residence rarely go to Palm Desert, and Palm Desert residence rarely go to Palm Springs. It's funny, because they are only 15-20 minutes away from each other. Go figure. The dominant atmosphere of this valley is retirement community. It's slow paced. Lots of wealthy people throughout the valley. The wealthy areas are considered to be places like Indian Wells, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, and South Palm Springs. Okay, so enough about that. I'll send you a PM, and we can talk. Yes, I know, I should have just sent all this information via PM. *chuckle* Well, anyone who has never been to this valley now has some idea as to what it's all about. :) Oh, and did I say it's gorgeous? A bit of paradise on earth!!!

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can get an entry level Viper (93-94 rt w/20k+ miles) for as low as $30k...and thats 'asking price'

When you consider other cars...'daily' cars that everyone owns - Jeeps, Lexus', Cadillacs, hell a nice Chevy/Ford pickup costs more than 30k!

Granted, you cant usually finance a 93 model vehicle as long as you could a 03' model, therefore the payments will be much higher with a shorter loan period.

Me? Im freakin dying to get our 2nd Viper, but we just made a recent major vehicle purchase, I dont see another one happening within the next few months (especially a 'weekend' car like a Viper).

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
btw, adam96, I have never ever seen a black Viper that I truly adore till I seen yours just now.

Nice man, it looks like one ********* muscular pit-bull :)

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leonard, let me know if you did not get the PM I sent you today. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken