World Challenge race in Cleveland this Sunday

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SCCA World Challenge series resumes at the Grand Prox of Cleveland this Sunday. The GT race is at 4pm after the Champ Car race. Once again, over 1/3 of the GT cars are Vipers (Comp Coupes) along with one GTS, with 8 or so drivers being Viper Racing League (VRL) grads. ViperDays/VRL founder Skip Thomas will be joining me to watch the race. Tommy Archer will have a good car, but Caddy and Chevy will be tough too. Hope to see Sonny Whelen crack the top 10 too.

Anybody else planning to attend?

Rich

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't attend the race because of an injury, but was at a shop and helped (in a very minor way) to get 2 comp coupes ready for Sunday. Man do they sound good.

Safe race to everyone, especially the V10s. (hope nobody is planning on running Michelins !) oooops, wrong thread.

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rich! wish I could make it but its our anniversary...27 years. Makes me sound old?!? Enjoy the day and I'll catch it on Speed Channel next week.
I agree, hope Tommy and the rest of the CC drivers have a good day. I'll also be rooting for Sonny and hope he finishes strong for his Rookie of the Year bid.

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd - that's too funny about the tires... The race promoters realize what a black eye that F1 deal was road racing and are offering FREE admittance to anyone with a ticket from Indy last Sunday.

Ed - sorry we'll miss you, but hopefully I'll see you at Putnam!

Rich