Worst ticket in a Viper

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, TOOOFST made me curious,as his ticket is pretty brutal.

1)What's the worst speeding ticket you ever got in your Viper?
How fast? Did insurance cost go nuts?

2)Best story for getting "let go" when you were nailed dead to rights?

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will let you know when it happens
You must be registered for see images
.....besides I am sure you will be behind me

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pulled over a couple years ago for going a little too fast. Sneaky cop was hiding real good and was just waiting for someone (actually waiting for me!)to come flying by before he snapped on his radar! Anyway, after he was done questioning me about my age(27 at the time), and how I was able to have this type of car! He thought I was some big trouble-maker, and then when I gave him my registration it was the wrong one, it was to my '97 C5, he was really on me then! He asked if I had any drugs in the vehicle, and I allowed him to go through my car! He then threatens me with towing my car, taking my license, etc...
Then he just starts laughing and tells me that he knew that I drive on this road at this time 4-5 days a week(it's the way to the GYM), and was he waiting for me because he wanted to see my car! He knows I am not a idiot etc.. And the Viper GTS is his favorite car, but he hadn't really seen one before up close! He tells me that he won't give me any tickets as long as I show him how mean my car really is!! He also tells me not to worry about speeding around there because he wouldn't give me a ticket! I think he is setting me up or something! But then he tells me that he wants me to take off, as he put it, "Balls to the wall", and don't hold back at all! Sure enough he goes back in his car and I look at him in my mirror and he gives me the thumbs up!! Off I went, I hit it hard through 4 gears. Of course, I gave it a little tire spin for effect!! But I went up to 150 mph or so(this is on US 30 in Indiana). He catches back up shortly afterwards and is screaming out his window how much he loved it! If you could have only seen his face!! I have seen him many times since then, I always wave and he usually shakes his head with a big smile and gives me the thumbs up!
This is an officer I want to stay friends with!!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey mark,I think i'll get a part time job at the clerks office!I might even volunteer,YEAH!THAT'S THE TICKET

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My old plates read "SO SLOO". I was going south on 280 in Northern California, coming back from a meeting in Petaluma. I had one of my Engineers from work in my car, and we were going 90-ish. Suddenly I see lights in my rear view. It was a CHP SUV. I pull over, and the officer asks for my license and registration. He then says "you weren't living up to your license plate". I said "The SO is short for SORTA". He laughed, and said "keep it under 85". We drive away, me with a big grin on my face, and the Engineer was slack jawed. I think about getting those plates back, but Ben Treynor lives in the area and has SOO SLOW, and his car is WAYYYYY faster than mine. My new plates say XS TORQ. I don't see those helping me get out of a ticket....

PS: Seems like I get pulled over in the Suburban much more often than the Viper....

OP
OP
H

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, great stories. Almost like Penthouse Forum (I hear, not from personal experience), hard to believe till it happens to you.

Keep em' coming, this is good.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got tossed in jail twice in Georgia within an hour of each. It's a long story but to sum it up, the state of Florida fouled up my insurance paperwork and issued a "non-judgement" suspended license, without notifing me. I had no reason to believe I might have had a suspended license. In fact, I had received new tags AFTER the state had suspended my license. I didn't put up a fight and wasn't even handcuffed. I was no threat to society. I was originally stopped for 84 in a 65. No traffic, clear, dry conditions.

Government...I better stop.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan, you never hold a grudge do you? Geezz. Guys, here's what you do when you can't talk your way out of the ticket. This has worked for me twice. When the cop hands you the ticket for you to sign, start arguing with them, put up a fuss and get the cop flustered. Then, pretend to sign the ticket right in front of his face. They'll tear you a copy and be glad to walk away from you after you gave him a lot of *hit. When you go to court, tell the judge you never signed the ticket.... DISMISSED. Woo Hoo!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve!!

If any of your story is true, It would make for story of the year in any car magazine. That is the funniest and most hysterical story I've ever heard. Thanx for the Laff, I'm sure that the Roselle PD is definately onto you.

JGK95

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan M 98 GTS NY:
As that will be the last time my family, relatives and myself ever spend a penny in your $hit hole town.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good call Alan. I do the same thing. Unfortunately I am forced to go through Georgia anytime I go up north. So I make sure to fill up just before I cross into Georgia and drive as far as I can. I've even passed up some Georgia events because of the cops in Tifton and Tift county. Spending our money elsewhere is the only way to fight back. Maybe the local businesses will put some pressure on the local authorities.

Reaction score
This one was not in a Viper but was in my SS/T Ram. Try 98 in a 30. It was a $608.00 ticket to boot. I thought my wife was going to kill me.