Would you trade your Viper and cash for a Ford GT?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie
Well Ted, when the 400 hp Viper came out in 92 there was already a 405hp ZR1 Corvette!

But I will agree with you on the GT! The GT is Ford junk, ugly, slow, low tech , and couldn't hold a candle to worlds most beautiful, fastest and well built car, the Dodge Viper! How anyone could compare an all aluminum frame, aluminum body, double overhead cam engined GT to a solid built iron frame, strong fiberglass car with a reliable ohv 10 cylinder Dodge Viper is beyond belief IMO! And that bulky Mcintosh stereo in the GT taking up all that space with its big sub woofer, who needs concert hall quality stereo, when you have that reliable Dodge Caravan stereo in your Viper? Hell just turn off the stereo and listen to that beautiful exhaust note in the Viper, nothing quite like it, Ferrari eat your heart out!
Hell I'm with Ted, once they built the Viper they might as well crushed all the other sports cars as they are all just poser junk! Now that I found out my ACR really has 640 hp and not 600 I think I am going to take it out for a ride!
Jamie the crazy thing is TEDS NEVER owned ,driven or had any personal first hand experiance with either a Gen 4 or a FGT (the closest of either is probably hundreds of miles away from him )

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry while I like your car those have to be the ugliest wheels I've ever seen on a sports car.

tell us what you really think :lmao:. I'll be honest, I had to look at that picture for a minute or two, to believe it. are they spinners?

Ok, back on topic. I do not own a FGT, but have driven one. Jamie hit the nail on the head. The car is the "Total Package". The viper goes fast, no doubt about it. But when you throw interior, drive quality,etc into the mix. It's not a comparison.. I would compare the ZR1 is a closer match, to the FGT. Which IS an amazing car. And is more closely matched to the FGT, price wise.

Its tough to say, "would you trade for this car + cash.... The answer is yes or no, simply depending on the equity swap..

I would trade a 2008 Viper, for a 1989 Ford Tempo, if someone was giving me enough cash, in addition to the car. And I would NOT trade a 2008 Viper for a FGT, if someone wanted $125k+ the Viper.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer the OP, no I would not! Who wants a ford? :lmao:

However, if it was not for the original owner of my car wanting a Heritage Edition GT, I would not own the car I do. :(

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that suggests a Ford Gt is crap is speaking out of their ass! All three American muscle cars (viper, corvette, and gt) are great cars. You will find owners of all three that have had bad experiences with them and will never buy another one again, but overall they are great automobiles. I even remember Jason Hefner stating in a video or article that "Ford really did their homework with the gt". He was commenting on how well built and engineered the car was. That says a lot about it for someone like him to say that.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trade up. The gen3's will be around for a long time with a low value. Gen4's will be worth a bit more but I think you'll be able to replace it for 25-45K for years to come.
The GT will become hard to find for less than 125k. In a few years the GT will be 150-175k and up.
When and if you want to replace the Viper, buy a Gen4 ACR or a Gen2 GTS.

But, what do I know?
I have come to realize there are several cars I have had that I wish I would have kept.
Change is good, most of the time.

jmo

Dan

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that suggests a Ford Gt is crap is speaking out of their ass! All three American muscle cars (viper, corvette, and gt) are great cars. You will find owners of all three that have had bad experiences with them and will never buy another one again, but overall they are great automobiles. I even remember Jason Hefner stating in a video or article that "Ford really did their homework with the gt". He was commenting on how well built and engineered the car was. That says a lot about it for someone like him to say that.
GREAT POST .

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found that I don't need to drive a smart car to know it's not for me, duh.

BadGT you write like driving a Gen4 will change my world. Sorry, but although I'd prefer a coupe to a Ford GT, they're still slower and not as nice looking as mine. They have less hp and don't sound as good. Whether they (and FGTs) are next door or next country also makes no sense - who cares?

I have friends that own every Viper built and I have friends that build Vipers, like I do.

Your opinion on high hp and internal engine parts is noted. It is also noted that you don't understand what compression is all about, as well as other internal engine functions.

I don't need to drive a 9mph 300hp Ferrari that costs over $1 per mile for a tunenup to now that I consider it a bad driver. Parking in the garage next to a Ford GT would be OK though. I actually own a Viper - did you buy one and join the VCA or are you still just an enthusiast?

nuff said. Go to the Ford GT forums you obviously don't belong on the world's fastest road car forums.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found that I don't need to drive a smart car to know it's not for me, duh.

BadGT you write like driving a Gen4 will change my world. Sorry, but although I'd prefer a coupe to a Ford GT, they're still slower and not as nice looking as mine. They have less hp and don't sound as good. Whether they (and FGTs) are next door or next country also makes no sense - who cares?

I have friends that own every Viper built and I have friends that build Vipers, like I do.

Your opinion on high hp and internal engine parts is noted. It is also noted that you don't understand what compression is all about, as well as other internal engine functions.

I don't need to drive a 9mph 300hp Ferrari that costs over $1 per mile for a tunenup to now that I consider it a bad driver. Parking in the garage next to a Ford GT would be OK though. I actually own a Viper - did you buy one and join the VCA or are you still just an enthusiast?

nuff said. Go to the Ford GT forums you obviously don't belong on the world's fastest road car forums.
Ted besides the obvious the difference betwen your GEN 2 with a bolt on blower application and that of a FGT is this .I can hand that FGT to a professional driver in ANY weather and let him beat the snot out of the car ALL DAY long and it will survive YOU CAN NOT DUE THAT WITH YOUR SET UP thet was engineered on a LIMITED BUDGET (You MAY think you drive it hard -YOU DONT )You make comments on Vipers AND EVERY OTHER CAR YET you have NEVER OWNED or DRIVEN ANY with modern technology.My first hand experiance with Vipers goes back to 1993 (I have owned every Gen )while you just came on board a few years ago

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All your personal attacks on my intelligence aside I've been build Vette beaters since the 70s. Some of the BB Chevs were actually competition for my Street 440 dodges. I built chassis and race engines etc. for 10 years professoinally and all my life as an obbession.

Since 1992 all my cars (including the 4 cyl) beat vipers. vettes had to buy an ENGINE from MERCURY MARINE to compete with the Viper so they con't count. That'd be like the new ZR1 coming out with a Viper ACR X engine (vettes and probably FGTs already use the Viper designed trans).

My 750 hp 440 Duster could clean up on Ford GTs as well as all stock Vipers. I like to go fast, not into slugs like you Viper Haters.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All your personal attacks on my intelligence aside I've been build Vette beaters since the 70s. Some of the BB Chevs were actually competition for my Street 440 dodges. I built chassis and race engines etc. for 10 years professoinally and all my life as an obbession.

Since 1992 all my cars (including the 4 cyl) beat vipers. vettes had to buy an ENGINE from MERCURY MARINE to compete with the Viper so they con't count. That'd be like the new ZR1 coming out with a Viper ACR X engine (vettes and probably FGTs already use the Viper designed trans).

My 750 hp 440 Duster could clean up on Ford GTs as well as all stock Vipers. I like to go fast, not into slugs like you Viper Haters.
Ted i would LOVE to see your 750 hp DUSTER AGAINST A FGT .The question is WILL YOU MAN UP AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH is in a contest as iam prepared to do.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MAN UP? Sure, bring YOUR ficticous low 10sec FGT up here and I'll spank that with my Duster, then the Viper. I'm waiting. Say we'll do it on July 4th weekend? ... Chicken! I can't think of anyone that would let you drive their car - I wouldn't, even though on a previous thread you offered to let me drive someone elses Gen 4 Viper against a Z06 in a race that YOU would arrange - for money. :rolleyes:

I get tired of writing to you and always seem to need to click ignore on your threads because you argue thinks like, "You've never driven a Gen 4 and live away from the city so can't know anything about connecting rods"

Here's my Duster lauching in 2nd gear with a 3 spd auto and highway gears. No nitrous. The only part of the car I didn't do myself was the engine machine work.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZ5bo5RY2U[/media]

Ignore list.

Ted

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not trade for the GT. The Viper is the top of the pinnacle for me. It has always been the ultimate car and what I have always wanted. It doesn't get any better than this.

I'm keeping it. :D

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MAN UP? Sure, bring YOUR ficticous low 10sec FGT up here and I'll spank that with my Duster, then the Viper. I'm waiting. Say we'll do it on July 4th weekend? ... Chicken! I can't think of anyone that would let you drive their car - I wouldn't, even though on a previous thread you offered to let me drive someone elses Gen 4 Viper against a Z06 in a race that YOU would arrange - for money. :rolleyes:

I get tired of writing to you and always seem to need to click ignore on your threads because you argue thinks like, "You've never driven a Gen 4 and live away from the city so can't know anything about connecting rods"

Here's my Duster lauching in 2nd gear with a 3 spd auto and highway gears. No nitrous. The only part of the car I didn't do myself was the engine machine work.

Ignore list.

Ted
TED please come into the MODERN AGE ,you have to do better than a DUSTER (440 )OF ALL THINGS

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how your non VCA joining 2540 posting argumentative *** doesn't get kicked off the boards here you shiit on every thread that mentions non Viper cars.

Oh that's right, ten years ago you were a member.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ignore list.

Ted

Ted I think we have found something we can agree on, I think your Duster sounds damn good!, lays nice stripes and looks pretty damn good too!

tennis tom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the FGT is one of the sexiest best looking cars ever built and is a great deal price wise--but, I am a convertible guy, so I would not buy one. Though, I would like to possess a continuation Shelby Cobra before I die.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how your non VCA joining 2540 posting argumentative *** doesn't get kicked off the boards here you shiit on every thread that mentions non Viper cars.

Oh that's right, ten years ago you were a member.
I was racing Vipers before YOU even knew what they were and that fact is easily proven .Another fact thats easily proven is your a talker WHO never SHOWN UP AT A VCA EVENT IN YOUR LIFE.(IF YOU HAVE LIST EXACTLY WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR THE CLUB BECAUSE IAM NOT AM ACTIVE MEMBER NOW DOES NOT CHANGE THE PAST )

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does that have to do with this thread ,Very few (hardly any )are EVER going to take any of these cars out on a road track .

You claim the FGT can survive a snot beating all day with a pro driver. Show me...
24 hours of LeMans
24 hours of Daytona
12 hours of Sebring

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You claim the FGT can survive a snot beating all day with a pro driver. Show me...
24 hours of LeMans
24 hours of Daytona
12 hours of Sebring
Your kidding right as i was there (personally )when John Coletti and a crew of his engineers had Evan Smith BEAT THE HOLY HELL out of that car (PROTOTYPE )FOR DAYS AT Englishtown (DRAG TESTING ,ROAD TRACK ect )in conditions that were purposily designed to break the car .

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your kidding right as i was there (personally )when John Coletti and a crew of his engineers had Evan Smith BEAT THE HOLY HELL out of that car (PROTOTYPE )FOR DAYS AT Englishtown (DRAG TESTING ,ROAD TRACK ect )in conditions that were purposily designed to break the car .

LOL Yeah. I'm kidding. Everybody knows a 24 hour endurance race is no match for a few laps of Sir Evan.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Yeah. I'm kidding. Everybody knows a 24 hour endurance race is no match for a few laps of Sir Evan.
I dont think you quite understand as its a few days ,not laps .Ford had to WARRANTY those cars it was Smiths job to find the cars BREAKING POINTS .He is NOW serving in the same capacity with the new Cobra as Ford flies him in .These tests are conducted with budgets FAR ABOVE ANYTHING the public could comprehend(on the days i was there SVT staffers ,engineers everywhere ,trailers full of spare parts ect )as the cars are hooked up to computers to moniter everything .

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this... Probably altready posted...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA6n17AGpW8[/media]

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahktuleeba ! You need to be Schwarzeneger to press the clutch...

It might be faster but I wudn't tred my lieterhosen for da Vipa...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That video settles it once and for all.

Clearly, the GT is a girls car and the Viper is a real mans car. :lmao:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62