Would you trade your Viper and cash for a Ford GT?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted i would LOVE to see your 750 hp DUSTER AGAINST A FGT .The question is WILL YOU MAN UP AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH is in a contest as iam prepared to do.

Now this is interesting. Seems I remember I gave a similar proposal to you only a few months back about racing our Gen IVs together and you didn't "man up"............... :rolleyes:

That being said...........................:D

The Ford GT is one fo the best cars out there, period. I know Ted is very passionate about the Viper, but the GT is one badasss car! I will own one and hopefully it will be sooner, rather than later.:2tu:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now this is interesting. Seems I remember I gave a similar proposal to you only a few months back about racing our Gen IVs together and you didn't "man up"............... :rolleyes:

That being said...........................:D

The Ford GT is one fo the best cars out there, period. I know Ted is very passionate about the Viper, but the GT is one badasss car! I will own one and hopefully it will be sooner, rather than later.:2tu:
But would it (FGT )have a prayer against a 75 Duster .As far as are race once again I have probably one of the top drag racing facilitys in the WORLD 10 miles from my home and you wanted me to race you where.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think you quite understand as its a few days ,not laps .Ford had to WARRANTY those cars it was Smiths job to find the cars BREAKING POINTS .He is NOW serving in the same capacity with the new Cobra as Ford flies him in .These tests are conducted with budgets FAR ABOVE ANYTHING the public could comprehend(on the days i was there SVT staffers ,engineers everywhere ,trailers full of spare parts ect )as the cars are hooked up to computers to moniter everything .

:rolleyes: Whatever. As far as I'm concerned the FGT (as wonderful of car as it was) never had a race program behind it and the Viper does. And if a manufacturer is gonna build a sports car they need to have a race program to go along with it.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Whatever. As far as I'm concerned the FGT (as wonderful of car as it was) never had a race program behind it and the Viper does. And if a manufacturer is gonna build a sports car they need to have a race program to go along with it.
Chuck i understand what your saying my entire point was a person in this thread was TRYING to compare his car with a bolt on supercharger application (done with an EXTREMELY LIMITED BUDGET )to that of a Ford GT LOL which is like comparing Wendys with Peter Lugars saying they both serve meat .

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ford GT40 ranks #3 as the car I would most love to own, but no, I would not trade my Viper for one because the Viper ranks #2. However my Christmas wish list to the wife and kids this year listed only 1 item, available near by in my color and size, and it would look so sweet parked next to Vibora.

picture.php

Never mind what my wife said about the Christmas wish list . . .

Last edited:

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ford GT40 ranks #3 as the car I would most love to own, but no, I would not trade my Viper for one because the Viper ranks #2. However my Christmas wish list to the wife and kids this year listed only 1 item, available near by in my color and size, and it would look so sweet parked next to Vibora.

picture.php

Never mind what my wife said about the Christmas wish list . . .

WOW look at the ugly wheels!

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While I won't say the GT has the same race heritage the Viper has, it's unfair to say the GT has none...

MATECH Concepts & Matech Racing - Ford GT GT3, Ford Mustang FR500 GT3 - Geneve - Suisse - Geneva

http://www.matech-concepts.ch/media/communique/2009/091025_zolder_report_gb.pdf

Matech

:: ROBERTSON RACING ::

Pretty strong showing for privateers without Ford's backing.

For what it's worth, I have the pleasure of owning both (including an 08 that's now gone...). For a flat out racecar, maybe the Viper is the better platform. For everything else, give I'd pick the GT...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I won't say the GT has the same race heritage the Viper has, it's unfair to say the GT has none...

MATECH Concepts & Matech Racing - Ford GT GT3, Ford Mustang FR500 GT3 - Geneve - Suisse - Geneva

Matech

For what it's worth, I have the pleasure of owning both (including an 08 that's now gone...). For a flat out racecar, maybe the Viper is the better platform. For everything else, give I'd pick the GT...
Very good points ,as i previously mentioned VERY VERY few (hardly any )buyers are going to take ANY 100K car out on a road track and have it destroyed .Market Resaearch reveals buyers of these super cars are FAR more interested in acceleration ,braking ect than a cars road course perf anyway.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe;

Great to hear you were able to finally sell the 08'. BTW Have Happy Holidays.

Rick
Thank You the same to you my friend .Ps I miss my car ,not the payment.Hopefully soon i will talk Joe Houss into selling me his car.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good points ,as i previously mentioned VERY VERY few (hardly any )buyers are going to take ANY 100K car out on a road track and have it destroyed .

Are you serious? For the past ten years I've regularly seen dozens of Ferraris and Porsches and even Lambos tracking Sebring, Homestead and Moroso. I've even seen those ugly Bugattis doing laps and yes, even an occasional FGT. How often do you even go to a road track?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you serious? For the past ten years I've regularly seen dozens of Ferraris and Porsches and even Lambos tracking Sebring, Homestead and Moroso. I've even seen those ugly Bugattis doing laps and yes, even an occasional FGT. How often do you even go to a road track?
From a statistical stand DOZENS EQUATE to very few.Out of all the SUPERCARS sold in this country a ton more people take them to the drag strip over the road courses and thats a fact.(much safer and easyier on the car .)As far as sales marketing goes acceleration and braking are more important traits to the average consumer of a super car than road track performance another fact .

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Matech

Yes I know about both those privateers and even met the owner of Robertson. Both teams should be commended for their efforts, I certainly admire them. But it is still a pretty dismal list to apply the word heritage to it.

Nonetheless I obviously meant a manufacturer's backing in some way, shape or form as I alluded to in my second sentence.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a statistical stand DOZENS EQUATE to very few.Out of all the SUPERCARS sold in this country a ton more people take them to the drag strip over the road courses and thats a fact.(much safer and easyier on the car .)As far as sales marketing goes acceleration and braking are more important traits to the average consumer of a super car than road track performance another fact .

Right. I've seen dozens. Only me and only in Florida and only the times I go to the track are there ever any Ferraris or Porsches there. It's not like anyone in California or Texas or anywhere else would have seen Ferraris and Porsches tracking. No. And it's not like there's a Ferrari Challenge Series nearly identical to the Viper Days format or any PBOC events. Nope. Only the 10 times a year that I make it to the track do any 100K cars come out. The rest of the time they all stay in their garages all over the country.

You and I are on two very different planets. I am going to stop corresponding with you now.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question if your Ford how do you back a car you know your only going to produce for 2 years .(Coletti knew in 03 that the car was not going to be able to pass the 07 rear end crash test )The company was more than content to have its 2 year run with the car and judging for what the units were and still are going for (i personally know of 2 guys that paid twice sticker )they did pretty well.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right. I've seen dozens. Only me and only in Florida and only the times I go to the track are there ever any Ferraris or Porsches there. It's not like anyone in California or Texas or anywhere else would have seen Ferraris and Porsches tracking. No. And it's not like there's a Ferrari Challenge Series nearly identical to the Viper Days format or any PBOC events. Nope. Only the 10 times a year that I make it to the track do any 100K cars come out. The rest of the time they all stay in their garages all over the country.

You and I are on two very different planets. I am going to stop corresponding with you now.
Chuck iam not making these statements off the cuff lets say i have a little insight here .

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have to agree. Everytime I go to Sebring there's lots of exotics on the track. I have personally taken my Lambo there. Here's a pic I had at Sebring with a Ford GT, Ferrari F430 and a Porsche GT3.
You must be registered for see images

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree. Everytime I go to Sebring there's lots of exotics on the track. I have personally taken my Lambo there. Here's a pic I had at Sebring with a Ford GT, Ferrari F430 and a Porsche GT3.
You must be registered for see images
Guys the auto companys just dont produce cars- extremely detailed uses probability studys are done (encompassed in these studys are what the average consumer values in a supercar ).The last time i checked i think the figure was around 2%of ALL the owners of high end supercars ever taking them to a roadcourse.From a statiostical stanpoint its not even close.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys the auto companys just dont produce cars- extremely detailed uses probability studys are done (encompassed in these studys are what the average consumer values in a supercar ).The last time i checked i think the figure was around 2%of ALL the owners of high end supercars ever taking them to a roadcourse.From a statiostical stanpoint its not even close.

I was talking actual counts and you switch to percentages. Do you know the difference?

If not, don't reply. If do, don't reply either.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking actual counts and you switch to percentages. Do you know the difference?

If not, don't reply. If do, don't reply either.
I know the differences and i standby my statement 2% THATS IT .Should you wish to lets say wager on this the results are easily proven as one of my best friends happens to be the editor of the largest dedicated Ford Mag in the country .They predicate their tests upon WHAT THE HI PERF PUBLIC wants to read about(and are DIRECTLY IN TOUCH WITH FORD MARKETING) ROADRACING isnot high on the topic list .VERY VERY few owners are going to take a 100GRAND car to a roadcoarse and TAKE THE CHANCE OF destroying it .

Quicksilver

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not a chance - wrong name on the front of that car..... and wouldn't want to worry about parts falling off that Ford........................

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish the guys who always seem to argue would just take a break and relax. $hit gets old.

Back on subject, I'd have a hard time getting rid of my Viper to get a Ford GT. I love both cars, and would rather figure out how to own both cars at the same time. I remember trying to figure out how to own a Firebird and a Camaro at the same time, that was 10 yrs ago.

Ford GT is definitely on my to-do list of cars to buy.

Tony

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the FGT prices are likely to fluctuate, upwards, where the Viper is likely to stay put.
It might be in your best interest to go FGT now & pick up another Viper when possible. . . or sell one of your other cars and keep the V.

Nick