Wow! 4 of 7 on sale now

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real question here should be why are YOU looking around Bob? Didn't you just buy the car of your dreams oh restless one:rolaugh:

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think so. :D I finally got my window sticker with my name on it for the '08 so I don't plan on getting rid of that car anytime soon. The only new car I would be getting is a daily driver. After spinning out on monday on the way to work something with 4wd would come in handy.
Ah, the old FRIEND of mine is looking around story. Does your wife really believe that old line:rolaugh:

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one for sale a couple miles from my house @ Bergstrom Imports, pretty 'beat up' imo. Lots of scratches and dings. Even if it was mint I still wouldn't buy it though...gold....eeewww.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real question here should be why are YOU looking around Bob? Didn't you just buy the car of your dreams oh restless one:rolaugh:

I damn near fell out of my chair laughing at that. I've lost track of how many times I've used that line before!

As we speak I'm either buying a new 2009 or a 2010. I have a 2010 on order but I'm not liking the new wider stripes. Either way, I'm going to end up with a Gen IV car in the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile I've been inquiring for 'a friend of mine' about a nice 96/96 B/W. Yeah right!

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You WILL love the GEN IV. I know I do. Can't wait to fire it up for the driving season ahead. Plan on taking it to the track this year!! WOO!!!!
I damn near fell out of my chair laughing at that. I've lost track of how many times I've used that line before!

As we speak I'm either buying a new 2009 or a 2010. I have a 2010 on order but I'm not liking the new wider stripes. Either way, I'm going to end up with a Gen IV car in the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile I've been inquiring for 'a friend of mine' about a nice 96/96 B/W. Yeah right!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only new car I would be getting is a daily driver. After spinning out on monday on the way to work something with 4wd would come in handy.

Have you ever looked into Audi?? We have had a few A8's over the years and now have an A4 as well for our daughter. Nice little get-around with Quattro AWD. And when the road is clear the 2liter turbo has 260ftlbs of torque which feels pretty quick in a little car. If you do look at an A4, make sure you look at an 2009 or 2010 as the previous cars only had 210ftlbs or so which is a big difference on a car this size.

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad always wanted an A4. Nice little cars.
Have you ever looked into Audi?? We have had a few A8's over the years and now have an A4 as well for our daughter. Nice little get-around with Quattro AWD. And when the road is clear the 2liter turbo has 260ftlbs of torque which feels pretty quick in a little car. If you do look at an A4, make sure you look at an 2009 or 2010 as the previous cars only had 210ftlbs or so which is a big difference on a car this size.

SHELBYVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was looking around and there are 4 of the 7 gold package '97 GTS' for sale right now.
Bob,
If I recall the real gold package option offered in 97 came with the tan interiors and exterior id emblems along with the gold wheels. This option was available on the RT/10 only. I know of 1 of 3 real gold package cars and it is in a private collection not being offered for sale. The 97 GTS cars being advertised as gold package cars just have the optional gold wheels and nothing else. I think if one of the 3 RT/10 real gold package cars came up for sale they would bring some serious $.:usa:

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Frank,

The gold package GTS cars only had the wheels and emblems, no interior color. The RT/10's did have the tan seats along with the emblems and wheels. I have a copy of the dodge flyer showing this but it's on another computer so I can't get to it right now. Has anybody ever seen the yellow package GTS. I know of only one..
Bob,
If I recall the real gold package option offered in 97 came with the tan interiors and exterior id emblems along with the gold wheels. This option was available on the RT/10 only. I know of 1 of 3 real gold package cars and it is in a private collection not being offered for sale. The 97 GTS cars being advertised as gold package cars just have the optional gold wheels and nothing else. I think if one of the 3 RT/10 real gold package cars came up for sale they would bring some serious $.:usa:

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gold package was an option on the '97 GTS and RT/10. Very few were ordered. They came with gold 5 spoke rims and different badging on the side of the hood. The rt's came with tan seats in addition to the wheels and emblems. Don't let the video fool you. This is a '97 rt/10 with the gold package

YouTube - MT 1998: Dodge Viper RT/10 Road Test
What exactly is the gold package. Never heard of it.

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"97 GTS Gold package

CIMG0311.JPG

CIMG0312.JPG

CIMG03131.JPG