wow another effing noise

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i get my car back from DLM, it was there for service. Oil, Tranny fluid, and they greased/looked at a whole list of stuff.

Well i finally get a chance last night to take it out to go for a spin around the beach, and I start hearing a noise in first gear. I shift it into first... roll to about 10-15mph and i hear a thump at times, kindof like if i were running over something or like the tranny locking up. It dosn't always do it, every now and then. Im going to ride it a bit more, see if i keep hearing it, if not its off to service again.

Im kindof getting tired of all the little noises here and there im getting fromt he viper. This car has always been my dream car but wow, its unbeleivable the amount of noises that can come from such an expensive 2006 car.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so your car was holding me up...lol

did ya call doug and see what he says about it ?

did you look under the car ?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i get my car back from DLM, it was there for service. Oil, Tranny fluid, and they greased/looked at a whole list of stuff.

Well i finally get a chance last night to take it out to go for a spin around the beach, and I start hearing a noise in first gear. I shift it into first... roll to about 10-15mph and i hear a thump at times, kindof like if i were running over something or like the tranny locking up. It dosn't always do it, every now and then. Im going to ride it a bit more, see if i keep hearing it, if not its off to service again.

Im kindof getting tired of all the little noises here and there im getting fromt he viper. This car has always been my dream car but wow, its unbeleivable the amount of noises that can come from such an expensive 2006 car.
did you buy it new?

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought it used, but when i bought it, it had no noises, no problems.

As far as DLM...F*** Doug, everytime I go there that guy wants money just to talk to you. Im never taking my car to that guy again. If you dont walk in with $10,000 cash in your pocket he dosn't care for doing business with you.

He installed my springs for me, I started hearing a weird noise coming from the rear, I called doug and told him about the problem and he told me to "bring the car on by". Well I drop the car off, go back to pick it up 2 days later to see if he found the problem and he trys charging me $250 for taking a look at it. He starts telling me that because I didn't buy the springs from him, and I only paid him to install it, even if the install was a F***-Up that he wasn't going to warantee it. Not only that, but he told me he "greased my axles and torqued my wheels" (without advising me prior to doing that), and because of that he charged me for 2 hours of his shop's time.

Im going to see if i go drop it off at Mark over at university dodge on monday.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He starts telling me that because I didn't buy the springs from him, and I only paid him to install it, even if the install was a F***-Up that he wasn't going to warantee it. Not only that, but he told me he "greased my axles and torqued my wheels" (without advising me prior to doing that), and because of that he charged me for 2 hours of his shop's time.

Im going to see if i go drop it off at Mark over at university dodge on monday.

Uh.. question: how on earth is an installer going to warantee parts that were not bought from said installer? Makes perfect sense to me :smirk:

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh.. question: how on earth is an installer going to warantee parts that were not bought from said installer? Makes perfect sense to me :smirk:

I took him a brand new SEALED box of springs because he kept stalling on ordering them for me. I understand if the actuall springs broke. But if i pay you to INSTALL my springs, and i hear noises that sounds like the spring is loose/not properlly installed, and ask you to take a look at it for me, and you tell me no because i didn't buy the springs from you, how is that reasonable?

I never expected him to cover the parts, i expected him to cover the install though.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
absolutely NOT my experience with doug.... couldn't be more opposite.

he was helping me over the phone 2 years before i ever met him. and i bought a used DLM kit. he has my car right now and the bill was exactly what it should have been for th work he did. actually he did a lot of stuff to mine he never charged me for.... :)

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably cause you droppped a lot of money with him.

I never did any major work to my car with him. And i trusted him with my car, i just got pretty offended when he told me "everytime your car comes to my shop i barely make a profit off of it". He said it in a way like, if im not letting him shaft me he dosn't care for seeing my car.

unfortunately im not one of him millionaire customers, if i was id drop my car off with him and let him do whatever he wants. But on these tought times I dont have the money to be getting shafted.

I had dropped off my car oil change, tranny fluid change, and to check the springs because there was a noise coming that sounded like the springs were loose. He told me $125 for the oil, $180 for the tranny fluid, $325 total. When I went to go pick up my car I had a bill of $530 waiting for me?. When I asked him about it he told me he wasn't going to take a look at the noises coming from the springs for free because I didn't purchase the springs from him, I only paid him to instsall them.

Dougs a good guy, and does good work if you have the money to drop. A non gazillionaire like me is obviously not welcomed there though.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im willing to bet i have less than you do....dont assume i got anything. doug was helping me over the phone for 2 plus years BEFORE i ever met him or gave him one cent. my bill with him last year was MORE THAN FAIR for the work he did. as a matter of fact, i was planning on a higher bill last year and his price was 2k less....again MORE THAN FAIR.

this time (he's finishing it up as we speak i hope) my bill is 10% of what i spent last time and he again went above and beyond. he's saved me tons of cash but he DOES need to make something on me and im sure he does. he NEEDS to be paid for work he does.

how can you expect a guy who didnt sell you parts to warranty them ? he should and im willing to bet he will warranty his WORK but expecting the parts is ridiculous.....

i hop he see's this thread and tells his side of the story and im sure its VERY different than yours.

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I NEVER expected him to warranty the parts, I expected him to warranty my install. And he refused to warranty my install because I didn't buy the parts from him. I heard a noise coming from the springs, he told me to bring the car by. I assumed that ment he was going to warranty my install and take a look at the springs to see if they messed up somewhere while installing it. That wasn't the case, he never told me he was going to charge me to "take a look at it". When I went to go pick up my car there was an extra $200 on my bill for him to take a look at the work his shop did. Your going to honestly tell me doug should recharge me to take a look at an install his shop messed up on?

I understand the shop needs to make it's profit and doug needs to buy a forth lamborghini murcielago to add to his collection, but if a shop agrees on installing a part, it shouldn't expect to make double the profit and charge me twice for the install because the first time his shop messed it up.

Last edited:

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He did not need to warranty the springs either way if they did not get replaced. If in the end the noise was fixed without replacing any parts then it likely was a install issue. I like Doug and am strickly basing this off what shank said.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug is the most honest and conscientious tuner I have ever encountered. He calls before, during and after his work. If you are not happy with Doug and the noise your Viper makes you should call Honest John Hennessey. Please get back to us after you get Hennesscrewed and then compare tuners.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't you the same poster that incorrectly and inappropriately complained about a dealership in another post - the one referenced above? If so, it is clear that the following is true:

1. You should not have purchased a Viper.

2. You should have purchased a vehicle whose maintainence you can understand and afford.

3. If you had had the Viper properly inspected by an independent tech before you bought it, you would not be having these problems because you probably would not have bought the car.

4. The Service Manager at the dealership was treating you well and you chose to go elsewhere.

5. We have not heard Doug's side of the story.

6. You need to do more due diligence before you act.

Good luck in the future.

Reaction score
Well I drop the car off, go back to pick it up 2 days later to see if he found the problem and he trys charging me $250 for taking a look at it.

Where's the $250? I never stated at any time I was going to warranty the lowering caps and springs YOU provided - even if they were in a sealed box that YOU provided.

Although I did explain to you -in great depth- "If" there was something wrong with our LABOR we will remedy the problem FREE OF CHARGE! This applies to all of our customers. And this offer STILL applies to you. If you find a problem with defective labor, we will honor the repair free of charge at our facility.

Please review your invoice and refer to the $172.50 REMOVED from your bill. And, as I stated before, I removed it from your bill to accommodate your budget and customer satisfaction. In retrospect, It should have remained!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, you did remove it. but everything removed, you added it yourself once I left your shop. I signed for an oil change and tranny fluid. You never even called me to tell me you think you should grease everything and that it was going to cost me $173. You did that at your own will and suprised me with it.

Like I mentioned, I never had a problem with your shop, and all the previous times you told me everythig up front. I did however get offended when you told me everytime my car is at your shop you barely make a profit from it. Sorry for not being one of your big spending lambo customers.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DLM rocks the Lambo world! Dougs the first guy to twin turbo a Murcielago, and from what I am hearing a bolt on kit for the gallardo...DOUG you are the man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte