*** - Z06 still faster

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I have raced two C5 Z06's. No competition at all even w/ my stock Viper. You could say it was the driver, but I sucked as a driver too when I raced both of them. I spinned all the way thru first and the first Z06 jumped my 1 car, I caught him in second and shot past him like he was a Mail truck. The second guy was a highway duel...we were both at about 65 mph when I let him hit it first. I past him while still in 3rd and left him by about 8 car lengths by the time I hit 130 mph...my girl asked was something wrong w/ his car? She said are you supposed to beat him like that? I told her it was a C5 Z06, not the newest one. I told her the new one would give me a run for my money. Trumper, the C5 Z06 is absolutely no match for any Gen 3 Viper...simply grin and bare it.

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I have raced two C5 Z06's. No competition at all even w/ my stock Viper. You could say it was the driver, but I sucked as a driver too when I raced both of them. I spinned all the way thru first and the first Z06 jumped my 1 car, I caught him in second and shot past him like he was a Mail truck. The second guy was a highway duel...we were both at about 65 mph when I let him hit it first. I past him while still in 3rd and left him by about 8 car lengths by the time I hit 130 mph...my girl asked was something wrong w/ his car? She said are you supposed to beat him like that? I told her it was a C5 Z06, not the newest one. I told her the new one would give me a run for my money. Trumper, the C5 Z06 is absolutely no match for any Gen 3 Viper...simply grin and bare it.

:omg: Hhmmm.... street racing isn't very smart !!!

But then.... I'm not surprised !!!

Thankfully, Skip & Courtney put on Viper Days events... and I really enjoy instructing for you Viper guys at VIR & Sebring !!! We Z06'ers have enjoyed running with Y'all... since 2001 !!!

;) Nice video of the cars... where they belong... on a TRACK !!!

Guess they just ran out of video tape before your almighty Vipers were able to pass the C-6 Z06.... maybe next time !!!

:D Oh... and my 07 Z06 is a bit faster than my earlier models... which were an even match for the stock Vipers.

:cool: Now for the track guys... it's going to be interesting to see how the new 08 Viper performs... I expect it's likely to come down to a driver's race. Time will tell !!!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frankly I am sick of the Corvette ****. In 2001/2002 the C5 Z06 was closing in on the Gen II. Not surpassing it. In 2003 the Gen III was clearly superior to the Z. In 2006 the C6 Z06 caught and surpassed the Gen III. Moreso in the 1/4 than the road track. In 2007 the Z improved and there was no change in the Viper. So for 2 freakinbg years the Z06 is equal or superior. And surprisingly we have had to hear about it for 4 years as the vette community banks on their improvements long before they materialize. Viper people seldom have enough info to forecast, as is evident here. There is more schtick about the yet to be announced Z07 then the 2008 Viper. And the Vette people are here spouting off. Continuously. Hell, from 1992 to 2005 we could have done the same but to the best of my knowledge did not. So peace and good bye. Come back when you have real results.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, Viper owners are not the smartest or most civilized bunch around, we are just the toughest, fastest, meanest, and most loyal car owners and friends you will ever come across!

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, Viper owners are not the smartest or most civilized bunch around, we are just the toughest, fastest, meanest, and most loyal car owners and friends you will ever come across!

:D That's why we luv to run with Y'all @ Viper Days !!!

:cool: All the track guys have been really cool over the years and made us feel welcomed to their events !!!

Cya @ the track,

Trumper

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
truth is that competition improves the breed !

Yep, it does.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D That's why we luv to run with Y'all @ Viper Days !!!

:cool: All the track guys have been really cool over the years and made us feel welcomed to their events !!!

Cya @ the track,

Trumper

What tracks do you run, and when?

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D I've been @ VIR with viper days since 20001... will miss this year... I just got home after a week @ VIR.

Sebring in 2005 and 06.

I also run at Road Atlanta... 3 or 4 weekends/year, and at Barber... 3 or 4 weekends/year.

Occasionly I run other tracks here in the SE... approx. 11/12 events each year.

;) C'Ya @ The track,

Trumper

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D I've been @ VIR with viper days since 20001... will miss this year... I just got home after a week @ VIR.

Sebring in 2005 and 06.

I also run at Road Atlanta... 3 or 4 weekends/year, and at Barber... 3 or 4 weekends/year.

Occasionly I run other tracks here in the SE... approx. 11/12 events each year.

;) C'Ya @ The track,

Trumper

What color is your Z, I'm sure we have crossed paths at Road Atlanta which up until a couple of months ago was the only track I had ever done (Talladega, Roebling too now) do you run with NASA, Panoz, BMW or Audi? I drive a porsche now because my vette is always in the shop.

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D All three of my Z'sss have been silver and... unless the clubs assign the numbers... I am usually # 11.

I've done Sunday Panoz days... group A, and have instructed for NASA and other clubs @ VIR, Roebling Road, Road Atlanta, and CMP. Also I have instructed @ Atlanta Motor Speedway and have a high regard for those NA$CAR Drivers running @ 190+ mph.

Currently I'm instructing for Viper Days, Chin @ VIR & Barber, Peachtree BMW @ Road Atlanta, SCCA & BMW Alabama chapters @ Barber.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool look forward to seeing you at the track. Sad that Panoz is going down I will have to see what reports come from skip barber before I spend 1600 on a weekend of driving. I'd reather not do the Mx-5's and such myself. I guess you will be doing some instructiing with skip @ Road Atlanta too then since they are taking over, I live 5 minutes away so I'll be there to watch sometimes.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z06:Do you really think you are impressing any of us Viper owners??? I know your not smart becasue if you were you would have saved longer and bought yourself a Viper instead of another boring Vette. Now hit the road piss-ant!!!

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

I wouldnt trade my GTS for any vette, faster or not..........:dunno:

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vette owners are like genital warts. They only go away after being lanced!!
Motion to ban wanna be accepted Z0SH!T owner!!!!:D

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

I wouldnt trade my GTS for any vette, faster or not..........:dunno:

:omg: Been to Viper Days... HUH ???

:smirk: Seems you may be ONE of the FEW here.. that's taken a car to a track !!!

If so... then you know about getting a woodchuck every time you run off the track !!!

;) 3 Woodchucks in one day & your done !!!

:rolleyes: This thread isn't about trading cars...

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z06:Do you really think you are impressing any of us Viper owners??? I know your not smart becasue if you were you would have saved longer and bought yourself a Viper instead of another boring Vette. Now hit the road piss-ant!!!

:omg: Hhmmm... Nice attitude there... Cupcake !!!

:smirk: You must have wandered over here from the Alley !!!

;) Read my posts.... I'm NOT trying to impress anyone... I have... NO NEED TOO !!!

I simply answered questions that were asked !!!

BlackCrown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think of all of this as a last hurrah. Congress is right now writing the book on the cancellation of the performance wars. 35 mpg fleet (cars and trucks combined) will be impossible. Can you just see that 35 mpg fleet of Lambos, Ferraris, or US mfg's with a heavy truck bias. I think not. All non-essential will have to be cut by everyone.

Write your congressman (or better yet call tomorrow) as the deal is close to being sealed.

Here's the top selling vehicles for 2006
  1. Ford F-Series pickup
  2. Chevrolet Silverado pickup
  3. Toyota Camry convertible, coupe and sedan
  4. Toyota Corolla sedan
  5. Honda Accord coupe and sedan
  6. Dodge Ram pickup
  7. Honda Civic coupe and sedan
  8. Chevrolet Impala sedan
  9. Chevrolet Cobalt coupe and sedan
  10. Nissan Altima sedan
CAFE standards will hurt the domestics insofar as Truck/SUV sales go
(their bread & butter / cash cows ) ...The volume of Vettes & Vipes is
miniscule in the scheme of things ...what it will cut if further developement
however with modest tweaks, Dodge & Chevy can milk these platforms for
another decade ....after that ..these types of cars may be 2027's dinosaurs
like Muscle cars were during the 79 gas crisis. :omg:

My Unsolicited 2 cents :eater:

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the top selling vehicles for 2006
  1. Ford F-Series pickup
  2. Chevrolet Silverado pickup
  3. Toyota Camry convertible, coupe and sedan
  4. Toyota Corolla sedan
  5. Honda Accord coupe and sedan
  6. Dodge Ram pickup
  7. Honda Civic coupe and sedan
  8. Chevrolet Impala sedan
  9. Chevrolet Cobalt coupe and sedan
  10. Nissan Altima sedan
CAFE standards will hurt the domestics insofar as Truck/SUV sales go
(their bread & butter / cash cows ) ...The volume of Vettes & Vipes is
miniscule in the scheme of things ...what it will cut if further developement
however with modest tweaks, Dodge & Chevy can milk these platforms for
another decade ....after that ..these types of cars may be 2027's dinosaurs
like Muscle cars were during the 79 gas crisis. :omg:

My Unsolicited 2 cents :eater:

Hey, we are trying to tear up zosh!t boy and you come in here spouting about cafe crap? Take your penny colored car and hit the road pal. Come back when you are ready to smack talk the Z06. Until then spew your democratic feces elsewhere..........:mad:

Wow, these pain meds really do work. :D

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: Been to Viper Days... HUH ???

:smirk: Seems you may be ONE of the FEW here.. that's taken a car to a track !!!

If so... then you know about getting a woodchuck every time you run off the track !!!

;) 3 Woodchucks in one day & your done !!!

:rolleyes: This thread isn't about trading cars...

I think that is the case with most of these boards here, most of the people yapping about the track, never go. The ones that do spend way too much time trying to convince them otherwise. I do the same thing, but it seems as though magazine racing is the law nowadays and I'd be willing to bet there will be come comparos where the 08' gets beat by a Z06 on a road course, and vice versa, but of course depending on which forum you see, the negatvie results will be dismissed.

But either way, it's a waist of time arguing with people who dont know anything about a track other than what they read in a magazine.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trumper, is there growth potential at your place of employment? Much like penis envy, your jealousy for those who have more, is quite evident and I sincerely hope you can get a better means of income so that you too, can afford a Viper someday.

I owned nothing but corvettes until I bought an '06 Viper coupe. That was back in December. The fact is this; in performance, they are presently comparable. However, in most other categories, the vette is not even remotely in the same league as a Viper. The Viper is royalty and the vette, a mere peasant. Please refrain from comparing your Wal Mart car to a Viper.

Last but not least, I have a question for you. Do you bring a flatbed with you to the tracks or do you get a discount from a local towing company?

Last edited:

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last but not least, I have a question for you. Do you bring a flatbed with you to the tracks or do you get a discount at a local towing company?

LOL, thats too funny.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahh, doesn't the Z06 have a 3.42 rear gear? The 'stock' Viper has a 3.07. That is the sum total of hope for any Vette's chances against a Viper. That's just how vulnerable the pride of the C6 Z06 is guys. In reality, that's the Vette's only hope against the Viper's 8.3L V10.

But most of the Viper owners on the board have gone to 3.33s, 3.55s or 3.73s. My '05 Viper, with 3.33 gears, put up a 12.03 1/4 mile on the first pass (with run-craps in 'hot' Las Vegas), and I'm no pro drag/60' driver (more practiced drag racers go much quicker than that) ... an '07 Z06 spent all day trying to match that time, and couldn't do it. Gear for gear, the C6 Z06 has NO advantage, and the '08 Viper will probably be able to pull the Z06 even with a 'stock' 3.07 gear...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't feed the troll.
Alexarz put the nail in the coffin. :2tu:
They will never lose the defensive second class mentality after so many years of being...well second class.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, just passed a flatbed with a Z06 on my ride this evening. Timing was perfect. I made sure they saw and heard me "drive by." May have spun the tires a tad also. Ha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21