You don't need a Go-Pro if the guy behind you has one.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my track buddies found me on you tube in someone else's video from a PCA event last season.

His vid is the whole session. FF to about 10.20 or so. That's about where he catches up to me.
There is a nice off-line / inside corner pass at about 13.20

This was at La Junta raceway. It's a real short simple track, but has an interesting character to it.
It's more fun to drive than it looks.

http://youto.be/QPqe810fhsk

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...........The 911 Turbo guy catches me with late braking and when I'm held up.
The P-cars must have killer brakes............and this car is all-wheel drive too.

I am upgrading my brakes for the upcoming season to deal with guys like this. ;)

Nice how the Viper walks him in the straights though. -911 turbo is no slouch.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just download the app, "Harry's Lap Timer"
It lays telemetry over the vidoe it shoots through your smartphone, sound too. You just need a suction cup mount to hold the phone.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So tell us what you are running for brakes and rotors, as appears you are in a standard 2008 Venom Red Coupe, so are you running Girodiscs, Stoptechs, or some other 2 piece rotor, along with some aggressive pads ( Carbotech, Brakeman, etc.). Just wondering , as a Viper will normally outbrake a 911 contrary to popular belief , as these German flat 6s are quick , but with AWD they are heavier than our cars.

Appreciated the video as have some friends who keep telling me I need to make it down to LaJunta to run, though they say Pueblo has been redone and is one of the best tracks in the Rocky Mountain area ( after High Plains Raceway in Byers, Colorado which is fantastic )

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Alan, thanks for sharing.

{Looking on full zoom at the video!} I am pretty sure in that vid Alan's coupe has OE rotors (!) , but Mintex/Brakeman pads, SS lines and Sport Cups (?)

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
2006 coupe, stock with the usual bolt-ons (throttle body, sct,exhaust)
Hoosier R6's on six spokes, DBA 4000 rotors, Mintex front/Brakeman 3 rear, Stoptech S.S. lines, track alignment.

Upgrading to Stoptech ACR rotors this season.........thanks to Jon B.

I remember this event, and not braking as late and hard as I usually do. -Mostly due to the rough inconsistent track surface.
....hence the oddly fun character of this little track..
I am usually the one catching guys in faster cars with late aggressive braking.
(in a gen III, that's the only way I can rock on the Z06's/ZR1's and such)

La Junta is not a destination track by any means, but PCA runs here once a year for the last 38 years or so.
It's 3 miles from my shop.

Pueblo Motorsports Park is a newly repaved, upgraded facility, under new management that doesn't ****.
It is an amazing track with some great blind corners/elevation changes. It rivals HPR very well.
Only an hour away for me, so I do a lot of open lapping days there now. If you like HPR, Pueblo is a must drive.
-I still consider HPR to be my 'home track' though.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the runoff areas....I'd definitely be visiting the dirt several times a weekend If I ran there!!! Thanks for posting

OP
OP
A

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heading up to High Plains Raceway June 28/29 for two different club HPDE's. :drive:

.......need to detail the car first, as you never know when you might end up on You Tube. :D

At some point I may have to get my own video gear, just seems like kind of a hassle though. :rolleyes:
And what do you do if the camera falls off the mount and ends up under the brake pedal? :omg: