Need Help with the Name of a Specific Part: 2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (First Post!)

WinstonCupDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I am the PROUD owner of a 2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10, and my son has owned a red 1997 Dodge Viper GTS for four years. It is great that my son and I can enjoy local car cruises and shows together with the same type of automobile. Therefore, I am so happy that I have found this forum (and another popular Viper forum) that I can post threads to and reply to others. It is a great feeling to know that you guys and gals are part of a large Viper family.

I have been in the car business for over 30 years, and I have a lot of experience fixing cars, working on cars, selling cars, and wheeling and dealing as much as possible. With that said, I am quite knowledgeable about the names of the different parts that help create the entire package. However, I have ran into a bit of a problem whenever I have tried to find a replacement part on my own Viper.
I have attached three pictures to this post to show each of you the part that I need in order to properly fix my almost perfect-condition car. I do not know the name of this part, and I have searched for over two hours on the internet looking for the part to purchase.

This part is located underneath the right-front headlight support, and is the part that is broken and has a piece missing (look for the part with the pinkish-X that has been put onto it).

I would like to know two things:
1. What is the name of the part that is broken, which is underneath the right-front headlight support?
2. Where can I go, in terms of a website or a physical location, in order to purchase this part?

Thanks, guys. This is my very first post, so please go easy on me! I have a bad feeling that I have posted this message in the incorrect sub-forum.

EDIT: Sorry, guys. My photos are upright, but the upload rotated all of my photos 90 degrees to the left (counterclockwise). Blahhhhh.

Attachments

• 20160525_182441.jpg
    20160525_182441.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20160525_182452.jpg
    20160525_182452.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20160525_182456.jpg
    20160525_182456.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 47

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the 2005 parts catalog, the only part I see is called "Wheel House Splash Shields"

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remembered a post about fixing front end damage, and I have found it here on the VCA forum. http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/668167-Rebuilding-my-blue-and-white-ACR

From looking at that thread, I think that we may be talking about the fender support panel, 04865636AD or 4865636AI which appears to be the latest version at online sellers
( item 20 in the parts diagram picture at the following site: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=561969&ukey_product=4274389

I
'd suggest talking to one of the several Viper salvagers for a used part. The implication in the thread was that the part was made of some subassemblies that are bonded together that he took apart and used a piece of to reduce the level of disassembly required for his specific damage repair.

I'd list those vendors here; but, I don't know if that is allowed.

OP: PM sent.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd list those vendors here; but, I don't know if that is allowed.

It is, the vendor just can't comment

Thanks, I visit several forums and rules differ, maybe mainly on whether links are allowed, though, now that I think about it.

1. Jon B ( Jon Brobst ) at Parts Rack. viperpartsrack.com Mostly new parts, aftermarket and OE; but also used parts, I think. If he doesn't have what you need, he will point you toward the best alternative. His website only lists a portion of what he sells.

2. Paul Scharf at Don Scharf Automotive. http://www.donscharfautomotive.net/

3. Viper Parts Larry http://www.viperpartslarry.com/

4. x2 builders http://www.x2builders.com/

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AZ thats amazing that you remembered that thread. :2tu:

Its crazy the fog light access panel isn't a single part, and you have to buy the entire fender support panel... at least from the thread AZ posted, you can see that if you can get an undamaged panel, you can glue it in place.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the foglight panel is a separate piece as I bought out individually when I first bought my car. I had damage to the same part as you though when I pulled up a chunk of highway and rolled it around my fender and through the foglight panel. Had to get a whole inner fender piece to get just the front section. That front piece is glued to another part of the inner fender. You can separate the glue with some heat to replace only what's needed, but I think you might have to buy the whole piece (at least if you go new). Don't know if the salvage yards will split any of those for you or not.

OP
OP
W

WinstonCupDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, guys!

Thank you all so much for your help and determining the actual piece that I would need. After looking at all of the information that you have each provided, I see no reason to order a $1,500 part just to fix the one small section of the inner fender. A friend of mine and I are going to make a piece that we attach. It will not be factory, but we will make sure it looks almost as good. I just hate to spend that much money for that small piece; I bought the car from IAAI, and many parts were stolen, which caused it to be a theft car. It is a slick car, but I do not want to put too much money into it that is not necessary if I am going to keep the car as my show car. It will look good, folks. I promise. I really appreciate your help during this endeavor.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That part is the headlight support panel. Which is sericed with the inner fender support. I have PM'd you the number of a vendor that has that part seperate from the inner fender panel.