Your feelings on the Hennessey wing

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been looking at wings and im pretty set on the Hennessey. Here are my feelings on the it. First off its overpriced in my eyes, but there are no other wings like it on the market for the viper, or is there? also i think it follows the lines better on the car than say the parts rack, which makes your car take a more agressive race look. Do u guys think i should cough up the 2k plus another 800+/- for install. Or just spend my money elsewhere.

BTW, How would a stock supra wing fit onto the car? they are very similar in design that i see, but i dont know about the sizes.....anyone have any ideas on this?

thanks a lot guys!

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my wing but, only with the whole body kit. I have seen cars without the kit and the wing and I guess it just what you prefer. NO the Supra wing is VERY different once you get them side by side.

OP
OP
Y

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your car is really, really amazing, but the thing is 4 grand to spend is way to much for me for the fascia. do u guys like the look of the hennessey wing with the TNT splitter?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are not going road racing and also adding downforce to the front to balance the car you will make it slower and less stable.Rear wing = straight line slower.Rear wing only= problems in corners.You will however impress those that have no clue and don't know any better.BTW I like the looks of the Hennesey front and rear.Would like to see the wind tunnel figures and or the lapping times to see how they work. Bruce

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Hennessey wing, for that matter anything Mr. Hennessey does, has or will do, but the orginal GT2 wing gets my personal vote.
Just my 2 cents.

usa-clear-s.gif

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My feelings are that anything John Hennessey does is fine, I just won't deal with him since its impossible to deal with him.

Good luck!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion, the only wing that looks good on an RT/10 is a mopar spoiler. Anything else just looks out of place.

I assume this is on an RT/10 from what I can remember.

If on a GTS, get the mopar GT2 spoiler, nothing looks better.
Craig

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yeah, I will have to agree with chuck. It does put a lot of downforce one the rear. I took mine off and ran the car...it did seem to move a bit quicker. I stuck mine back on and it did seem to help on the winding roads.

I would asked advice from people who have them on their cars what they think and what they experience instead of getting an opinion from someone who has never had one or even owns a viper.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow '02,

I,like you,have been looking at the Hennessey wing for my car. I have spent a lot of time researching the different styles and still keep coming back to Hennessey. I finally got to see one on a yellow '01(no-stripes)and was not really impressed with how it looked on the GTS. As others have said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so you must do what you think looks good.
One other note...I had a hard time locating a Hennessey (new) and finally turned to the used market. Prashant Patel(Houston Viper Club) and JonB seem to be the best bets for locating one.

C Stegall

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
I took mine off and ran the car...it did seem to move a bit quicker. I stuck mine back on and it did seem to help on the winding roads.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adam,

You have to go over 30mph when on those winding roads. I know your driving habits by that video you posted of you here on the board a while back.. That won't cut it..
laugh.gif

Gerald

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see too many cars with that "Supra-ish" wing.
Although it does look good with the front facia.

I have the wing that parts rack sells. It looks a little home-made. But it looks pretty good.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:

You have to go over 30mph when on those winding roads.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean sidewalks don't you?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SapphireGTS:
The wing that parts rack sells works much better for a picnic bench then the Johns wing
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the Partsrack wing has got it all over the Hennessey wing. The Hennessey wing has a gradual slope to it that causes sodas, chicken wings and muffins to slowly roll off of it. Try balancing a pizza box on it. It's really annoying. You can't even hang clothes on it, by the time they dry they're all bunched up down the sides of the wing.

As I said before, it's purely cosmetic. If you like it then go for it. I prefer a more functional wing.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laugh.gif

Nice one Chuck.

Yellow02 You have a post 2001 wing make sure you get the spacers for the bracket that bolts on the back. I found this out the hard way!!! The Parts rack wing looks like it belongs on the Viper. I dont hate the HMS wing I just like the other

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a hard choice.It's really a matter of what viper you have.If it's a GTS your most likely going with either the venom wing or as saphirre GTS puts it,the partsrack wing a.k.a."picnic bench"
laugh.gif
.Now if it's an RT/10 the wing is either going to be the mopar wing or the "picnic bench".If I were to get the venom wing on the RT/10 I would get the full hennessey upgrade because you need the front fesica(sorry if I spelled it wrong).Then the RT/10 with that fesica would look perfect with the venom wing.Hey it is your choice.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all comes down to the old addage: Form follows function. If you want speed with contemporary styling, the HMS piece is very nice. It adds some downforce without seriously upsetting the aero balance.

The dual element wings with adjustable angle of attack can plant the rear firmly enough that you create undesirable levels of front end lift which worsens with speed. Then, you need to get a large splitter to keep the front down, but it gets harder to make driveway approaches and curb stops. The more wing and splitter you have, the more aero drag you create.

OP
OP
Y

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a gts bty sorry i didnet add that in there to begin with. You guys are making me second guess my thoughts i dunno if thats a good thing or not. I guess i will want to see one in person first before i go making any decisions.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to reply to this one. Look for a used one first. I got one for $1000. $300 later, it was painted and on my car (with the help of a friend). Good thing was, a renter who loved the wing as much as I did chipped in $300 for it too so it costed me a cool grand. I really like the wing and so do my renters. I get so many emails a day through my web site on how great the car looks. So what it doesn't create downforce or slows you in the qtr. by .000001.
I tried getting one when HMS was "changing" suppliers. Go through JonB, he'll make sure you get your product (he's a distributor.) It may take you months..... good luck.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the look of the Hennessey wing. I have been considering the whole package myself. Sure it's really just a cosmetic addition, but in combination with the front fascia, I think it looks beautiful. I especially like it on cars that have stripes, with the stripes painted on the wing as well...it looks amazing. If you like it go for it.
BTW, You didn't mention <FONT size="1">Supra</FONT s> did you??
laugh.gif

Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yellow02 email me if you would like some pics of my car from the side and back...
and the only thing that should matter is what you like.
not what everyone else wants you to do. I thought long and hard before I did it and I have no regrets

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21