Z06 beats the SRT-10 [Video]

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So! Is your point that the Vette is faster? Many would disagree.

This almost seems like another shot at the SRT as seen on another thread a minute ago. If so I should start making videos of Gen I/II losing to another car and posting it there. If the motive is to just put the SRT down then I say go elsewhere. I have had enough of the SRT bashing for awhile.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either way, it was a fun watch. <nice jacket> :)

The Z06 could have had any number of mods...

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So! Is your point that the Vette is faster? Many would disagree.

This almost seems like another shot at the SRT as seen on another thread a minute ago. If so I should start making videos of Gen I/II losing to another car and posting it there. If the motive is to just put the SRT down then I say go elsewhere. I have had enough of the SRT bashing for awhile.

Touchy touchy.....

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper there is no need to get upset over it. I just got an e-mail with the link and have no clude who is racing and what mod's both cars have.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that guy was shifting slower than his grandmother, you can tell when he shifts, the vette jumps ahead. 40 roll, that guy should be in first gear. I bet he wasn't.

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The guy was racing his wife and was proud she was going WOT just listen to his last comment no one says that with that kind of emotion right after they get smoked.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL... The Viper was always approaching until that Granny shifted. Damn, learn to drive stick...
You must be registered for see images

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find this video amusing as it reminds me of an incident that happened two years ago. I was coming home from an S2000 event in south east Texas when a RT-10 pulled up beside me. We both hit the gas at about 45 mph. The viper immediately jumped out ahead but then things went wrong for him. He missed a gear, I passed, and never caught me up to 110 mph. There were two witnesses to what happened. This was purely driver error on the Viper owner's part. We all know that an S2000 has no chance of beating a Viper in a straight line race.
I still have the S2000 and my new 04 SRT-10. The Viper is an awesome car!

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the Viper even racing? I didnt hear the car reving, shifting or anything, sounded like he started out in 6th gear at 2000 rpms. Looked like a "top gear roll on" race to me from 40mph. Dumb video

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fun video! The SRT is not pushing anything with the leisurely shifting and the guy's left arm casually resting on the window frame the entire time. There might be a few drivers that are confident enough to race with one finger holding the wheel, but not many. I would agree that the Viper driver is obviously having fun with the Z06 and his comments at the end indicate one of several things:

1. His wife was driving the Z06 and he loves her.

2. The Z06 is supercharged and claimed he could crush the Viper, yet the Viper stuck with him despite the leisurely shifting of the SRT. He loves his Viper.

3. The guy in the SRT owns the Z06 and decided he would create this video tribute to his Chevy by driving the SRT like an old lady and then posting this to the Vette forums and sending it to everybody he could think of. He loves his Corvette.

4. The guy is the latest in "video trolls" that have stepped up their efforts to piss off Viper owners. He loves himself.

Reality is simply that stock-for-stock, the Z06 is not in the same performance league in any single respect:

Now don't get me wrong: I think the Z06 is an awesome machine in every respect. I would also argue that it represents the best bang for the buck in sports cars today. Throw on a supercharger and you have a car that should be able to beat a stock SRT-10 handily (but should doesn't always mean would).

Fun video and a great looking SRT! ;)

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that video ****** me off. All the lame Z06 Vette owners think they can whip a Viper now. Give me a break!!!

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that video ****** me off. All the lame Z06 Vette owners think they can whip a Viper now. Give me a break!!!

Is that a bad thing? Let them come and see...

More of those, please!

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats up everyone..let me clarify somethings..First of all, this race was between two buddies of mine. One has a Z06 with a cai and catback exhaust (This is the same black Z06 that beat the 94 rt/10 at the track a while back and was posted on here as a video) And the other buddy has the 03 snake that is bone stock. I was the guy in the passengers seat of the Viper that screamed "Oh ,my god, I love you Fadi" at the end of the race. I did that out of excitement for my friend. He has raced a few FAST cars that on paper, he was suposed to loose, but he didnt due to his driving skills. Now, let me tell you about the race:

First off all, the race started from a 40 punch. We agreed not to go from a stop because both cars would spin too much. From a 40 roll, my friend Fadi (That is his name) honked off and they were off. The guy in the Viper shifts failry slow as you saw in the video, and that is something that Fadi took advantage off. He can drive very well. As far as the race went, i was just as surprised as some of you guys. Even though he was shifting slow, he was shifting at redline. He did not short-shift any gear. I thought that even if the SRT-10 driver were to shift slowly, he would still beat the Z. But, this video proves that a not so skilled shifter vs a skilled shifter will result in the outcome you saw.

As you can see, even though the Viper fell a whole car back when he shifted into 4th, he STILL did not reel in or catch the Z06 when it was only one car ahead. It doesnt take much driver to mash the pedal to the ground in 4th gear, and that is exactly what he did as i was in the car and i saw everything.

Remember, the Z06's driver weighs in at 160 lbs and had a 140 lb passenger, as the Viper's driver was 215 lbs and had a 200 lb passenger. Even though i think the Viper still shopuld have won, it didnt. What can i say, this kid can drive! :D

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey john c, instead of yelling" I love you" to your friend you should have been asking the viper driver what was wrong with him. Even in your own corvette world, there is no way a 340 rwhp zo6 is going to beat a 440 rwhp viper. One question, What gear did the viper start in? If you want your freind fadi to come down and race me, I will give him my car if he beats me!

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey john c, instead of yelling" I love you" to your friend you should have been asking the viper driver what was wrong with him. Even in your own corvette world, there is no way a 340 rwhp zo6 is going to beat a 440 rwhp viper. One question, What gear did the viper start in? If you want your freind fadi to come down and race me, I will give him my car if he beats me!

He was shifting slow..BUT, that is no excuse as to why he should not have won. I guess in this race, slow shifting was just the thing Fadi needed to win.

The Viper started in second gear.

You will give him your car if he beats you? i will keep that in mind, as i will put my money on him at a track in the 1/4 mile! ;)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second gear at 40! Why not start in fifth and avoid all shifting?

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah with the stock 3.07 rear end, that's a first gear start. You have to understand something, you guys raced once and beat him. Than you post saying you beat a viper, I have news for you. Vipers can be beat, I just think you should have done more than one race to make it fair. I will race him, bring it on street tires, I will do 1/4, from a roll, on a road course. I want you sitting with me video taping, that way you will know what a viper really feels like when its driven right. I'm sorry if I'm coming across rude, but we have friends with z06's with more mods than your friends car. They don't win.

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second gear at 40! Why not start in fifth and avoid all shifting?

Ha, shows me that you are cluless about racing. Ya, lets start in 1st at 40, spin all over the place and see what happens. :rolleyes:

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah with the stock 3.07 rear end, that's a first gear start. You have to understand something, you guys raced once and beat him. Than you post saying you beat a viper, I have news for you. Vipers can be beat, I just think you should have done more than one race to make it fair. I will race him, bring it on street tires, I will do 1/4, from a roll, on a road course. I want you sitting with me video taping, that way you will know what a viper really feels like when its driven right. I'm sorry if I'm coming across rude, but we have friends with z06's with more mods than your friends car. They don't win.

First off, i failed to mention that we did race a few times. As a matter of fact, every race we had, the Z06 won.

And we can definitely set something up for a 1/4 mile run on street tires and on a road course. Better bring your A game.

And yes, you are being rude. Cant people give props to a kill?? Must you have your heads so far up your asses and not see beyond just the cars and understand that the driver makes a big difference?

Anyways, thats all i have to say. You can e mail my friend at [email protected] if you ever want to set something up. I am sure he will be more then glad to take you on as a challenge.

:headbang:

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look your talking 340rwhp, you are not going to spin first gear at 40. I do it with my car and it just goes. I don't think you can do the same with the zo6, because it has a 3.42 I believe. We have a drag event coming soon, I will bring a zo6 with headers, no cats, intake. I will e-mail you the video to show, I will also have a race from a roll on the way to the track. Your friends car does 114 in the 1/4, the srt should do 120. The srt should not only beat the vette, it should walk right by. by the way 12 years of racing, I'm defenitly not clueless.

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look your talking 340rwhp, you are not going to spin first gear at 40. I do it with my car and it just goes. I don't think you can do the same with the zo6, because it has a 3.42 I believe. We have a drag event coming soon, I will bring a zo6 with headers, no cats, intake. I will e-mail you the video to show, I will also have a race from a roll on the way to the track. Your friends car does 114 in the 1/4, the srt should do 120. The srt should not only beat the vette, it should walk right by. by the way 12 years of racing, I'm defenitly not clueless.

Look man, you seem like an ok guy. i am not going to sit here and argue with you. I will say this as my last post. The Z06 out drove the Viper and won. Period! Given equal drivers, i am sure the SRT-10 would win. In this case, as you can see from the video, there werent equal drivers. So the Z06 won.

E mail the video to my friend anyways, he would like to see the outcome.

I will ask him to register on this forum and have him give his opinion. I am outta here.

oh, and btw, he has trapped at 116, but that was with a 2.0 60'.

Take care fellas. Look out for them Z06's, some can bite! :eek:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John C have you driven a Viper. You sound clueless. At 40 in first gear in a stock or near stock Viper you should not have excessive wheel spin unless it is cold or wet. At 40 mph in first you have almost 50% more thrust than second gear. Just when you get to 60 the advantage shifts to second gear. So for an average you lose about 25% of your acceleration potential from 40 to 60 by starting in second gear.

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me answer this final question fo yours.

I have never been in a Viper. But with so much tq, i would imagine a 1st gear punch in 40 would yield a lot of wheels spin.

Anyways, when the race happend, it was 45* outside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte