Zagato to build Viper-based Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad looking car, but putting a Viper engine in anything other than a Viper, in my mind, dilutes one of the main attributes of the Viper...the V10!

Doesn't surprise me though, as Fiat is managing Chrysler and they are trying to leverage Chrysler assets to improve the Italian car offerings....maybe to begin importing to US again. Its a big, bad motor, but it complies with US emissions regulations which means less problems for them to bring the car in.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually this could be a very beneficial situation for the future Viper. As we know from our members in Switzerland, Great Britain, Germany, etc. the Viper has a very important impact on the European Continent. With many vehicles over the years using Ford engines, Corvette motors, and even Chrysler ( Ghia designed Facel Vega ) , it could be a good PR move to promote the killer engine in small , custom produced cars. The Devon they were trying to do here in the US seems to have waned and disappeared, but with marine applications, the motor is out there, but having an impact primarily only with those of us that own the machine.

In a small way it may keep the interest up, and cause even more excitement Worldwide when the new Snake appears...............just a thought.

And of course, like alot lately, it could be just another rumor with no real truth to it at all?!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point, Bill!

Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember the Chrysler motors in the Facel Vega and I thought in some other limited Italian bodied cars as well....my mind fails me! :crazy2:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old news. The story has been out for weeks. The front of the car is not bad. The side view is fugly.

Last edited:

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The side shot looks similar to a Porsche 924,,,

and those weren't popular.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Familiar a$$ end, Styling right off the Daytona Coupe:
I think i like it.

You must be registered for see images attach

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad looking. Can't imagine how they would get that motor in that car. I'm sure they will find a way.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people say the same when they see the Viper.
Why knocking the Alfa?:rolleyes:

Just not a fan of Alfa's... never have been. Looking at it more now, it's not terrible, but I would never buy one.. just not my style. Although, I do love the Daytona Coupe of course! :cool:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get it.
I dig it.
I've always been a fan of the TZ1 and TZ2 cars.
However, I think the Viper is better looking.IMHO
But hey, it's good for the Viper and that's good for Viper owners.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure the interior will be amazing but I just don't like the exterior, front end is ugly, the rear is unique but that is it.