Zaino = Miracles; a disbeliever's story.

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino = Miracles; a disbeliever\'s story.

Well I finally tried the Zaino products I bought & had sitting around. The other day I showed my wife how our '99 BMW 540i Sport (black) had scratches all over the hood, it looked like the car had dust on it & someone put down heavy paper grocery bags and slid them off of the hood - or like someone sat on the dirty hood. It looked bad - I showed my wife to set her up for a pro fix-up. Well, I thought nothing to lose I'll try that Zaino stuff everyone says is so great. I followed Sal's instructions precisely for fixing scratches with Z5 & Z2 etc., blah blah, figured no way would this work. Thought it was a waste of time, but why not try the stuff before I put it on my beloved snake. Well, after 3 applications I showed the car to my wife in the bright sun, she asked when I took the car in & how much was the paint work. Scratches were undetectable, I literally can not believe how the car turned out, it looks better than brand new. I've never had a finish look this good - and that's with a black finish that started with lots of fine scratches.

Anyway, I'm a believer now, sorry for doubting you Zaino Bros. & you folks that professed it to be great, your stuff is truly unbelievable. You've got me for life. The snake is next!!

Dave.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Zaino = Miracles; a disbeliever\'s story.

I guess I'm next. I will be ordering some supplies from Zaino soon and I hope to have the same results posted above. I'm confident that Zaino will prove to be as good as everyone is saying.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

...and remember, Sal is a fellow Viper owner, VCA member and a heluva great guy!

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i have used Zaino in the past. I wound up not liking it because it did not last long and it was extremely prone to smudging/fingerprints. But that was a few years ago. Judging from the posts and the fact that i am looking for something to use on my Snake (which arrives friday-hopefully), i think it's time to try it again. Is Zaino still only a mail order or get it be found in the stores?
Also as a second choice what can be used on the Blue/White stripe GTS, the white stripe being a concern for wax build up.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Neil - I use nothing but Zaino on my 96 GTS
Here are a few thoughts:

Typical waxes eventually deteriorate and turn yellow - many if not all of them are difficult if not impossible to strip off - many have abrasives in them.

Zaino products have no abrasives - no wax - they are a polish and can be stripped off with a quick wash using DAWN dish soap.

Zaino actually recommends you wash the car with Dawn as it is a perfect degreaser and will get you back to the factory gel-coat, before you apply any Zaino product.

My car was delivered Sept 1996 so it definately not "new" - I drive it to work almost every day (sits out in the sun when parked at work), run track events etc and I have 21,000 + miles on it. I recently had the opportunity to park it next to a 96 GTs with 1500 miles and garaged most of its life but no Zaino on it- the depth of color on mine was deeper, the shine shiner, and an astute observer asking me what I "waxed" my car with.

Now the last point - I'm a lazy kinda guy - the idea of laying on and polishing off wax just does not apeal to me. Sunday mornings, weather permitting - I'm on the job with Zaino - this stuff is easy to apply, real easy to polish off - and forget about the bugs or bird ***t sticking - a bit of Zaino's Z7 on a surface that has Zaino on it, and all that stuff comes right off. I do the same as a previous "post" - let the car cool down then wipe off the offending items using a bit of Z7 and a towel.
(Sal Zaino even tells you what brand of towels to buy)

The two years I have been on this board ther must have been several hundred posts promoting Zaino's products and just a handful for all the other stuff out there - give it a try.

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Zaino is still mail order only. Visit www.zainobros.com for the tips, tricks, etc... You can find the order form there as well to print and mail in. Not sure about the stripes.....better wait for Sal to respond to that one.

Reaction score

Zaino products are FANTASTIC!!!!The best polish I have ever used.I have tried most everything but Zaino is king!!!The color was so deep,swirls/scratches were gone.I was really surprised!!Try it and you will not be disappointed!!!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your 1996 GTS does have a clear coat and as for the price of Zaino...... it is right in line with other products on the market. However, I feel for the even if Sal charged twice as much, I would still use it.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your 1996 GTS does have a clear coat and as for the price of Zaino...... it is right in line with other products on the market. However, I feel for the even if Sal charged twice as much, I would still use it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth