Zakspeed Viper Video - Nuerburgring

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too bad the camera was not a bit lower. The window banner really covered up the coming turns. I found myself trying to duck down to see under the banner. ;)

Thanks for the vids!

Docta Vipa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the video. First time I have seen a video of a Viper on Nurburgring. To be honest, though, it is "not quite as exciting" as that guy on the Fascination (RUF Cars) Tape driving that 911 like a wild banshee. Wasn't even wearing a helmet! Still, I'd rather be driving my GTS.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you are talking about the yellow Ruf that drifted around every corner? That may have been the best track video I have ever seen!

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don´t forget it is the ViperJet - a taxi! Look at the passengers head going left and right.
The time for the lap is rather slow.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the 6MB video, what is that mechanical whirring noise? It can be heard after he starts the Viper, but not immediately when he starts the Viper, rather just before he drives down the track it begins. You can also hear it in the 16MB video, but when it begins is much more detectable in the short video. It reminds me of the sound an electronic fuel pump makes.

You must be registered for see images

walter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is the pump for the gear box oil, switched manually.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant get over how smooth and sweet the engine sounds....Like the Oreca Vipers it just doesnt sound like its trying hard....I love this car.....Is this the same car and driver they penalized up the *** so it wouldnt win???

walter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No its the street-legal sister, with design and some parts from the Oreca, for example dampers, brakes, gearbox, and lots of other mods.

Engine is nearly stock.

The driver's not one of the three who rides in the race this year when they were penalized. He was in 2001 in the second viper at the 24h.

Greetings!

W.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Its great to see the Gen2 Viper cruising around the 'ring. Even though thats not a competitive lap time, its probably plenty fast for the guy off-the-street, and he goes home feeling like he went real fast.

There is a simular deal with Indianapolis, in a two-seat open wheeler. You pay a fee to have the crap scared out of ya. Only bad thing is, there has been a crash. Not fun at 200mph.

walter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember that this time is on a track which is open for every street legal car, including buses, caravans, motorcycles and 60 year old tourist driver.

The times mags post are on closed circuit.

W.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a few UK members nipped over to the Ring and Spa at the beginning of September,
the in-car footage is from Grahams car his first ever lap around the ring in a viper and it was damp in places, here's the link

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4