ZO6 on 287S (NJ) comes up and backs off my ACR

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got home Friday evening at about 6:30 with the forecast calling for rain, but it was clear and cold so out came the ACR. Then on 287 S ~ 1 mile from my home, and while in the left lane doing about 70 letting everything come up to speed and temp I see a Red Vette coming up fast from behind. When it gets almost next to me I can see it is a ZO6 (Side Vent)and thinking it wants to play. To my surprise it just backs off from there and hangs in the middle and right lane. It did look nice. I was kind of relieved he didn't want to play since these days with the cold weather even after an hour the ACR's tires are bone COLD.
Strickly for GRINS
You must be registered for see images
. About 2 monthes ago the same thing happened at about the same place with a Boxster S. Any of you guys have a similar experience. Happy Holidays.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John ACR:
Any of you guys have a similar experience.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the time. Half the time they just want to check out the Viper. The other half they want to see it run.

Merry Christmas.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a couple of funny instances at stoplights.......
I hit my nitrous purge valve which discharges thru hood
with a major hissssssss..it's funny to watch them backoff!!!!!!!!!

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw 2 Z06's running at Buttonwillow Raceway today, and I have to admit that I was impressed on how well they handled. The drivers noted how forgiving the car was through all of the turns, even when you took the wrong lines. They seem to be very solid performing cars.

The other cars that were impressive were the Carrera 4's and the new Twin Turbo's. That AWD is a real equalizer on the track. I was amazed at how aggressive they could be, without the big consequences.

That's my $.02.

Will

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed that all "high performance" cars seem to shy away from me on the road (porsches, ferraris, vettes, etc). It's only the teenage driven CRVs and Hondas that try to race (those that know they don't have a chance in hell of winning).

Makes it sort of lonely on the road.....

-W

OP
OP
J

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warchie you are right on the money about the little riceburners.
They always come right on the rear bumper til you leave them in the dust.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456