White side marker lights for GTS???

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get them?
I'd like to see the stock front and rear ugly orange ones in the trash can.
I know someone out there must make them in the clear/white plastic by now.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the clear covers for the front side markers on ebay. They are rather cheap and they come with a white light to use instead. Since I put in HID's I elected to change the bulb in the side marker to a LED and it looks crystal clear. Ill try to post some pics of it soon. As for the rear I am clueless. Hope this helps.

:usa:

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found the clear covers for the front side markers on ebay. They are rather cheap and they come with a white light to use instead. Since I put in HID's I elected to change the bulb in the side marker to a LED and it looks crystal clear. Ill try to post some pics of it soon. As for the rear I am clueless. Hope this helps.

If you got them on E-Bay, you can check your history of what you bought from who to find the merchant, or check your feedback to see if the merchant you bought them from left you feedback, and then let me know who the merchant is so I can hit them up for the lights.
I've been pulling my hair out to try and search all across the internet for them, so I can replace those ugly orange ones that Dodge must have borrowed off a 70's VW Bug:omg::crazy2:

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nope those are not them. I bought a couple from the guy who has them and I sent him an email asking if he has anymore. They come with a amber bulb for those of you who want to be legal. I put a clear LED in mine and it looks awsome. Ill keep you posted on what the guys says about them.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay this seems to be a hot item again. Skeetatcha and I are attempting contact the manufacturer of the side markers we have. We did get them on ebay, however they have since disappeared.

We will keep you all posted and also look into doing a group buy at a discounted price. They are already pretty cheap, I think 40 plus a lil tax and shipping brings em around 45. They do come with an amber bulb for those who attract the men in blue. For an added subtle glow we changed to led's. When we contact the company, I'll add some pics so everyone is clear on the product.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my clear lights on Ebay. Some of the lights that claim to be for Vipers are not even the correct shape. I went back and checked my Ebay history and here is the username of the place I bought mine from: gogoparts . They fit perfect and were shipped rather quickly.

ava2.jpg

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PittsburgRT, I just did the same via my ebay and the seller does not have these items listed any longer. I sent him an email and I am currently awaiting a reply. I will let everyone know as soon as I know something from either gogoparts or the manufacturer.

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just sent the Goo Goo Dolls a PM as well.
You guys that have installed them, is it a typical Viper nightmare to get to them inside the body panel to R & R them, or should I get the blow torch and a pry bar ready?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys that have installed them, is it a typical Viper nightmare to get to them inside the body panel to R & R them, or should I get the blow torch and a pry bar ready?

I can have your front fascia off in about 15 minutes. Ship the car to Texas for complete installation of your lights. I'll even road test it for you when done if you'll hold my beer...

Or, yes, you need a blow torch. One of those gas powered demo saws would be quicker though.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't need all those fancy tools to install... Took 10 min. Just turn the tire in on the side you want to install, pull of the rubber insert thats in the wheel well. Just don't drop one of the nuts or you'll be asking you child to fish his/her arm in there to try to find it. They come right off and slide right back on....

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. I'll be watching this thread. Thanks to those who are helping out.

FYI,
Silvania makes an assortment of bulbs that are clear when turned off but light up amber. I have used them on other vehicles before. Not sure if they make the one for the Viper markers but would be worth checking out.:2tu:

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

They are easy to install, but you need to remove the big rubber plug that is in each fender well and reach your hand up to the back side of each light. Each light is held on with two nuts. From start to finish I think it took me about 15 minutes.

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't need all those fancy tools to install... Took 10 min. Just turn the tire in on the side you want to install, pull of the rubber insert thats in the wheel well. Just don't drop one of the nuts or you'll be asking you child to fish his/her arm in there to try to find it. They come right off and slide right back on....

Cool!
It sounds simple, just make sure I don't drop one of my nuts. Got it!:lmao:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mine last year but took forever cause my fingers got a case of the stupids.I think the wheel well panel you take off to access the headlights would give you better access combined with round rubber plug and it doesnt take any extra time to speak of.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Mike, Make sure to get Bats overlays also to get rid of your amber on your taillights as well..that will make your Viper totally Amberless!!!! Al

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rob, like to see the side marker with the LEDs..I used standard clear bulbs and thet look golden white...Did you get clear LEDs for the front signals as well ? Thanks..Al

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Big Mike, Make sure to get Bats overlays also to get rid of your amber on your taillights as well..that will make your Viper totally Amberless!!!! Al

I was thinking about blacking the windows and lights out like I normally do on all my cars, but wasn't sure how it would look on a B&W:dunno:

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Jon at Partsrack carry the clear side markers? Maybe we can put a order together.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple of quick pics I took this morning just for this thread... These are the clear markers with an led from any auto parts store such as pep boys etc.

Okay the pics aren't the best quality... they are the first I've posted and the resize may be a little distorted, but you get the idea....

Attachments

• CIMG0027-1.jpg
    CIMG0027-1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 96
  • CIMG0029-1.jpg
    CIMG0029-1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 74
  • CIMG0030-1.jpg
    CIMG0030-1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 75