'00 or '01 GTS exhaust question

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\'00 or \'01 GTS exhaust question

Has anyone with a '00 or '01 GTS tried the muffler delete AND resonator delete? (cat's still on and stock headers)

If so, is it obnoxiously loud?

Will warning light come on?

Thanks

Ulysses

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \'00 or \'01 GTS exhaust question

Ulysses, I'm not sure what you mean by the resonator delete. I installed the SnakeOyl sub assembly last weekend which replaces the muffler with straight pipes and longer exhaust tips. The pipes I bolted on to came from the cats and had the O2 sensors on them. The sound is strong but not obnoxious at all. What type of system are you considering. Ron had posted sound files before and after the SnakeOyl install that were very accurate and helped me. Don

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ulysses,

I have put a Borla Cat Back system on mine. It replaces the
stock resinators with higher flow resinators and deletes the
muffler. It is louder, but not too loud. You can come down and
listen for yourself if you want.

Let me know,

Steve

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I gotta go with JonB's suggestion on the tunable mufflers.....I love mine....I tried straight pipes and HATED it....put the tunable set on with no cats and no muffs and now I can set it depending on my mood ;-)....also...when they are wide open...they still sound great....no ratty or crackly nastyness... my $.02

OP
OP
U

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Everyone,

Don, I have the sub assembly too. I was referring to the assembly upstream from that in the sills.

Steve, I've got the high flow resonators as well. Still wouldn't mind comng down and checking out your ride. My buddy Gus lives down the street from you, he has a black Z06.

Jon, thanks, that answers my question. I don't think the sensors will be a problem also. But I think that the ratty sound isn't worth doing it.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

I've ridden in a gts that had straight pipes from the cats back. Jon's description is about it "ratty sound" not a cool, tough sound.

The 2003 is said to have technology that gives the V-10 a VERY, VERY good sound, no more UPS Truck jokes. Could this result in an aftermarket mod to the older Viper exhausts?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marv S:
The 2003 is said to have technology that gives the V-10 a VERY, VERY good sound, no more UPS Truck jokes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that mean it won't have the backing-up beeping noise anymore either?

You must be registered for see images

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score

had a cracked cat on my 2000 RT.....had the meanest low rumble you ever heard....especially with the odd firing, but the fumes were kinda gettin to me. sounded like i had a big ole cam in it. kinda wished it wasn't replaced. oh well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery