'01 GTS O2 Wideband advice

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know of a more affective way to log ignition timing, coolant temp, IAT, fuel trims, and rpm than through the OBD2 port or running an aftermarket EMS. Maybe while logging all PIDs at once there would be sufficient lag, but I think logging a few at a time there should be more than enough resolution.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know of a more affective way to log ignition timing, coolant temp, IAT, fuel trims, and rpm than through the OBD2 port or running an aftermarket EMS. Maybe while logging all PIDs at once there would be sufficient lag, but I think logging a few at a time there should be more than enough resolution.

Bingo. While it is true that in any case, OBD-2 logging is certainly no 100+ Hz per channel/PID Pectel or Motec logging system, when you cut the number of PID's down to a maximum of 3-4 for logging 1-2 PID against MAP/RPM at a time, it is sufficiently fast enough in almost all cases. Of course, errors will be made by default, which is why you "hone in" on a final tune rather than slap it together after one log- but it absolutely can be done successfully.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can log the Innovate LC1 and SCT Livewire by using a 9 pin din conector wired from the SCT into the LC1 analogue output. No big deal.

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan and 1.8t,
Thanks for the clarification!!!

Bingo. While it is true that in any case, OBD-2 logging is certainly no 100+ Hz per channel/PID Pectel or Motec logging system, when you cut the number of PID's down to a maximum of 3-4 for logging 1-2 PID against MAP/RPM at a time, it is sufficiently fast enough in almost all cases. Of course, errors will be made by default, which is why you "hone in" on a final tune rather than slap it together after one log- but it absolutely can be done successfully.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can log the Innovate LC1 and SCT Livewire by using a 9 pin din conector wired from the SCT into the LC1 analogue output. No big deal.

While it might log just the wideband against time, I was of the understanding that Livewire does not work on DCX strategy. Is that just for DCX-specific PIDs?

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Logging 30+ PIDs and 2-4 analog inputs through the OBDII port on my Cobra produced in excess of 100 samples a second... more than sufficient. The sample rate through my Raptor was adjustable, but I would assume our cars should output on a similar level.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Logging 30+ PIDs and 2-4 analog inputs through the OBDII port on my Cobra produced in excess of 100 samples a second... more than sufficient. The sample rate through my Raptor was adjustable, but I would assume our cars should output on a similar level.

Not even close. Try about 10-15Hz. Total.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting. Still a chunk of data. Being that they both use OBDII interface, is the PCM output the limiting factor for the Viper?

I dont know what you mean by "chunk of data", but 10-15 Hz divided by even 3 PID's is rather slow in the grand scheme.

Yes, it is. OBD-2 is just a protocol, it has nothing to do with processing speed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang