03 cobra VS 04 SRT-10 video here, check it out.....

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what i ment was its like this unseen rule that a viper HAS to be stock and lets let the vette's and mustangs do all kinds of mods and say they beat the viper.

Whats fair is fair

stock vs stock - viper wins
s/c vs s/c - viper wins
tt vs tt - viper wins

thats what im saying, if you wanna give the cobra a kenny bell then give the viper a Roe.

Look at what your saying a 99 GTS (5 year old car) is the same price as a 04 cobra or an 04 z06 and your talkin about a car with "less then 25k miles" and a car with 0 miles so if anything by saying that your proving our point, not that price means a damm thing to me, to me its performance and looks and thats it.

Judging by your name we can all see what side you are going to take,and the truth of it is there shouldent be sides hell i like the cobra and the vette and a few others as long as they got b@lls.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and if the 03 cobra put the kenny bell on it i would get my ass kicked but the kenny bell is almost the same as a roe so if ya gave the cobra one gotta give the viper one then i would kill it.

this would require one of those Performance-Shop-On-Wheels that's out 24 hours and standing by at streetraces to see who wants a supercharger installed right there and then when they are outgunned. Hope they've got enough lighting and a mobile dyno to tune it too. oh wait, this is theory racing, my bad :laugh:
Go take your Mustang back to the mobile home park you came out of. What is this dime-a-dozen troll day? STUGOTS:Man we are going to be working overtime tonight on troll alert. :confused: You can't get a 99 GTS Viper for under 50k but,I know where you can pick up thousands of Mustangs for a grand though. :p

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol thats the truth,

Hell i will be the first to admit it i got a 99 GT mustang with 9k miles and i only paid 9k for it and thats only becuase its a 35th ann edition.

I know this guy who has got a hooked up 1995 mustang GT with a procharger,intercooler,basani headers,flowmaster exhaust,373 gears,msd coils,aluminum flywheel,and chrome all over it all making about 410 rwhp and he wants a whopping $3,600 and my cousin went to him and said he had 3k and the guy was gonna take it and my cousin backed out.

SO YEA I WOULD SAY VIPERS AND MUSTANGS ARE IN THE SAME LEAGUE!!!!

a viper with half that stuff could go for 100k

MustangWantsU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go take your Mustang back to the mobile home park you came out of. What is this dime-a-dozen troll day? STUGOTS:Man we are going to be working overtime tonight on troll alert. :confused: You can't get a 99 GTS Viper for under 50k but,I know where you can pick up thousands of Mustangs for a grand though. :p

lol, you sound very insecured. when you drive around in a $250k car then maybe you can talk this way, but right now, anyone who can qualify for a loan on a Z06 or Cobra can buy your '98 GTS that's worth around $38k. that's not much more than a new Cobra.

MustangWantsU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what i ment was its like this unseen rule that a viper HAS to be stock and lets let the vette's and mustangs do all kinds of mods and say they beat the viper.

Whats fair is fair

stock vs stock - viper wins
s/c vs s/c - viper wins
tt vs tt - viper wins

thats what im saying, if you wanna give the cobra a kenny bell then give the viper a Roe.

yeah, that's called bench racing.

you run what you brung....should a Cobra now complain about having 2 less cylinders and alot less cubic inches? not my fault Dodge didn't give you a supercharger....and not Dodge's fault that Mustangs don't come with V-10s

Look at what your saying a 99 GTS (5 year old car) is the same price as a 04 cobra or an 04 z06 and your talkin about a car with "less then 25k miles" and a car with 0 miles so if anything by saying that your proving our point,

that whoever can afford a new Cobra or a new Z06 can also afford a '98 GTS? many of you bought your Vipers used and not many of you even have the newer $100k+ Vipers. "YouWish", even his name spells insecurity...thinks he owns a $100k car. he doesn't, lol.

not that price means a damm thing to me,

well then you should figure out which subthread is addressing you and which is not. this one is not.

Judging by your name we can all see what side you are going to take,and the truth of it is there shouldent be sides hell i like the cobra and the vette and a few others as long as they got b@lls.

i'm not taking any specific car's side...all i'm saying is that:

1. it's silly to theorize what car would win if it had a supercharger, more cylinders, blah, blah....what about Supras and GN's with 6-cyl? when you're racing someone, you'd want to have more power & traction then what they've got and be a better driver too...what's fair about that? nothing.

2. some people who are so insecured with themselves that they think that buying a used $38k puts them in some kind of higher class.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the $38k gts you speak of is not going to be in great shape, most people will qualify for a new zo6 or cobra. to qualify for a '98 gts, the bank will require a lot better credit. try and finacing a '98 cobra through the bank not the dealer, I'm sure they will turn you away. My point is you can't get a nice '98 gts for $38k. also '03 cobras in my area are $25k if anyone is interested with low miles.

MustangWantsU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the $38k gts you speak of is not going to be in great shape, most people will qualify for a new zo6 or cobra. to qualify for a '98 gts, the bank will require a lot better credit. try and finacing a '98 cobra through the bank not the dealer, I'm sure they will turn you away. My point is you can't get a nice '98 gts for $38k. also '03 cobras in my area are $25k if anyone is interested with low miles.

there was a '99 GTS for $39k sitting for about a year in the Autotrader, i can't find it now so maybe he sold it. i was really thinking of buying it, but i'd rather have a ragtop Viper...and right now, i'm planning to move to CA to take care of the Dad so toys will have to wait.

i'm in the insurance and mortgage business....and right now, you can pretty much finance almost anything as long as you have a heartbeat. but for something under $40k, i'd be paying for it cash.

here's a nice one for $39k with 43k miles.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=160494282&dealer_id=&car_year=1998&make=DODGE&distance=200&max_price=&model=VIPER&advcd_on=n&end_year=2005&min_price=&first_record=26&address=20902&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1984&=&color=&cardist=30

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,
The Kenny Bell mustangs are slugs...there are several here in town making over 650 at the wheels and not one of them in the 11's. They all trap over 120, but none are even near the 10 second zone. There are a couple of procharged cobras running around with over 650 at the wheels and last weekend at the track the fastest one ran 12.50's @ 121...a far cry from deep in the tens. There are a lot of mustangs that can spank a new srt on the street...that is a given. Most of my customers with vipers don't drive their cars anywhere near the potential of the car...most stock srt's are are only making around 440 at the wheels anyway. It comes down to driver and putting the power down to the pavement.
Later,
Joe

http://www.strictlypro.com/dyno%20video/jayknott%2010.17.htm

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, another Mustang! Why don't you post a video of YOURSELF running a 10.1 @ 138 with slicks. Until then, who gives. Nice run, but who cares.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can email a vid of my run if you would like. I am just posting that there are Cobra's out there that do run fast. Im friends with about 7 guys who have vipers and post on here and I plan on getting a viper when the time is right also. Just sticking up for the cobra guys man, no troll here.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you guys sound like little babies. you have both talked your trash so now lets listen to reason. A new cobra is a monster of car car with great possibilities with a few bucks. I am not a stang guy, ok, i love vipers, i have a viper. I do appreciate fast cars tho, and many 03/04 cobras are fast. stupid people say even stupid'r things and the dumbest one i have seen on here is the comment regarding how you take the cobra with the kenne bell and even the mods with a viper with the roe and the viper will trash the stang. REALLY, ever see this race before. i have seen many stangs and have several buddies that have the bell on their new cobras and they ALL dyno high 600's to the wheels. how many roe cars dyno high 600's at the wheels. i personally have a couple of friends that run stock ported blowers on there cobras with a good tune exhaust and pully that hit high 10.9 on et streets. that is IMPRESSIVE. no viper is going to BLOW a cobra of this magnitude away ok with just a roe blower. how many vipers have dipped into the 8's in the quarter. not many huh. well i have seen more than a cople 03 cobras do it already. you are talking about a car that has been in production for only a year and a half and already is breaking records!!!!! how many years did it take the viper guys to dip in the 8's/9's . my point is this, you have to respect these guys, they have potentially very fast cars and those that think they still dont stand a chance, come to atco or englistown, i will make sure some of my buddies are present and will gladly run any that want to TRY and whip there asses. I love vipers not cobras but respect these cars cause i KNOW what they are capable of. chill out viper guys, the cobras can go in the twisties and will never have the sex appeal our cars do, so relax. and if your still afraid his wangs bigger than yours than see my buddy doug levin for some more size, i mean speed!

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
v10kingsnake, you must know my buddy at atco with the grey 03 coupe with the stock blower running 10's. Venomous03Cobra, John??? I dont want to say his last name on here but his car is an animal! Im not about to get in a flaming war with anyone, I just wanted to show that there are some FAST cobras as there are many FAST vipers. Look what we start with though, even a bone stock viper or cobra is fast. We all need to get along and go kill the import group!!! lol

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am new to the site and I usually make serious posts related to strictly Vipers. But, I just couldn't resist posting a reply to this subject. No, I won't lie and say I already own a Viper like others who have tried to give that impression in previous posts that I have read. However, I am in the process of the search for the perfect Viper to purchase. I do own a Corvette, R/T pick-up (all show and not a lot of go), and my daily driver Acura and in the past owned a highly modified Mustang (yes, I was younger and dumb too) just like other people on the site. I like all cars and cannot be partial to only one car like some site members. Yes, I still like Mustangs, but a Mustang cannot be compared to a Viper! If I wanted to see videos of just Mustangs at the strip I would go to a Mustang site. I know my next comment is going to cause some lame reply. Spend your money on something worthwhile like a car that doesn't need a crap load of money dumped into it to make it competitive or even consider maybe a college education.

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys -

I don't know why people get so UPSET about Ford vs Chevy vs Viper, etc....

Gearheads are gearheads and respect all FAST machinery.

I traded my 03 Cobra in on my Viper GTS and do not regret it, I would have loved to keep both.

03 Cobras with $1000-$1500 in mods will easily run with STOCK Vipers and that is IMPRESSIVE, but my Cobra buddies LOVE my Viper and most would trade a little speed for the driving experience of the Viper.

I have a 10 second capable Stang, but no matter how FAST it is I'd still rather drive my Viper, but both cars are a trip to drive.

If any of you guys are interested check out www.svtsnake.com - alot of cool local PA, NJ, NY Cobra, Z06, and Viper owners who like to race and post up when we are going to the track next.

From what I have seen E-town will have a road course by 2005, everyone is all pumped up about that.

Call me a Mustang troll if you want, but this troll owns a Viper and will gladly meet you at the track anytime no matter what you drive.

Howard

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also own a mustang and I love it as my daily driver and I'd like to do a few more mods to it someday.

I have a love for any car that will jam me in the seat in anyway as a matter of fact (no flame guys) im buying a 1994 vette in a few weeks to use as another daily driver.

1996VIPERGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's reading posts like these that makes me embarrassed to own a Viper. There are so many stuck up Viper owner's- "Why should I race a Mustang or Covette, I paid $80K for my car I have nothing to gain, he can just go back to his trailer park....." Why should the guy in the Ford GT, Ferrari or Lambo race you, it's just a Viper.

The fact is an 03 Cobra runs 12's stock for $33K brand new. Add $1K worth of mods and you have an 11 second car. Add $4-5K and you have a 10 second car. Add almost $10K and you have a 9 second car. I did not major in economics but if you just want to go fast in a straight line and don't care about impressing your neighbor's, the Cobra offers the best performance bang for the buck.

If having a car as a status symbol is all that matters to you, just sell your car and buy a limo, and have someone drive you around. That will impress everyone and you won't have to worry about getting embarrassed by a $25K used Mustang.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's reading posts like these that makes me embarrassed to own a Viper. There are so many stuck up Viper owner's- "Why should I race a Mustang or Covette, I paid $80K for my car I have nothing to gain, he can just go back to his trailer park....." Why should the guy in the Ford GT, Ferrari or Lambo race you, it's just a Viper.

The fact is an 03 Cobra runs 12's stock for $33K brand new. Add $1K worth of mods and you have an 11 second car. Add $4-5K and you have a 10 second car. Add almost $10K and you have a 9 second car. I did not major in economics but if you just want to go fast in a straight line and don't care about impressing your neighbor's, the Cobra offers the best performance bang for the buck.

If having a car as a status symbol is all that matters to you, just sell your car and buy a limo, and have someone drive you around. That will impress everyone and you won't have to worry about getting embarrassed by a $25K used Mustang.

My friend has a 03 svt with my btr propane system that I lent him and goes low low 11's. Thats faster than most srt's.

vd..

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a Viper. Its at Tators Dodge right now getting a 8# Roe S/C installed...I have 452 RWHP before the S/C..The Cobras are fast nice cars, easy to get extra power, but wouldnt want one going by me, hence the S/C. Most of my races are on the highway and im already doing 60 or so. Vipers pull extremly hard over a hundred, even in stock form. you will get by a aerodynamicly challenged Cobra for sure. 1/4 mile is only the beginning of the race...

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys -

I don't know why people get so UPSET about Ford vs Chevy vs Viper, etc....

Gearheads are gearheads and respect all FAST machinery.

I traded my 03 Cobra in on my Viper GTS and do not regret it, I would have loved to keep both.

03 Cobras with $1000-$1500 in mods will easily run with STOCK Vipers and that is IMPRESSIVE, but my Cobra buddies LOVE my Viper and most would trade a little speed for the driving experience of the Viper.

I have a 10 second capable Stang, but no matter how FAST it is I'd still rather drive my Viper, but both cars are a trip to drive.

If any of you guys are interested check out www.svtsnake.com - alot of cool local PA, NJ, NY Cobra, Z06, and Viper owners who like to race and post up when we are going to the track next.

From what I have seen E-town will have a road course by 2005, everyone is all pumped up about that.

Call me a Mustang troll if you want, but this troll owns a Viper and will gladly meet you at the track anytime no matter what you drive.

Howard

well said Howard! I would love to own a viper one day and I wouldnt care if it was faster than my cobra or if the cobra was faster, its a VIPER! I see the Cobra as the Vipers little brother... part of the snake family for people who cant afford vipers or need something with 4 seats. :2tu: