'03 Viper is a rehashed Copperhead?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\'03 Viper is a rehashed Copperhead?

There is a post on the Corvette site about this - but I figured I'd post it here.

Check out the resemblance here. Did Dodge spend all this time coming up with a "new" Viper that looks (to me) to be 99% the same as the "Copperhead". What's the deal? Did they slash the design budget or something?

Anyone seen the new Viper in person yet? What's the scoop - better or worse than in pictures?

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \'03 Viper is a rehashed Copperhead?

Sheesh .... good post Mike.

The Copperhead looks better.

If this is the final design....... I think they blew it.

I'm sure they will sell, and like the C5, people will get used to them ....... but I think they went in the wrong direction with the design. The GenIIs will continue to attract more attention than this new design.

Reaction score

You guys just don't get it....The Gen I Side Pipe cars are the collector cars of the future!!As one who deals in collector cars I feel qualified to make this prediction:
GEN I - High Collectability
GEN II GTS - High Collectabilty
Gen II R/T - Moderate Collectabilty
Gen III - Moderate Collectabilty

Comments Welcome!

ViperRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Having owned both the a 96 GTS and a 94RT I believe once I put the stripes on the black RT I may have gotten more attention with the RT, however it's hard to say. I for one agree that the original side pipe car will be the collectible car but not for many years to come. If being rare was the only criteria for being worth a lot my 62 Polara 500 would be worth a lot, which it is not, however a cooler car would be hard to find.

ViperRon

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The guy from the Corvette club should be posting a rear shot of the new 03 502 cubic inch monster because that's the only vue he'll ever get to see.

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2000GTS,

I would disagree with you that it's "almost as fast". One of the magazines said it best.... "if both cars run to 100mph from a standing start, when the Viper hits 100, the Z06 is over a football field behind".

That ain't too close to me. The Z06 is light and gets excellent traction, so their 1/4 times suggest they are closer in performance than they really are.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery