03 vs 04 Seats, Any Difference?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a difference between the 03 and 04 seats? I was told the 04 seats have cloth inserts. If so, is this viewed as an improvement by those of you who have them? Thanks :usa:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well,I dont know.I bought my car in may,and it has suede inserts.I didnt know they were different before.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they should all be the same. the seating surface (back and butt) are a feax seude(alcantara poss.) and some of the other parts are leather and a lot is vinyl.

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I have a strange set then. Mine are either leather or vinyl on the seating surface. :confused:

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owned both, seats are identical, but there are a few other changes in the car. I'll compile a list very soon.

Skip White

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so you don't think I'm nuts, here's a picture of the leather version.

You must be registered for see images

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very interesting what was the build date on your car? I was in acouple of preproduction cars that had the all leather but did not know any of the production cars got those seats.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow thats strange, we were thinking you must be wrong, or as you said nuts. Seeing is believing.

I do know the porpose for the suede center, was to reduce the sliding motion when cornering. This it doe's do. Your's may have been the only one ever like this. Maybe it will pose a value someday like a misprinted coin.

Skip White

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought these seats new at a swap meet and was considering installing them in my 97 GTS. I've since found a set of the suede seats and was debating on which set I should use.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so they were not actually installed in a production SRT? They may have come out of a pre-production car that met w/ crash test or crusher? either way they are a rare item. the faux suede does help to hold your posterior in place during cornering

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so you don't think I'm nuts, here's a picture of the leather version.

Should not say this... but may be from a Neon SRT-4...... same seats W/O the more expensive suede insert. P.S. pretty sure the seude in real, not "Faux".

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, Do the SRT-4 seats have Viper embossed in the seat leather? :usa:

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its is not off the SRT-4 for sure. Notice the adjustable chair lever on the bottom. And the stich patters is different on the SRT-4 compared to that one:

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're correct, they are not from an SRT-4. They have VIPER embossed in the leather. I actually don't understand the requirement for suede in the production cars as the seat holds like glue even with the leather inserts. I think they would be more comfortable in a daily driver than the suede. The suede feels like velcro to me. Can't even squirm without ripping your pants. :D :usa:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right, I did not see the "Viper" stitching. I talked with John Fernandez (the Viper Executive Engineer for Gen III) at the last VOI about the suede and he said it was for the grip... He had to push for the suede, so these seats must have been some done before the switch, development seats maybe?

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just listed the seats on Ebay. Do a search on "Dodge Viper Seats" and you will find them. Also listed some other misc Viper stuff. Check on my other auctions feature. :D :usa:

James T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know about getting differebt seats for the SRT10-the stock ones are too narrow!!!!