04 serious buyers - white or yellow

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of those out there who are seriously planning to buy in 04, who would buy either white or yellow as a first pick if either were available (please state the color)? Just trying to figure out the interest on either of these colors, since I haven't seen much in the way of receptive responses to white...

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were going to buy either white or yellow I'd get yellow. I just can't see white as a color for a sports car.

I am getting an '04 and it will be red. My favorite color.
Dave

qburge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard yellow Vipers are just naturally faster right off
the showroom floor before any mods. Honest *****, I am a quarter
Cherokee too!

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither color would persuade me to trade in my red 03, but I would choose white over yellow if those were my only choices. If they were offering a medium depth bright blue or a medium gray, I would seriously consider trading my car in for either of those.

I had a yellow 87 Corvette, & it was the most difficult color sportscar to sell I ever had, people who don't like yellow, REALLY don't like it. I had a white 73 Corvette, sold w/ no questions about the color.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go for yellow. My Z06 is white and I will need a little more color in the garage.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of white and yellow, I cannot decide which would be my choice since I have not seen any white SRT-10 pics to compare them to the few yellow SRT-10 pics that I've seen (Fast and the Furious II). White can look more incredible than any other color, when properly offset with black. I want a color that was not offered in 2003. So, until I see more, I am undecided, though I am not undecided about getting a 2004 Viper. Yes, I know this post does not help much with the count. If there is only to be one, I'll get whichever is not red, silver, or black. How about that? LOL So long as it sets it apart from 2003.
You must be registered for see images

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely yellow...The car is already bland enough without painting it boring white...

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW Daffy, Didn't you used to sign out with your desire for an SRT10 something like "...make mine black, dark as the new moon"?

Good memory. Yes. Black as the new moon. But, since my 2004 Viper is not ordered yet, I can change my mind, which I did, upon thinking more about colors. I decided that I want a color that is not offered in 2003 to set mine apart from first year GenIII Vipers. See? So, anyway, that's my reasoning on the color change.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take one in Copperhead or Prowler orange if I had my choice but, I saw the white (indoors) and even though I would hate to clean it I would take it as long as the interior is as I saw. Also I wonder what it would look like in a medium blue. Corvettes (uuhg) have had a good looking blue on them for the past couple of years. Not the (too dark) Sapphire Blue (which looked black)of a couple of years ago.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I personally like white better, I think that it would be smarter (from a marketing perspective) to offer next year's Viper in yellow. One reason is that whether we like it or not, the yellow Viper in the sequel to Fast and the Furious will likely be an icon to teenagers, and in the general public's mind for some time.

And also yellow is a very bold color, and the SRT-10 Viper could use that kind of strong image with so many new supercars fighting to take the press limelight (Carrera GT, Ford GT, Lambo Gallardo, Mercedes SLR, 360 Stradale, etc..)

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHITE, WHITE, SBF WHITE for me.

How many times are you voting, what are you from Florida or something? :)

[Note I'm referring to your previous post, not to your multiple "Whites" in this post :) ]