05 viper half shafts

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi,was wondering where i could get upgraded half shafts. thanks gary :bonker: :bonker: :bonker:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? I have not heard bad things about the later 1/2 shafts. I am running 735hp and have had no issue with my stock 1/2 shafts in my 06 coupe, and I now have 3600 miles on them.

Jon

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do a search for our friend and fellow VCA member "Yelloh" he has a set that he has not put on so far and he can tell you where he got them and if he wants to sell them.

Racing Solutions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are several options for replacment CV Shafts. I would be more than happy to give you more info on the options. You can reach us at [email protected] or call us at 281-752-9600 / 888-890-6186

Jason

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yelloh also had told me that quite a few people had broken CV joints nat Pocono at the last viper meet. I was not there. Contact him about it.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yelloh also had told me that quite a few people had broken CV joints nat Pocono at the last viper meet. I was not there. Contact him about it.

I was at that event and didn't see anyone break CV joints. Who had that problem?

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Gen 3 half shafts the same dimensions (length, CV joint, etc.) as the Gen 2? If so, will they work with a Gen 2? I figure if they fit and are so much better, then why not buy a used set instead of paying $800+ for Unitrax? Just a thought.......feel free to flame away!

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that is a good idea to be installing CV half shafts on a GEN 2.

Mainly I believe they are not the same length plus if your car has ABS they
will definitely not work from my own personal experince. Due to the CV has a larger diameter at the outside end than on the UJ shaft.

Thus your ABS speed sensor & ring will not match properly and you will get an ABS light malfunction.

If you think about it UJ half shafts are proven to be better. First they don't
have dust boots the could crack or rot over time. Second they are simpler to repair and third they are inexpensive to replace in comparison to the CV shafts. IMO :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang