06 B/W Coupe or B/silver coupe?

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have narrowed it down to these two colors for the next toy. The black w/silver has a evil look. The B/W has the beautiful, hey look at me presence.

Give me your opinions guys. Also if anyone has some good pics of the B/S please post them

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would choose the B/W, I had a black GTS and though it was wicked when all cleaned up. I spent more time cleaning then driveing, with my new 06 blue with silver stripes, I spend more time driving then cleaning

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would vote for B/W, just because that color is kick a$$. As you requested though...

blksilsrt1.JPG

blksilsrt2.JPG

blksilsrt3.JPG

If you want the best of both worlds, why not go for blue/silver?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That black and silver looks bad ass! I've only seen the b/w in person, but I really like the b/s. I dont think you can go wrong with either color combo.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either way you can not go wrong. Black with Silver looks sinister and evil but is very hard to keep clean. The blue with white is the classic look and really does the coupe justice. Like I said before, either way you can not go wrong. Good luck with your choice, I know it is a diffucult one. Personally, I do not know which one I would go with either. I think I would have to have them sitting next to each other to choose. GOOD LUCK!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another vote for blue with silver stripes here. :laugh:

But you seriously cannot go wrong with any of these color combos as they all look great!

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue/White all day between those two. The black/silver is an awesome look but one of the most revered cars ever is the 1996/1997 B/W coupes. I believe they made 200 2006 B/W cars so it's also limited. I almost went that route but ended up with a white/blue stripe car...Good luck either way and enjoy the car!!! Dan :2tu:

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned both color combos albeit in the roadster body. Both were great looking and drew lots of attention. The Black/Silver was just a tad harder to keep clean since the Blue in the Blue/White is not exactly light Blue. I now have a Red one (just like my first one...we tend to go back to our roots!) but if I had to choose I would go with the Blue/White - classic look and I liked the brightness as compared to the Black/Silver.

Regardless way, glad to see you are making the move and I am sure you'll enjoy either one.

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Blue with White stripes is gorgeous and I agree they are one of the most sought after Vipers made....But, Just my two cents - I own an 05 Copperhead that I think is striking.... but, right after I purchased it, a dealer here in town got in a Coupe in Black with Silver Stripes AND the new five spoke wheels. Oh how I wish I had the money for both. The coupe is gorgeous, that color combo with those wheels is one of the prettiest , best flowing cars I have ever seen. I have visited the dealer three to four times just to look at it. I am sure someone on this board has pictures of this configuration. There is also a solid black with the ten Spoke Chrome wheels at another dealer in Dayton - pretty, but the Black/silver Coupe and five spokes is just stunning in person. My favorite car ever I think.... good luck, tough decision.

John

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Blue with ***** stripes is gorgeous and I agree they are one of the most sought after Vipers made....But, Just my two cents - I own an 05 Copperhead that I think is striking.... but, right after I purchased it, a dealer here in town got in a Coupe in Black with Silver Stripes AND the new five spoke wheels. Oh how I wish I had the money for both. The coupe is gorgeous, that color combo with those wheels is one of the prettiest , best flowing cars I have ever seen. I have visited the dealer three to four times just to look at it. I am sure someone on this board has pictures of this configuration. There is also a solid black with the ten Spoke Chrome wheels at another dealer in Dayton - pretty, but the Black/silver Coupe and five spokes is just stunning in person. My favorite car ever I think.... good luck, tough decision.

John

Hey John, have you seen the Copperhead Coupe with black stripes, you'll love it if you haven't...

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know why ;) but I like the Blue/Silver. Ive had black cars before they are beautiful but little harder to keep clean. I like the blue/white, the silver stripes do not stand out as much but I like it that way.

All Vipers are beautiful-it just comes down to the color you like. Get what turns you on.

Hey Stray-Just teasing-dont get mad at me. I am the worlds worst at spelling errors. You may have wanted this way, but I am glad you but the e on ***** Stripes. :D

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was dead set on purchasing a blu/sil coupe with the 5 stars, had the deposit down, traveled to Georgia to go get it and then it happened. We walked past a bay where they were prepping a blk/sil coupe with the 5 stars and I was awestruck!

Although they put the two side by side for comparison, the black is just so menacing next to the blue. The lines seem to flow better, the silver really pops off the color, and black is a timeless "dress it up" or "dress it down" color. I took an informal poll while the cars were next to each other and 6 out of 8 non-dealership folks (including the mailman) chose the black.

Oh, one other thing that is very apparent when you see the two together, the black had far better reflection in the paint than did the metallic color - so it looks like glass when waxed.

And that is the only drawback. It needs care. If you keep after it after each drive, it's no sweat. A blue car may be easier, but I really question how much.

I need to get around to posting some pics.

Good luck with your decision.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott--I remember the dilemma you were in. Would like to see more pics.

You are right on the better reflection. I know some dont like bling but on black I like a little bling. I know it can over done.

Another thing about the silver stripes. On the interior I put on the silver dash pieces ,and it really pics up the exterior stripes and I think looks nice on the inside. Like a continuation of the exterior stripes.

BTW Mystic I think black looks much better in person than in pics.

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comp - yep, have seen the black stripes on a copperhead coupe and I agree it is beautiful. I do not know why, the Black/Silver and the five spokes is something special to me. I agree, pictures do not do the car justice.

Hiss- You've never seen ***** Stripes ? I never loaded the Spll chkr cause it is a work machine I use - maybe I should huh ? No offense taken at all... I do try and proof read them before I send them out. Sure missed that one ! Funny.

John

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real funny--had a good belly laugh. I told you I make spelling errors-if you noticed I typed but instead of put. Oh man-this is not my day.

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mystic - you can't go wrong with either choice - both having striking appearance.

As far as keeping black looking good, I take mine to a pressure wash frequently, and in 15 minutes tops the car is cleaned with only one cycle of the coin wash, and dried with microfiber towels. Not a problem at all. Good luck with your decision.

Jim

OP
OP

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 1st choice is the black and silver. But I am one of those guys that can tell you every single flaw that any of my cars have on demand. And knowing that I am going to see swirl marks on that black will irritate the hell out of me. But Bill has a black and silver at Woodhouse and my hopes where for him to have a F.E. and do a paxton install.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bill has a new blk/sil? I thought those were all spoken for. Someone was looking for one about a month ago and none were to be had (zero mile cars, that is).

On the swirl issue, if you care for the car correctly, you should not get swirls. I thought it would be impossible to keep swirls out of black paint, but after taking a huge crash course on claying, cleaning, polishing, waxing, and washing, trust me, it can be avoided. And of course, the end result is stunning.

OP
OP

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, if I remember correctly he had 2. One with reg wheels and one with the H wheels. Then a blue and silver.

Man I am way to lazy to do all that,lol. But what you say is correct, I just dont want to do it. I can throw a coat of wax on the blue every 2 months and be done.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
EVERY Owner of the Blue/white GTS is glad they 'invested' in that color, and ~~1800 of 'em were made. They demand a premium price 10 years later.

Only 200 2006 SRT-C were made in Blu / White.

So My suggestion is: BUY WHAT TWEAKS YOUR PASSION

[and Black cars need a part-time-detailer on staff ]

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal preference is GTS Blue with Silver Stripes. I also like the Blue with White stripes but there is something about the Silver Stripes on vehicles that looks more, ......well mature.

Black looks awesome. Black with Silver Stripes looks even better. As the owner of a Black Jeep SRT8, if you drive it daily, you fascination with Black will wear off in about three weeks. It is a real pain in the ass.

Like others I would sooner spend my time driving it, then cleaning it up.

I am confused though, as I thought you already mentioned in another thread that you previously owned and sold a 06 Blue with Silver Stripes Coupe yet this year?

HISS, please PM me on who and where you purchased the silver interior pieces from. I absolutely love that look. I also have some real questions on the 3.55 gear change. I am seriously thinking about doing that as highway driving at 80 mph seems a tad high revs in 5th and way, way too low in 6th. I don't race it, so everyday street set up would seem better, for me anyway.

OP
OP

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
EVERY Owner of the Blue/white GTS is glad they 'invested' in that color, and ~~1800 of 'em were made. They demand a premium price 10 years later.

Only 200 2006 SRT-C were made in Blu / White.

So My suggestion is: BUY WHAT TWEAKS YOUR PASSION

[and Black cars need a part-time-detailer on staff ]

Very good point on the number of b/w gts vs b/w coupes. I did not know there were that many 96/97 b/w produced.

Coloviper, I wanted a b/w from the start but they were demanding a high price when you could get a blu/silver for almost $15k cheaper. So I thought the b/s would be just fine. And it was until I saw a b/w and decided that was the car I wanted to end up getting. Now the prices have come down to normal and it is time to move. Also the devil in me wanted the blk/silver and I figured Id let the site talk sense into me.

Thanks for all the help guys, Blue and White it is! Talking to a few guys right now trying to make a deal.

John Ill be calling you for some goodies real soon.