06 Coupe could I sell it

Reaction score
I have an 06 coupe. I want to sell it but don't want to take a big hit. The coupe was made this summer. It is red with 5 spoke wheels and sirius radio. No stripes. I had the dodge dealer add a 170 thermostat, DC performance second computer, corsa track exhaust, randon HF cats, and 3.55 rear gears.. I also have grey custom embroidered mats and trunk mat. The dodge dealer keeps the warranty when they install aftermarket stuff. Just a good idea. The car has 2300 miles on it. Most of the 06 coupes have finally sold do you guys think that I could get 75000 for the car. I would only loose 15000 for the few months usuage. I have 90 in it with the tax and extras. Should I wait till the coupes dry up even more as we wait for the 08 next year. I live in Morristown NJ, the dealer that did the work was Warnock dodge, mechanic was Scott Sorrento best Viper mech anywhere he did fantastic work not a finger print anywhere. Guys got golden hands. Thanks Rich <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font>

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I were personally looking, I wouldnt pay more then 65-70K for yours. But thats only cause I've already seen plenty selling new for that, some even special edition Blue/white. Unfortunatley the market dropped quickly. Would I sell mine right now....nope. Im wondering also, if the market will climb back up a little once the market dries up a bit.
I say drive and enjoy it, otherwise if your done with it and want something else, then just sell it for whatever it brings.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest problem is that all the money you spent on sales taxes, plates, registration etc is lost because the new purchaser will need to pay it all over again.

No stripes hurts a bit for resale, but red always looks great on a Viper.

With the +600 hp motor 08's being available in a couple months, at probably the same prices as the 06's you are going up against a 2 year newer vehicle, even though yours is only a few months old.

This is winter when so many states are digging out from under snow, and few are out shopping for used Vipers.

On the other hand you have all the most popular mods, so if someone is looking for a car, yours will be high up on the desirability list.

Best of success selling your car. The alternative is also good...keeping your car and enjoying cruising in the fast approaching Springtime. You might just change your mind about selling it : &gt;)

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With the +600 hp motor 08's being available in a couple months, at probably the same prices as the 06's you are going up against a 2 year newer vehicle, even though yours is only a few months old.

Says who??? :eek:

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was on the fence for a long time whether or not to keep my Coupe. I ended up selling it about a month ago and getting a pretty good price for it considering prices were starting to drop. I really miss it, but my long term plan is to get into an 08 or 09. Not knowing what the market would be for these down the line, I decided to sell now. I've seen some new Coupes being sold for around 68k. Good Luck in your decision.

Bat™

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 75K is a little high, I'm no expert but I spent a month looking for red/silver coupes in September and again in December (first was totaled). Your car is probably closer to 70-72K but the right buyer may pay more. Between now and May I don't think you'll see much more deprecation, but I don't think you see any lift either.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I was looking to trade in my 04 vert with 30K miles and I got offered $46K for it...

I laughed at their faces, but from my calling around I see that this is all I am going to get.

Tough, I don't know what to do. I was looking forward getting an 06 blue/white coupe :-(

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude I had a blue and silver coupe which is a lot more desireable.....i sold that car with 1600 miles for barely over 70k and i had 91 in it with all mods and taxes....good luck.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will not be a blue/white coupe... or a red/white coupe in 08... only in converts.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
There will not be a blue/white coupe... or a red/white coupe in 08... only in converts.

Oh no!! I am set on getting an 08, no matter how much I lose on my 04... But I wanted the blue/white coupe!!! I've been in love with that combo ever since 96 GTS came out and I had a 94 RT/10...

Where can I go to check the possible color combinations?? Maybe blue coupe and I paint the stripes? Maybe blue/silver??

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 06 coupe. I want to sell it but don't want to take a big hit. The coupe was made this summer. It is red with 5 spoke wheels and sirius radio. No stripes. I had the dodge dealer add a 170 thermostat, DC performance second computer, corsa track exhaust, randon HF cats, and 3.55 rear gears.. I also have grey custom embroidered mats and trunk mat. The dodge dealer keeps the warranty when they install aftermarket stuff. Just a good idea. The car has 2300 miles on it. Most of the 06 coupes have finally sold do you guys think that I could get 75000 for the car. I would only loose 15000 for the few months usuage. I have 90 in it with the tax and extras. Should I wait till the coupes dry up even more as we wait for the 08 next year. I live in Morristown NJ, the dealer that did the work was Warnock dodge, mechanic was Scott Sorrento best Viper mech anywhere he did fantastic work not a finger print anywhere. Guys got golden hands. Thanks Rich <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font>

FWIW, I've seen this car up close. It looks absolutely brand new with tasteful/popular mods.

Beautiful car. :D
The real reason Richard is selling is...he's got too many dang cars! :nana:

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, getting that kind of coin is going to be tough, at least now that is. There is a new '06 Coupe on Ebay that can be had for $70k.

redlightrich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my 06fe with 600 miles for 71k. It was not easy to sell. It sold Sept of 06. My car had no mods whatsoever, but I don't think that hurts or helps. Just depends on the buyer. Really sad, as these are great cars.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont get it,z06 are still getting a premium,as redlightrich stated there such great cars.whe the 08s come out wonder if the prices will stil drop or stabalize.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Hey redlight and flash it appears there really are viper guys in Morristown area. How about a fun car rally in the area I would love to help sponser something we could go cruise somewhere and then eat a lot of something what do you think. My wife wants me to go back to a vette because she has witnessed stability control at work and is afraid the viper without any safe guards will kill us. I must admit it is scary when the car changes direction at 90 miles an hour and then snaps you back in the same direction you where going if you haven't experienced that sensation it's difficult for you to understand. Without the redirection of control you just go flying off the road. But lets have that rally. Thanks for all the good words it's worth keeping the viper if I only stare at it in the garage. The thought of going back to the flimsy vette with the rubber engine mts,and the chattering clutch are not appealing.

DR EVIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont get it,z06 are still getting a premium...

I have noticed that they are now going for a little under MSRP or MSRP but I still do not understand how that is possible. It is a Corvette!!

in a few months there will be steep discounts as GM is pumping 'em out!

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Spent some time shopping chevy dealers in Morristown NJ. I found lots of Z06's sitting in the showrooms. Went to Dalessio in Booton he has 3 Z's. Was a pair of kids sitting in 2 of them in the showroom and they where slamin the gear shifter around and tearing up the inside of the cars. They suggested a good deal could be made. I guess it's due. Did a check of 06 viper coupes I found no coupes except a white one in the whole state and NY. I do believe we are going to see the viper coupes start to turn around finacially. New 08 are at least 9 months away, will be more expensive and very few mods available and of course the first year illnesses that will occur.