06 Coupe Winter Hibernation results in Windows not Working

Emerica4601

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey All -

Just took my 06 coupe out from the garage from hibernating for 4 months of this horrific cold weather we've had this winter. I've started up the car now and then in between those 4 months, and also have had the car on a tender.

Just this past weekend I started up the car and wanted to put some fresh fuel in it. The car started no problem and seemed to have no issues. I noticed the window was not indexing, and the window switch was not working for either window.

I replaced the main 30a fuse, and that did not work. I've read that maybe it could be the BCM, but my BCM is new as of <1 year ago from Mopar.

Anything else I may be missing? Or has anyone had this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Joe

OP
OP
E

Emerica4601

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bump

still looking for some kind of input. any at all. surely someone has had something similar happen

OP
OP
E

Emerica4601

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FIXED THE ISSUE!

Checked power at fuse box at windows fuse (30a) --- good
Checked power at window switch --- has power

I did some more looking into some of the other fuses/relays I didn't know about. I googled the "RUN/ACC" Relay and one the first results was a car who had issues with windows not working. I switched this relay with another relay of same part number, and sure enough, the windows indexed and now work!

Hope this helps anyone who may happen to have this issue someday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang