06 SRT10 Wont start

06SRT10guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have any idea why it might not start outside of the battery? New car for me so I am lost.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happen leading up to this and what's happening now. Won't crank, interior lights on? More info needed.

OP
OP

06SRT10guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right sorry. It was running fine. Then when I went to start it, it would crank but not fire up. The check engine light came on but it wont turn over. Cant get it anywhere to check the codes. Having to tow it but figured maybe I could get some info before it hits the shop

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesnt sound too serious/just dont let a dummy work on it:nono:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
P.S....drive another car to Sears, AutoZone, Harbor Freight, etc. and buy a cheap code reader to get some idea of what you may be facing.

OP
OP

06SRT10guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock.

Ps, its my only car and everyone else is at work. I will do that asap.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the car spin over and not start or did it just power up and not spin when you pushed the button?Check all the mini fuses in the Power Dist.center under the hood on the drivers side. One of the fuses can blow and the starter will not engauge. Dont remember which on right off.

OP
OP

06SRT10guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the help guys. I will check that out Tom Sessions. It will crank over like it wants to start but wont fire and start up.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If is cranks over then its not what I was getting at with the fuse. Still wont hurt to check.When you turn the key to the run position do you hear the fuel pump come on for about 2 sec. ?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Need the codes.

While you are waiting;

Is there spark? Fuel pressure or at least hear the pump run initially??
If no to both, you may have a de-energized ASD relay...from such things as a crankshaft sensor sensor signal problem, shorted O2 sensor wires, etc., etc.

Sure would like those codes!!! :)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
So far, I have not found a key activated "display-the-codes" method...have lookrd in 06 owners manual, student books, and service manuals...will keep checking.

Sure would like to see those codes!!!

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The three key flip works fine on an 06... be patient as it may take a few trys.

From key "off"... go to on... got to off.... go to on... got to off.... got to on and keep it on. This process should take less than three seconds, but probably more than 2... so say the words "key on" "key off" to get the tempo right.

When you get it the odo will display either the P-codes present or simply the word "done" if there are no powertrain codes. (you can also look for that indicator on a good car to make sure you've got the process right).